MI8 se 10.3 xiaomi.eu 9.1.17 (weakly) no twrp update help.

Grijeh

Members
Sep 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

i didnt update my phone in awhile, and today i was planing to do so.
But unfortunately OTA update is not working and apparently i dont have installed TWRP anymore.

so my question is, can i just instal TWRP in fastboot and manually update phone to newest version without losing any of my data
and if so, how to do it??

thank you :)

Hi everyone,

i didnt update my phone in awhile, and today i was planing to do so.
But unfortunately OTA update is not working and apparently i dont have installed TWRP anymore.

so my question is, can i just instal TWRP in fastboot and manually update phone to newest version without losing any of my data
and if so, how to do it??

thank you :)
What is "awhile"?
From january 2019 TWRP in use is 1102 or 1227 version. test to find which one boot your device and then flash latest EU rom with it.
At reboot the latest TWRP release will show up. great!

What is "awhile"?
From january 2019 TWRP in use is 1102 or 1227 version. test to find which one boot your device and then flash latest EU rom with it.

like little more than a year.

when i press volume up and power button, phone goes to boot loop, but it actualy never boots, so i think i dont have any twrp right now.

how do i put new twrp and update system without losing any data.

Thanks

like little more than a year.

when i press volume up and power button, phone goes to boot loop, but it actualy never boots, so i think i dont have any twrp right now.

how do i put new twrp and update system without losing any data.

Thanks
Frankly, I know this phone and I can't warranty you'll be able to update it without losing "any data" starting from unknown situation and a "twrp bootloop" at first stage.
Within MI8SE thread section they are plenty of story on the subject.
Come back with details, please

What is "awhile"?
but I had never heard that installing the rom automatically updated the recovery. Did I really understand correctly?

but I had never heard that installing the rom automatically updated the recovery. Did I really understand correctly?
Yes, that was the case at this time.
To be sure you must check if the zip rom has a folder named "recovery" .
This is the new twrp that will be flashed along with the rom.

Yes, that was the case at this time.
To be sure you must check if the zip rom has a folder named "recovery" .
This is the new twrp that will be flashed along with the rom.
Thanks for the reply. I tried to look in the zip files of the ROMs v11 and also V10 (MIUI version) but there is no recovery folder. I ask this because I cannot in any way install a twrp update that supports miui11 android 10 and I would like to switch to MIUI 11. I am with TWRP 3.2.3 1227 which is the only one that I can install. how can I do?

Thanks for the reply. I tried to look in the zip files of the ROMs v11 and also V10 (MIUI version) but there is no recovery folder. I ask this because I cannot in any way install a twrp update that supports miui11 android 10 and I would like to switch to MIUI 11. I am with TWRP 3.2.3 1227 which is the only one that I can install. how can I do?
They have removed it because of "claims".
Now, You install MIUI 11rom with twrp 1227 and before reboot to system you install img from the new one:
if you reboot in the new rom/system you must flash it in fastboot and boot with power/vol+. you need it for next update.
not difficult!
keep me informed if issue.

Last edited:
Thanks for your patience, last questions then I try to update: say you install TWRP 3.3.1 (from the link you sent) before rebooting the system. But then from twrp immediately after flash the miui rom? And Should I make a data format?

All right!!!! Following your instructions to the letter, With all wipes but without format data . Thank you very much, you have been very helpful :)

Reactions: LOLO9393