Resolved Mi8 Pro Fingerprint / Wake from sleep / Unlock Fingerprint Problem

geozg2

Members
Oct 21, 2016
Hi to all. At the latests costum dev roms after xiaomi eu. 9.1.24 rom at Xiaomi mi8 Pro global version i can't unlock the device with fingerprint when the ambient display is off, when i put my finger in the sensor the phone only vibrates but it doesn't unlock... I've seen near to the tread of the mi8 Pro a lot of people have also the the same problem !! I have tried almost all the official china fastboot roms and all it has is the white watch without dark mode also ... And the same in official global fastboot roms ... I Believe the problem is the coloured clocks that you from xioami eu take from mi9 and make the port to mi8 Pro rom with the codex from mi8 (dipper) ... Can you fix that problem because the responsibbility is only yours ??

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi8-pro-fingerprint-wake-from-sleep.49122/#post-471364

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi8-pro-unlock-with-fingerprint-when-display-is-off.49469/

0-02-05-1a410ba07c0098b2640ec949f0d9f4fbb066e5c70237d0f0405eeb8cca64216a_5aa3b311.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Octaviastikos
And the bad is you know my boyfriend George that we do not fix it then do that make the stupid things confuse the code and we do not let us sit down to put it right This is a problem here the European we hope to solve at one time their mistake ... although I do not see to fix it, we just have to understand that we're hiding them from everywhere can not confuse two phones in one device

Hi to all. At the latests costum dev roms after xiaomi eu. 9.1.24 rom at Xiaomi mi8 Pro global version i can't unlock the device with fingerprint when the ambient display is off, when i put my finger in the sensor the phone only vibrates but it doesn't unlock... I've seen near to the tread of the mi8 Pro a lot of people have also the the same problem !! I have tried almost all the official china fastboot roms and all it has is the white watch without dark mode also ... And the same in official global fastboot roms ... I Believe the problem is the coloured clocks that you from xioami eu take from mi9 and make the port to mi8 Pro rom with the codex from mi8 (dipper) ... Can you fix that problem because the responsibbility is only yours ??

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi8-pro-fingerprint-wake-from-sleep.49122/#post-471364

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi8-pro-unlock-with-fingerprint-when-display-is-off.49469/

View attachment 23672
We don't port anything from MI9 to MI8/Pro. These clock styles already exist within MI8/Pro's code.
We don't have the device so we really can't debug this ourselves.

We don't port anything from MI9 to MI8/Pro. These clock styles already exist within MI8/Pro's code.
We don't have the device so we really can't debug this ourselves.
so if you do not have the device then why are you crossing with the global version?

I'd like to share that the unlock with the screen off works if the face unlock is off.
If you set it to on, the phone vibrates but it doesn't unlock.

EDIT: after posting i set face unlock back to on and now i can unlock the device with the screen off. The mi official room doesn't have face unlock, so when i change it the problem is solve :)

I can not confirm that. I never ever added face to unlock and therefore it is off I think. But it don't works

Edit: when I add face it doesn't work either. With face unlock on or off.

the problem is not with the face unlock but with the colored clocks that may be a port if the is closed on a black screen then the fingerprint does not work properly this is the problem with the colored clocks until 1.24 was working correctly

It is very strange thing when we put some official rom in mi8 Pro everything work well and when we put some eu. dev rom then the problem start.. After 9.1.24 that @Octaviastikos already told as.. Why?? can we have some serious answer for that?!

Anyone else got fingerprint working properly on Mi 8 Pro with 9.3.14?
Yes I ve seen that at new costum dev 9.3.14 for first time after a lot of time the fingerprint work properly!! Do you know what think changed an you find finally the solution??

Yes φίλε ωραίος!! the phone unlock with fingerprint with or without ambient display - colored clock.!! The automatic dark mode is it work to you for Mi8 Pro?? And if yes from what time begins the change from white to dark??

Yes φίλε ωραίος!! the phone unlock with fingerprint with or without ambient display - colored clock.!! The automatic dark mode is it work to you for Mi8 Pro?? And if yes from what time begins the change from white to dark??
I don't use dark mode as it is reported that it's still buggy. I will wait to iron out the bugs and then use it

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Yes of course the dark mode it is beautiful but it still hase a lot of bugs.. The automatic don't work for Mi8 Pro. Ok we will wait until we see it at Settings not at Programmer options!!

9.3.21 not working again. Went back to 9.3.14 which is only working since January
The only change I can think of is that I re-enabled edge notifications for AOD.
On 9.3.14, edge notifications for AOD were disabled and users reported that wake from sleep with fingerprint worked for them.
So make your choice - seems like you can't have both.

Same problem for me. At 9.3.21 not working again. Went back to 9.3.14 which is only working since January!! Do we have some option the edge notifications turn on and off to see if it work? And at the roms before 9.3.14 the edge notifications never work very good eather .. Please make the new 9.3.21 without edge notifications to see if it work and give it to public or if you like give only to me and @p1nkynator a beta test rom only to us to check it and we will tell you the results!! We like this new charger screen.

IMG_20190325_002606.jpg

Same problem for me. At 9.3.21 not working again. Went back to 9.3.14 which is only working since January!! Do we have some option the edge notifications turn on and off to see if it work? And at the roms before 9.3.14 the edge notifications never work very good eather .. Please make the new 9.3.21 without edge notifications to see if it work and give it to public or if you like give only to me and @p1nkynator a beta test rom only to us to check it and we will tell you the results!! We like this new charger screen.

View attachment 23963
Next version you'll be able to switch edge notifications off.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/9-3-21.49728/post-478449

Reactions: p1nkynator

View attachment 23963
how did you get that charging screen?