Mi5 And Twrp Versions

Michel Costa

Members
Mar 13, 2017
Hello, this is my first post. Sorry if you're doing something wrong.

So my mi5 pro is with the stable global miui 8.1.4 and I noticed some bugs:

1 - audio volume on the handset is low and it distorts at maximum volume.

2 - The smartphone heats up.

3 - OIS not working on 1 side (missing calibration).

4 - Large Google play downloads are no more than 350kb / s.

5 - Android and Android system drain the battery.

I want to know if the Miui EU stable 8.2.1.0 (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.2.1.0.NAACNEB_v8-7.0.zip) Android 7.0 (or old/newer) resolves all these bugs?

If yes, after unlocking the bootloader, which version of Twrp for Gemini should I use? The youngest or any?

Should I be switching Twrp version for each ROM?

Sorry for so many questions but I really do not want to do something wrong with my phone.

Thank you.

Last edited:
TWRP 3.1.0 is ok, when you install .eu rom, the rom has it's own twrp and will install it over yours, currently it has 3.0.2 twrp...

You can than leave which twrp will be installed with new rom... developers include the right one in each rom...

China roms (.eu rom is built on china rom) are maybe more stable than global and have bit more features, .eu have more optimisation and les bloatware, more responsive...

If all your problems are solved? Try and test it... you can always switch roms...

Reactions: minotavros
Thanks for the answer.
So to install the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.2.1.0.NAACNEB_v8-7.0.zip"
will I have to use Twrp 3.1.0 only because it is for Android N 7.0?
Is Twrp 3.0.2 for ROMs based on Android M 6.0 only?

We all used 3.0.2-3... 3.1.0 just came out few days ago... Whichever, they are both for N... for updating follow the procedure from @ingbrzy first post in every weekly thread... Follow procedure for updating from Adroid 6 to 7 !

Reactions: minotavros
Sorry I'm still confused.

Can I install via fastboot the twrp version: 3.1.0-1 or,
3.0.2-3 or,
3.0.2-0
and then install the latest stable miui EU (7.0 based)?

Case something wrong the solution is to go into fastboot mode and reflash recovery twrp img?

Sorry so many questions

What about boot.img? Do I still need to flash?

Even using twrp-3.1.0-1-gemini.img or twrp-3.0.2-3-gemini.img