Mi5 Glass Backcover Quality

Genius

Members
Nov 25, 2016
Hi there,

I just got my Mi5 today and im wondering if you can also feel the edges of your backcover at the long sides?
If I pass the metalic frame with my fingernail it stuck everytime on the edge of the glass back cover.
It's like the backcover is an eighth to wide for the metallic frame.

It feels also really bad in my hand, you can clearly feel the edge, which is annoying.

Did I just get a bad product or is this kind of normal quality?
Btw. I've got the black version.

Best,
Patrick

Thanks for the confirmation.
Yesterday I found some high resolution of the mi5 where you can see what I just described.

So normal quality of the "flagship".
Sad that noone ever spoke about it in any review I watched.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Yesterday I found some high resolution of the mi5 where you can see what I just described.

So normal quality of the "flagship".
Sad that noone ever spoke about it in any review I watched.
I was quite surprised myself as well, but since I am using it with a case I ignore the problem

Not happening with ceramic version.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk
Hello,

I stumbled on this topic and I'm considering upgrading form Mi4 to Mi5 4/128 black ceramic. On first reviews of Mi5 there was talk about 'rattling' volume and power buttons. My question is, since you obviously have ceramic version, is with this version also that 'rattling'?

No rattling on mine. A work mate have the glass version and no rattle at all.

I have experience with a new and older Mi Note. On the old one the glass is perfect and on the new one which was bought when the Mi5 was released, the glass is not of the same quality and you could actually see the rough edges.

I think that the supplier for the glass has been replaced and this is the reason for the quality differences.