New Mi4w V8.0.2.0 Mxdcndg / Loudspeaker Echo Bug

Giray

Members
Sep 22, 2016
Dear Friends,

My father has mi4w. I updated his firmware by wiping all data to latest stable miui8 v8.0.2.0 from Xiaomi.eu.

When he is talking by using loudspeaker or when he is using video call apks like Google duo the other side hears own voice as echo.

I think something is missing in miui8 about noise cancellation. We tried so many thing, taking off the protective cover, reducing loudspeaker volume etc.

If he mute his microphone, other side of the call is not hearing any noise or echo.

I search too many forums but could not find any proper solution and it drives me crazy.

How can we overcome that issue?

To recreate the situation install Google duo or Skype (video call app) and call a contact and ask to other side is he/she hears an echo (his/her own voice)

Thank you for your help. Regards.

iamme I believe that is because of removing the noise cancellation settings which miui7 had but miui8 not have. Noise cancellation settings does not work properly on a video call.

This is really big issue and I met some people online this is not related to only mi4, some mi5 users also mentioned about that echo.

I think it is a software issue and can be solved.

Should we escalate that problem to official forum or I don't know it is related to Xiaomi.eu version? Do you have any info about that?