Mi8 SE android 8.1.0 and 8.7.5 eu ROM

ADB? you need to switch on USB debug on DEV settings and acknowledge the phone to the computer.
Best ROM? Always stay up to date with EU DEV weekly and forget all Stable.
No need to flash every weekly release. Only when big update in the log or some new feature (sometime also bug correction!)
Voilà.
Adb does not show any device when "adb devices" and yes, usb debugging on, devoce aknowledged to the PC, though fastboot finds the device, ADB is unable, I am going to try under linux. Is ADB necesary to succeed flashing?

About ADB:
No need to have ADB to well flash rom and improve your phone. Everything can be done with Fastboot and TWRP.
ADB is required if you need to push file or full system from a computer.
BUT ADB is an open back door to your phone and must be desabled as much.

I understand that I can upload the rom img to my phone before rebooting in recover mode instead of pushing it with adb, is taht right?

ADB? you need to switch on USB debug on DEV settings and acknowledge the phone to the computer.
ok, I´ll try dev one.

ADB, no way to make it work, even under ubuntu, though, is necesary ADB?, Is possible to upload the ROM to the system to any folder? and then reboot to recovery?

said that

1-recovery
2- twrp
4-wipes ( do wipes WHAT WIPES ARE MANDATORY?, any way not to loose music, pictures, etc;)
3- install (install rom)
4- reboot to recovery
5- install TWRP 1217

is that correct?

thank you again

ok, I´ll try dev one.

ADB, no way to make it work, even under ubuntu, though, is necesary ADB?, Is possible to upload the ROM to the system to any folder? and then reboot to recovery?

said that

1-recovery
2- twrp
4-wipes ( do wipes WHAT WIPES ARE MANDATORY?, any way not to loose music, pictures, etc;)
3- install (install rom)
4- reboot to recovery
5- install TWRP 1217

is that correct?

thank you again
Please, forget ADB!
- 1 and 2 are the same, TWRP.
- You load the rom from the computer to the phone internal memory.
- You can try, if you don't want to loose your data, with a simple wipe in twrp, if sure you have a previous EU rom installed that should work. But if you go in bootloop or else you MUST format data in wipe section. And loose your music and etc.
(If you do format data/yes you should replace again the rom zip in the phone storage because it is deleted with format.)
- 5 is install 1227 twrp not 1217
-6 reboot to system and wait until install finished. may be 10 mn but not more.

What is a simple wipe?
And how do I have to do to upload the rom if I format data? Will the device be able to boot to syatem after data format?

About TWRP, I have read some posts reporting problems with 1227 that were solved trying 1217, are you sure that 1227 will do the job?

Last edited:
What is a simple wipe?
And how do I have to do to upload the rom if I format data? Will the device be able to boot to syatem after data format?

About TWRP, I have read some posts reporting problems with 1227 that were solved trying 1217, are you sure that 1227 will do the job?
Forget about uploading the rom, cause I judt realised that connecting to PC while in recovery mode gives writing access to device storage.

Even though, what about 1227 1217 twrp versions, it is not cleare nough for me.

Forget about uploading the rom, cause I judt realised that connecting to PC while in recovery mode gives writing access to device storage.

Even though, what about 1227 1217 twrp versions, it is not cleare nough for me.
What rom version are you going to install? and what is the twrp version you boot on now?

Hi, I am going to try 9.3.21 and right now I have a 3.2.3 1102 TWRP version
Well.
You install this rom with 1102 twrp AND BEFORE you reboot system, you install 1227 twrp.
How to install it?
you have the file in your phone memory and after rom install you reboot in recovery and select install IMAGE in recovery place.
Easy to do.
OR reboot fastboot with buttons PW/vol- and flash 1227 twrp.

THEN reboot system to open the rom.

Reactions: Gralfitox
Well.
You install this rom with 1102 twrp AND BEFORE you reboot system, you install 1227 twrp.
How to install it?
you have the file in your phone memory and after rom install you reboot in recovery and select install IMAGE in recovery place.
Easy to do.
OR reboot fastboot with buttons PW/vol- and flash 1227 twrp.

THEN reboot system to open the rom.
The walkthrough is quite clear, so 1227 then

hi, just ready to flash new ROMN but one question came to me. I have TWRP as image (.img) file, to install the 1227 version just before reboot in new ROM, it MUST be a zip file, isnt it? it is enough to simple zip it to a file or need any other operation?

hi, just ready to flash new ROMN but one question came to me. I have TWRP as image (.img) file, to install the 1227 version just before reboot in new ROM, it MUST be a zip file, isnt it? it is enough to simple zip it to a file or need any other operation?
Sorry, didnt realize that theres an image install option.

Thank you

oh no, didnt work. stuck in black screen with mi logo and three dots

finally booted up

seems to work well

I´ll update in few hours

thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393
Well, have to say that so far everything works fine.

I simply followed the steps in this thread, I extracted some info from the forum using search function, and the great help of @LOLO9393

Have to say that in the last step I rebooted, wich was not expected, to recovery to update twrp version, this caused that mobile stuck in mi black screen; I decided then to start a miflash fastboot oficial china rom flash, but suddenly system rebooted and here I am with fully funcional eu ROM. When all was setup I flashed the 1227 twrp and now I have a recivery again.

So thank you all, and anything that would come up, will be reported via this thread.

Reactions: LOLO9393
Hi, well, finally found one thing, I use to put a google calendar and a google search bar widgets in different home screens, everytime mobile switchs off, wich it does everyday automatically at 23:30, they dissapear, well, every morning whae I power on, tey have dissapeared.

Hi, well, finally found one thing, I use to put a google calendar and a google search bar widgets in different home screens, everytime mobile switchs off, wich it does everyday automatically at 23:30, they dissapear, well, every morning whae I power on, tey have dissapeared.
If you think it's rom related you must report it in the BUG section. Staff will take care to answer.
Was it working in your previous rom?