New XiaomiEU Module 23, May - No NFC Payments

Jacometto

Members
May 23, 2023
Seems something doesn't works as expected at least on my Poco F3 (Alioth). I didn't change anything except the XiaomiEU Module (PIF) update to get BASIC and DEVICE certified but my Google Wallet (NFC Payments) doesn't working anymore. Does it works for you or not?
Already cleaned Google Services, Store, Wallet and Framework but didn't solve.
Could Poco F3's owners check it and feedback?

Note: Already SafetyNet, Play Integrity (BASIC and DEVICE) certified but no NFC Payments at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-23-13-32-06-123_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-23-13-32-06-123_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Birraque
I've got basic and device after 22nd May patch.

I haven't tried payments because haven't had any yet but my common method is:

- Update the module
- RESTART without attempting any trans. first

I always restart and never attempt any transactions beforehand, because that's always worked for me.

Have you tried paying?
If your device passes the BASIC and DEVICE integrity test, it is not decisive what the Wallet app says. Tomorrow this message will probably disappear by itself.
Yes and the the NFC Payment fail.
I totally agree with you that's how things always previously worked when a new PIF upgraded. I did it many times since Google pushed the Play Integrity for us.
But seems something are changing now and that's why I'm asking for checking it and feedback.
At least on my Poco F3 it isn't working anymore but I'll test it again in a few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20240523_162816.jpg
    IMG_20240523_162816.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20240523_162734.jpg
    IMG_20240523_162734.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Birraque
Seems something doesn't works as expected at least on my Poco F3 (Alioth). I didn't change anything except the XiaomiEU Module (PIF) update to get BASIC and DEVICE certified but my Google Wallet (NFC Payments) doesn't working anymore. Does it works for you or not?
Already cleaned Google Services, Store, Wallet and Framework but didn't solve.
Could Poco F3's owners check it and feedback?

Note: Already SafetyNet, Play Integrity (BASIC and DEVICE) certified but no NFC Payments at all.
My Poco F3 also receiving "Phone doesn't meet security requirements" when NFC Payments checking after latest PIF (23, May) update but it's even working flawlessly.

IMG_20240523_175217.jpg

My suggestion is to double check it later. You'll should be fine after "some" payment cache timeout.

But I agree that Google seems to be playing a different game with new rules now. NFC Payments and RCS seems to be unstable since last week, many private fingerprints were banned again, custom kernels and AOSP Customs can't reach Play Integrity Certification anymore.

IMG_20240523_175712.jpg

Yesterday when my private PIF banned I received the above message and payments really stopped to work. But after move to the Sailfish and a new private one things are back to normal.
Just hope none new "gift" from Google came soon!

Attachments

• IMG_20240523_175712.jpg
    IMG_20240523_175712.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Love
Reactions: Jacometto
On F3, just updated to HyperOS and latest PIF. Can confirm it doesn't work as well despite having BASIC and DEVICE integrity. In the past, it would show "phone doesn't meet security requirement" on Gwallet, despite passing both. But payment always worked. (edit: didn't know clearing the gwallet cache would solve this issue)

Not sure if this might be helpful, but the payment handshake wasn't established at all (e.g., in the past if the signature was expired/invalid, Gwallet would show a X during payment, but there was a handshake occured). What i saw on the payment terminal was that after waving/touching with my phone, it would turn from paywave( or NFC payment) to swipe card instead, no vibration on the phone itself.

With all due respect, just want to thanks the devs for the new f3 build. Not sure it's just an F3 issue, or everyone is facing this issue as well.

Last edited:
After reading up some news on XDA, apparently it's a whole custom ROM scene issue, where fingerprints are getting banned with various kinds of factors such as having certain kernels, or having certain names in the ROM?Kernel? etc. There are some solutions being thought up by the members there, but in a nutshell, i have to remember to bring my wallet now...

My Poco F3 also receiving "Phone doesn't meet security requirements" when NFC Payments checking after latest PIF (23, May) update but it's even working flawlessly.

View attachment 52954

My suggestion is to double check it later. You'll should be fine after "some" payment cache timeout.

But I agree that Google seems to be playing a different game with new rules now. NFC Payments and RCS seems to be unstable since last week, many private fingerprints were banned again, custom kernels and AOSP Customs can't reach Play Integrity Certification anymore.

View attachment 52953

Yesterday when my private PIF banned I received the above message and payments really stopped to work. But after move to the Sailfish and a new private one things are back to normal.
Just hope none new "gift" from Google came soon!
c/c: @gogocar62 @AsadP @austinjklim

Thanks all for your prompt and kindness response.
I confirm that after 24 hours my Google Wallet (NFC Payments) are working flawlessly again.
Manually clean everything didn't solve at this time. Maybe when a NFC Payment were denied by Security Flags like happened to me when using Google Wallet with an already banned fingerprint things goes harder to come back.
Anyway I also hope Google don't bring more trouble for us soon.

Screenshot_2024-05-24-12-18-44-251_com.google.android.gms.jpg

Best,

Reactions: AsadP and Birraque
Same goes with my xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, worked fine till yesterday, I get the same message while attempting to pay. Removed card from Wallet, restarted (as adviced by Xiaomi) and finally unable to set up the card again. Google says that perhaps Xiaomi failed to submit device for certification, Xiaomi says Google rolls out software that trouble the community. What about us?

thank you for advice. got the message "Error getting token from Google....try again at midnight". However, are these requirements 2 days new? the day before i was still able to tap contactless successfully

c/c: @gogocar62 @AsadP @austinjklim

Thanks all for your prompt and kindness response.
I confirm that after 24 hours my Google Wallet (NFC Payments) are working flawlessly again.
Manually clean everything didn't solve at this time. Maybe when a NFC Payment were denied by Security Flags like happened to me when using Google Wallet with an already banned fingerprint things goes harder to come back.
Anyway I also hope Google don't bring more trouble for us soon.

Best,
Thanks for the update. Ill try to give another 24 hours go by again as i tried to pay just now but did not work.

Install this app, click check button and send screenshot. To use Google Wallet, you must pass BASIC and DEVICE verdicts.
Currently installed PIF Magisk, i tried paying hours ago but did not work. I'll try again in 12 hours. Hopefully it would work and at least somewhat determine that the payment cache timeout is around 24 hours.

Currently installed PIF Magisk, i tried paying hours ago but did not work. I'll try again in 12 hours. Hopefully it would work and at least somewhat determine that the payment cache timeout is around 24 hours.
Google might change their integrity check domain. They push harder on account and payment security (?) now. Having same issues with other youtube clients for a while.

Also, Ishtar (13Ultra) here, Google pay stop working today. Lucky I brought my card with me. The terminal displayed same as @austinjklim reported. And also integrity app failed like above posts.

Google might change their integrity check domain. They push harder on account and payment security (?) now. Having same issues with other youtube clients for a while.

Also, Ishtar (13Ultra) here, Google pay stop working today. Lucky I brought my card with me. The terminal displayed same as @austinjklim reported. And also integrity app failed like above posts.
Unfortunately, PIF wasn't working for me for more than 24 hours, currently switched to Injection Module. payment fail after clearing cache of play store and resetting NFC, but i'll give another 24 hours to see whether things would change.

Unfortunately, PIF wasn't working for me for more than 24 hours, currently switched to Injection Module. payment fail after clearing cache of play store and resetting NFC, but i'll give another 24 hours to see whether things would change.
How Google really does the Wallet and RCS certification now are unknown.
My Google NFC Payments are broke again even no changes in my side. In the recent weeks every approximately 72 hours something are checked in their side and my payments blocked.
Maybe Google (DroidGuard) checking not only the Play Integrity when Wallet certifying.
Anyway seems I'm the lucky one.

:confused:

My Google NFC Payments are broke again even no changes in my side. In the recent weeks every approximately 72 hours something are checked in their side and my payments blocked.
Maybe Google (DroidGuard) checking not only the Play Integrity when Wallet certifying.

So currently gwallet isn't working for you yes?

Not sure but other users of other phones, doesn't look like they are complaining. Not sure it's isolated to F3 users. Anyone else able to contribute?

So currently gwallet isn't working for you yes?

Not sure but other users of other phones, doesn't look like they are complaining. Not sure it's isolated to F3 users. Anyone else able to contribute?
13ultra here. 24hour later, gpay still has error payment.

The rule is clear but I understand that not everything is working as it should while Google changes everything very often.
If you are Play Integrity (BASIC and DEVICE) certified then the Wallet must work. If this doesn't happen, something is flaging Google that the environment is not safe like root, Xposed/Zygisk/SU App or even your banking app auditing.
Maybe in the future even a device linked to your Google account and not certified can flag it. Who knows how far Google will go to guarantee a safe ecosystem, profits from advertising and service subscriptions? Customization and rooting seem to be on their milestone now!

The rule is clear but I understand that not everything is working as it should while Google changes everything very often.
If you are Play Integrity (BASIC and DEVICE) certified then the Wallet must work. If this doesn't happen, something is flaging Google that the environment is not safe like root, Xposed/Zygisk/SU App or even your banking app auditing.
Maybe in the future even a device linked to your Google account and not certified can flag it. Who knows how far Google will go to guarantee a safe ecosystem, profits from advertising and service subscriptions? Customization and rooting seem to be on their milestone now!

The long story have troubleshooting, modules, apps, clean cache & data, many reboots, ...
I prefer the short version:
GPay Checker app uninstalled, reboot then a few hours later NFC Payments are working flawlessly again
Seems the app used to check the Wallet was flagging to Google the root.

The long story have troubleshooting, modules, apps, clean cache & data, many reboots, ...
I prefer the short version:
GPay Checker app uninstalled, reboot then a few hours later NFC Payments are working flawlessly again
Seems the app used to check the Wallet was flagging to Google the root.
Do you happen to have twrp installed? Or not at all? I do not have the all. I cleared everything but it doesn't work.

Also you're using the PIF or .eu inject

I check the integrity today. Something must have messed up. I did not install or do anything weird.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-28-07-26-30-278_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-28-07-26-30-278_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 32
I still had Device_integrity passed few hours ago, also passed it while on PIay Integrity Fix, but payment still failed. Now going to use osm0sis to see anything changes.

Do you happen to have twrp installed? Or not at all? I do not have the all. I cleared everything but it doesn't work.

Also you're using the PIF or .eu inject
I'm using the default TWRP SKKK for Poco F3 that came with MIUI14.0.8.0 by XiaomiEU
Currently Play Integrity certified with Play Integrity Fork module.

Reactions: austinjklim