Invalid Mi8 sim card issues

zepteppy

Members
Mar 17, 2019
Hi. My global mi8 was faultless since new until a couple of weeks ago. I had just 1 sim installed and it stopped working, no signal and an emergency calls only notification displayed.
My son restored the phone and this got the sim recognised again but after a few days it was not working. we tested the sim in another phone, it was working. I ordered a new sim, once installed this worked for a few days then same fault occurred.
I bought another sim from a different provider, so a 3 sim and EE sim were fitted. Both sims are intermittent, can go down for hours on end and then begin working again at the same time. The loss of connection has landed me in some tough spots as I use the phone for Maps. The GPS also goes once the sims go. So I have been lost several times and had to lose work as a result.
The only thing I have noticed is that while the sims are not working, if i go to sim settings the sim details are there. but if I go into phone status and look at sims there they are not being recognised.
If anyone can help me sort this out I would be very Grateful.

Had the same issue on my Mi Mix 3 after I tried to flash magisk and Viper 4 android.
I sometimes didn't even get the window to unlock my sim card after rebooting. Only solution for me was a clean flash.

Had the same issue on my Mi Mix 3 after I tried to flash magisk and Viper 4 android.
I sometimes didn't even get the window to unlock my sim card after rebooting. Only solution for me was a clean flash.

Hi,
I have the same problem. SIM card randomly being in the state of not detected. Does happen only when I didn't use the phone for a while (screen off). When I use the phone, like write or playing games for hours, it never happens.
No idea how to solve it.
Tried disabling all energy saving options and dnd mode and switching SIM from slot 1 to 2 But nothing helped yet

Hi ! I have a similar mistake with network sometime don't work or only 3g or I see 4g but no network !?

hi all, any solution on that?
my Mi8 running xiaomi.eu stable 11.0.8 suddenly having this problem.

tried to resit the sim, clean it, same intermittent fault.
it good for a while, but eventually it start to both SIM and back again.
at that point of time, wifi also dropped.

wondering izzit hardware or software issue.

@thongkh hi,
no I still have no solution. The problem come and goes occasionally. And the moment it's fine for me. Haven't had this issue for a while now.
WiFi drop do I have now and then