Mi4s Gps Problems (no Position Found) In Europe?

Hey, i've no SuperUS on my phone, and have the same problem with gps since long time ago. Already tried the manage A-GPS and change the gps.conf but anything worked well ... i'm so lost and if i need to resend my phone to the SAV, i will have no phone for 1 month at least ...

My conclusion: the GPS on xiaomi devices is really BAD. But i don't know whether it's software (ROM) or hardware problem.

I did a comparation between my old ZTE Z7 mini and my Mi4S using GPS Status.
the result is just so disappointing.
My ZTE Z7 Mini could lock within 10 seconds, using 18 out of 32 satellites detected, and with 9 meters accuracy. --> see the picture with black background

and my Mi4S... could not really lock...
it only connect with 4 out of 5 satellites with huge error (117 meters accuracy) --> see the picture with white background.

My friends then tried it with their Mi4C, Redmi Note 3 Pro and Mi Note...and they too have difficulties to get a lock with GPS. Using google map during a drive is a catastrophe. the position points jumps all the time...
We tried several tips and tricks how to get a better GPS lock. NONE of them make any differences...

COMPARE-GPS.jpg

Hi All, I share my founds to fix the GPS problem. I've applied this two changes:

1. Give necessary permissions to Google Maps or whatever application you use to navigate. Open Security app --> Permissions --> Permissions --> Find the app (in my case Google maps) --> be sure you have green check on "Get location info (get precise location)". I've configured location mode as "High accuracy".

2. Open Security app again --> Battery --> App battery saver --> Find the application you want to use and click on it --> Set "no restrictions" for Background settings (Battery saver doesn't restrict app's activity) and be sure that location in background is allowed.

My indications have been created using Xiaomi.eu rom 6.10.27, your menus could be in a different place if you use a different rom version.

Hope it will helpful to fix the GPS problem

Regards,

David.

Last edited:
Hi All, I share my founds to fix the GPS problem. I've applied this two changes:

1. Give necessary permissions to Google Maps or whatever application you use to navigate. Open Security app --> Permissions --> Permissions --> Find the app (in my case Google maps) --> be sure you have green check on "Get location info (get precise location)". I've configured location mode as "High accuracy".

2. Open Security app again --> Battery --> App battery saver --> Find the application you want to use and click on it --> Set "no restrictions" for Background settings (Battery saver doesn't restrict app's activity) and be sure that location in background is allowed.

My indications have been created using Xiaomi.eu rom 6.10.27, your menus could be in a different place if you use a different rom version.

Hope it will helpful to fix the GPS problem

Regards,

David.

I have high accuracy already
also no restrictions in battery settings
doesn't change anything... it keeps jumping and not accurate.

Hi Poppon, just a question, if you run GPS test (30. GPS) from the Hardware test app, is it passed? In my case, this test was always working fine, but google Maps keeps jumping (locking and losing the position) until I applied the battery settings to no restrictions.

Regards,

Hello, Poppon, guys.

Sorry for my english)))
I am from Russia. I am in Moscow now and GPS on my Mi 4S is not working from the box. I tryed many tutorials and diffrent developers ROMs, but I have not fix it.
I changed gps.conf and the permission to it. It is still not working.
I found many opinions that the reason is in GPS settings which configured for China. Our model is for internal сhinese market. As I understand, these settings uploaded on device in factory. I mean, maybe there are many other settings besides gps.conf? How do you think?

Hello guys,

I'm from France and I had this GPS fix issue before. I'm under 7.2.5.0 european miui version and I fixed the problem by reseting data, cache and dalvik cache in TWRP and reflashing the same version (without changing any parameter). Now the fix lasts 5 or 10 seconds.

I changed from latest stable to weekly 7.4.13 with clean install.
GPS test result is still not good, but navigating with gmaps works way better now

Gesendet von meinem MI 4S mit Tapatalk

Hi, my mi4s has not had a working GPS since I bought it over 2 years ago, I have upgraded and changed the version of android many times and still not working.

Currently I am on MIUI 9 8.3.15 Beta but still no gps at all.. Any idea how to fix my phone, this is really becoming a big problem.

Hi, I specifically want to use my GPS when I have no Wifi and no Simcard in my phone, like when i'm travelling with an offline map like Maps.ME - With my girfriends Galaxy J7 it works just great with no wifi or simcard with GPS and gets a lock in under a minute.

I have not been able to get this working at all in the last 2 years I've had my Mi4s. I had various versions of the Chinese ROM, then I changed across to the EU rom and still not working.

I'm currently on MIUI 9.5.2.0 Stable

Any ideas or guidance?