Mi9 Chinese version & xiaomi.eu ROM. Works?

rmgt_

Members
Mar 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

Two questions:

1. Does the MIUI 10 ROM or Mi9 (from xiaomi.eu, obviously) work for both the Global and the Chinese version of the Mi9?

2. Does the ROM work for all version of the Mi9? I mean, the Chinese version can be bought in four versions: 6/128, 8/128, 8/256 and 12/256 (RAM/ROM)

Thanks in advance!
R.

I'm also curious going to Beijing and considering buying 12gb edition?

I’m going to Shanghai soon. And that 12GB version has my name on it...

Really hope the community here can help me out with above questions.

I have flashed my Chinese Mi9 with the Xiaomi.eu rom without any big problems (but I failed to flash any official rom!). There should not have any distinction between phones versions as for the official global there is no distinction on the official website regarding the storage and Ram capacity.

Im from Portugal and i have xiaomi mi 9 8/128 cn running xiaomi.eu 9.3.28 rom :)

the negative side i had noticed was more battery drain then cn rom.. but with cn rom all apps in background got killed.

Hello everybody.
I need a clarification about formatting the system partition.
When i will be able to unlock bootloader, i would like to flash my MI 9 chinese official firmware, with a xiaomi.eu one.
On the net i found some tutorials, where they mentions to wipe also "system", by recovery TWRP.
Does anyone know if it's appropriate and safe ?
Thanks a lot who can answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

Two questions:

1. Does the MIUI 10 ROM or Mi9 (from xiaomi.eu, obviously) work for both the Global and the Chinese version of the Mi9?

2. Does the ROM work for all version of the Mi9? I mean, the Chinese version can be bought in four versions: 6/128, 8/128, 8/256 and 12/256 (RAM/ROM)

Thanks in advance!
R.

1. Yes but the bootloader needs to be unlocked first!

2. Yes, same SoC

Hello everybody,
I installed latest xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_V10.2.16.0.PFACNXM_v10-9.zip stable.
Everything looks to work except for "ok google" where voice match slider cant be activated and stays gray.
I found a lot of posts with same trouble for mi8, but none of their suggestions works.
Do you have same issue ?

Hi everyone,

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!
R.
The chinesse version is the best version for xiaomi.eu. And viceversa.

Hi everyone,

Two questions:

1. Does https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/ the MIUI 10 ROM or Mi9 (from xiaomi.eu, obviously) work for both the Global and the Chinese version of the Mi9?

Thanks in advance!
R.
There should not have any distinction between phones versions as for the official global there is no distinction on the official web

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys.
I sharehow i didi .

• Unlock your first bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
  • Download TWRP Recovery Zip from DOWNLOAD or TWRP.ME. download the latest version, for mi9 by today the name is TWRP_3.3.0_cepheus.zip. (each mobile type model have a special version for xiaomi mi9 the version is Cepheus).
  • Download Fastboot USB Driver (versión distribute by Google)
    https://miui.blog/any-devices/xiaomi-adb-fastboot-usb-drivers-tool/
    Paquete de herramientas de la plataforma Android para Windows: controlador USB de Google, ADB, Fastboot y controladores:
    file name:
    miui-platform-tools_r28.0.1-win.zip
  • Install TWRP via Fastboot mode
    • open a command line in windows laptop. Change directory to the directory where el file fastboot.exe is located

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd "C:\Users\........ \FastBoot\platform-tools"

• copy the file TWRP Recovery .img file in same location that is the file fastboot.exe
    • once you are in the folder run this comand
      C:\Users\....... \FastBoot\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery twrp_330.img
      < waiting for any device >
      Sending 'recovery' (33340 KB) OKAY [ 0.989s]
      Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.173s]
      Finished. Total time: 1.183s
  • Restart in recovery mode:
    • Disconect the cable USB from your laptop and mobile.
    • Restart manually the mobile pushing “up volumen button and on button” buttons at same time, this restart the mobile in recovery mode. I mean start the TWRP that was installed before.
  • FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
    push button Wipe
    • Then push button Format Data
    • write yes.
    • Push button format.
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
    • Download zip from laptop to internal mobile storage. Open an explorer in laptop and go to unit named Mi9. Should be empty because Fromat data.
    • Copy and paste the ROM (by today the latest is xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_V10.2.16.0.PFACNXM_v10-9.zip)

• Install our ROM via TWRP:
    • Install - Select zip
  • Reboot
  • Done

How works chinese rom (xiaomi k20 pro exclusive edition) in europe(have installed Google play and supports OTA update)

Hello everybody.
I need a clarification about formatting the system partition.
When i will be able to unlock bootloader, i would like to flash my MI 9 chinese official firmware, with a xiaomi.eu one.
On the net i found some tutorials, where they mentions to wipe also "system", by recovery TWRP.
Does anyone know if it's appropriate and safe ?
Thanks a lot who can answer.
If you wipe Data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache before install xiaomi.eu, you must use a memory stick and OTG cable for install another rom because the phone is not avaialble on pc.

Well, I updated to Miui 12 xiaomi.eu, but it is still very buggy so don't rush into updating yet.

Mi9 8/128 gb CH version is running on Global Stable 11.0.6.0 (QFAMIXM) bootloader UNLocked, gets Notification for V12.0.1.0.QFAMIXM will the OTA update be completed without any problems, bootloader locks or it is not recommended to update?