Mi5 On Its Way To Me ; Few Questions

DannyDEV

Members
Nov 22, 2015
Hey,

So I made a purchase for Mi5 64GB from Aliexpress (375 US $), got a permission to unlock bootloader (after 4 days of waiting [got only 2 massages on the forum, not a diamond or platinum user or any]) and have an experience with Chinese phones (weekly, stable, dev, official, not official etc)

Now:
1.If I install the stable rom, will I be able to update it via TWRP without the need to clean anything?
2.If I install the dev rom, will I be able to update it via TWRP without the need to clean anything?
3.How often these weekly updates effects on the battery life? Is the stable rom has the "best" battery life comparing to the weekly? (that's the most important thing to me - battery life)
4.Are there any risks to brick/lock bootloader if I install the weekly update? (in a normal use, not while updating the software)
5.Will I be able to update the Stable and weekly MIUI 7 to 8 without any formatting?
6.In the button like, do you recommend me to use the weekly rom or the stable rom for the best experience and performance?(on MIUI 7 only, not talking about 8)
7.If I flash xiaomi.eu's ROM(Stable) via twrp is it OK to wipe the every data with twrp?

Thanks.

Last edited:
From alliexpress I d first check it is genuine before installing any rom. If genuine anyway it will come with a fake rom but this device have locked bootloader that you cannot install twrp without Xiaomi permission.
After unlock, be prepared to full format with a 64 bits pc.

From alliexpress I d first check it is genuine before installing any rom. If genuine anyway it will come with a fake rom but this device have locked bootloader that you cannot install twrp without Xiaomi permission.
After unlock, be prepared to full format with a 64 bits pc.

Thanks, but what your comment has to do with my questions......? Looking for answers for the questions. Believe me I will know if it's fake...

Thanks, but what your comment has to do with my questions......? Looking for answers for the questions. Believe me I will know if it's fake...

Your answers are quite well covered in previous posts on this forum. When you buy a phone like this, you should better be prepared to challenge a bit more yourself.

In addition it is always better to grab info before buying... that sometimes contributes to avoid bad surprises.

Last edited: