Mi4c Push Notifications Problem (msgs Arrive Late)

vipercubic

Members
Oct 28, 2015
Hello guys. Any of you with mi4c have problems with push notifications? (Whatsapp, Viber, messenger)

They arrive with an average latency of 2 to 15 minutes. This is not happening every time. I really can't find any pattern.

I already have the correct settings (autostart, lock in memory, allow popups, custom battery profiles to allow connectivity in background) but this drives me crazy.

Any thoughts?

I'm on latest Developer btw.

Any user of mi4c is having those troubles ;-) I read that the problem is solved in the last version. Check out out

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Any user of mi4c is having those troubles ;-) I read that the problem is solved in the last version. Check out out

are you sure? there is no mention of solution in changelog of version 5.11.12...
which version are you talking about?

are you sure? there is no mention of solution in changelog of version 5.11.12...
which version are you talking about?
Sorry I read that in Czech / Slovak community forum. It was working yesterday for me too. Today it is terrible. Notifications and widget updates after turning display on.

I'm having exactly the same issue, I flashed my mi4c last week with the weekly ROM and noticed problems with push notifications, even for 30 minutes in whatsapp! With this weekly ROM I'm still suffering the same problem.
My colleague has a mi4i and flashed his xiaomi.eu weekly ROM also the last week, and in his terminal he is experiencing the same problem.
We also have all configurations in place (no energy management in apps, energy profiles desactivated, etc)

I'm having exactly the same issue, I flashed my mi4c last week with the weekly ROM and noticed problems with push notifications, even for 30 minutes in whatsapp! With this weekly ROM I'm still suffering the same problem.
My colleague has a mi4i and flashed his xiaomi.eu weekly ROM also the last week, and in his terminal he is experiencing the same problem.
We also have all configurations in place (no energy management in apps, energy profiles desactivated, etc)
Try to lock WhatsApp in memory

Yes, I have it also locked in memory (recent apps) and no change. I'm also suffering problems with web.whatsapp, if the screen is off the website displays a connectivity issue

I have this problem in different locations, so probably we can discard that posibility. Anyway it seems it's a reported bug, it appears in a lot of forums.

Hello guys. Any of you with mi4c have problems with push notifications? (Whatsapp, Viber, messenger)

They arrive with an average latency of 2 to 15 minutes. This is not happening every time. I really can't find any pattern.

I already have the correct settings (autostart, lock in memory, allow popups, custom battery profiles to allow connectivity in background) but this drives me crazy.

Any thoughts?

I'm on latest Developer btw.

This problem also exists on my Redmi Notes 2

I see, lets hope it is going to be fixed, it's so annoying!

Anyone tried if this happens in the chinese builds?

Anybody bother to check their "battery manage app" settings?
See alse here: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/whatsapp-doesnt-notified-in-real-time.28801/
yes , i have tried to disable the option which miui controls the background apps and the problem stays. also for other programs like waze when you switch between apps in the background and go back to waze, the gps disconnects. also web whatsapp says phone not connected... i think all of this is the same problem.... could any of the stuff can approve ?

yes , i have tried to disable the option which miui controls the background apps and the problem stays. also for other programs like waze when you switch between apps in the background and go back to waze, the gps disconnects. also web whatsapp says phone not connected... i think all of this is the same problem.... could any of the stuff can approve ?

Yep.. Waze, sometimes Tapatalk, viber delay,.. Only Telegram is working on 100%

OK so anyone experiencing this. any forum member can forward this to developers ?????? or this bug is under tests to fix ?

OK so anyone experiencing this. any forum member can forward this to developers ?????? or this bug is under tests to fix ?

As I wrote earlier this bug isn't only mi4c related and it's discussed across the whole forum so I suppose developers know about that.

As I wrote earlier this bug isn't only mi4c related and it's discussed across the whole forum so I suppose developers know about that.

ok thanks, only need to wait

there is an old developer version without this iussue? or anyone has verified this problem with the last stable version?

I've also read about it in the official MIUI forums. It happens when screen is off, and only with WIFI. It is a bug with standby WIFI. Hope this gets fixed, it is a major issue, and my Mi4C is arriving soon:(

This video helped me hope it is useful for you

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.