New MI8 10.2.2.0 (stable eu) Google pay broken

feder1k11111

Members
Mar 8, 2019
It worked fine since last week now it says device can't be used to pay in shops.
My phone is not rooted, didn't change any settings.
Tried to clear google pay and google play services, it didn't fixed.
Tried to remove and re-add my credit card, get the message "Couldn't finish setup to pay in shops"
Safetynet test is passed, Play Protect certified .
Apps like Netflix work without issues.

Found a solution, I used a new google account and google pay allowed me to add my credit card. For a strange reason, using a new account doesn't mark my MI8 as "rooted phone or other issues".

Just tried to re-enable google pay with my old account and everything seems to works fine (I still have to try to use it in a shop but I think it will work).
Very strange but i think was a "google" problem more than a MIUI problem.

Found a solution, I used a new google account and google pay allowed me to add my credit card. For a strange reason, using a new account doesn't mark my MI8 as "rooted phone or other issues".

Just tried to re-enable google pay with my old account and everything seems to works fine (I still have to try to use it in a shop but I think it will work).
Very strange but i think was a "google" problem more than a MIUI problem.
I have the same problem on 9.3.7, cleaning gpay and Google services doesn't help
Add to another account too

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

Reactions: rico33
I have the same problem on 9.3.7, cleaning gpay and Google services doesn't help
Add to another account too

Same problem here, even with new Google Account I can not add any card for paying in stores. Always says that the phone is not supported.

EDIT: After deleting the Google Play Services data I could add one card but then i tried a second and get the same error....
But the first seems to stay.

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaJoeUA
I'm on 10.3 on a Mi 6 and seem to have this problem too. Even using the native bank app to try tap and pay fails. Only happened since I upgraded to the new weekly.

Tried deleting Google Play and google Pay data and still didn't work.

Tried switching to HCE wallet and no dice.

Just keeps saying You can no longer use Google pay to pay at stores everytime I try and pay for something

Last edited:
Same problem here, even with new Google Account I can not add any card for paying in stores. Always says that the phone is not supported.

EDIT: After deleting the Google Play Services data I could add one card but then i tried a second and get the same error....
But the first seems to stay.
I think Google try to improve their protection of Google pay(Russian, in picture 1):
Somehow, on mi 8 it suddenly began work, i just very many times cleared data of gpay, Google play services and ones play market
But when i switched fingerprint, it somehow helped... (it's possible just luck) Then i could add cards anytime(my phone always has magisk...)

On mi 6 (9.3.7 too) i tried to choose gpay in magisk hide, but it still doesn't allow me to add card
I trued to resetup ROM or to delete magisk(not magisk manager) and Gpay works... (so, problem in root in boot.img)

On my friend's phone (mi 8,9.3.7) i tryed to resetup ROM, delete magisk, and switch fingerprint, but gpay still doesn't work, i'll try again

Conclusion: On both mi 8 there's going something strange, on mi 6 Gpay now can see root even it is hidden (see logs, pic 2, when i try to add card gpay try to scan something)

9a94e315e57052786a8939586bfa9bf2.jpg
11bd09bb2727bf3aeae0c6504d3cd02c.jpg

Translation(only red text)
Due to the frequent cases of random Google Pay crashes, never manually update Google Play services until the Magisk update appears, which bypasses the updated SafetyNet. The problem is not with Magisk, the reason is primarily the Google developers themselves, who, apparently, are trying to improve the protection of the Google Pay service At the moment there is no 100% solution to this problem, all possible solutions are in the topic header and FAQ

I have a similar problem, the root or magisik has never been installed, safetynet test passes ok...

It is for sure gpay "issue".
Users wih global and dev roms, users with and without root are reporting problems with gpay. So probably google will fix it (i doubt it) or MIUI.eu will find solution. I am personally on dev rom and lost ability to pay in shops last week. Try everything that was suggested on forum and nothing help. I newer root my phone only unlocked bootloader

It is for sure gpay "issue".
Users wih global and dev roms, users with and without root are reporting problems with gpay. So probably google will fix it (i doubt it) or MIUI.eu will find solution. I am personally on dev rom and lost ability to pay in shops last week. Try everything that was suggested on forum and nothing help. I newer root my phone only unlocked bootloader
Hey, guys, i found solution https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=826244&view=findpost&p=83362993

Отправлено с моего MI 6 через Tapatalk

Reactions: natheux
That's good. Your smartphone is OK.

Take a look into Google PlayStore -> Settings menu. At the bottom you can see your certification from Google. If this is also OK then it's a Google issue and only Google can help you.

device is certified

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-15-17-38-56-805_com.android.vending.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-15-17-38-56-805_com.android.vending.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 414