New Mi9 se bugs and need support app on AOD

May 1, 2019
There maybe some bugs on mi9se roms. i use the latest developer. when i clean background app it takes flew seconds after cleaning and overall performance is not smooth. i never feel that i am using a 6GB ram phone. it feels me a 4GB ram phone.

please try to make support 3rd party apps notification for ambient display. it will be very helpful.

There maybe some bugs on mi9se roms. i use the latest developer. when i clean background app it takes flew seconds after cleaning and overall performance is not smooth. i never feel that i am using a 6GB ram phone. it feels me a 4GB ram phone.

please try to make support 3rd party apps notification for ambient display. it will be very helpful.
Nothing I can say on the performance. It's a developer ROM, it's not guaranteed to work smoothly.

As for AOD icons, not possible. Each AOD icon needs to be designed individually to be displayed correctly in grayscale.

Nothing I can say on the performance. It's a developer ROM, it's not guaranteed to work smoothly.

Hi @Igor Eisberg I followed your suggestion and immediately flashed the stable (clean flash) but unfortunately the problem is also present in 10.3 stable.

I did a lot of tests and came to the conclusion that the problem occurs when fullscreen gestures are activated.
The problem is limited to launcher: with many applications in the background (launcher) animations became laggy and sometime, returning to the home, it even freezes for a few seconds.

In the worst moments the launcher becomes unusable :(

I usually accept take your release "as it is" but maybe with my directions may be able to solve this important bug for a very popular model

Thank you very much for your work

Reactions: sHAKaJaada
I realized Mi8 SE has exactly the same bug! May be related to screen size?

Anyway I also tryed to:
- Remove any widget
- Reverting back to default cell grid size (4x6)
- Enable/disable Dark Mode

Xiaomi Mi9 SE on 9.5.9 have a dimming screen bug. The screen suddenly darkens without changing the outside light

Since the 9.5 update everything´s seems to be ok. Tested the original stable global rom before, no issues there.

Last weekly it's a bit better but still some lags and freeze with fullscreen gesture.
Do you agree?

If you have multiple APPs open then I am not surprised there is lag... Same as a PC with too many open resources, you will see a performance hit. Remember its a phone not a quantum computer :cool:

Try this:
GO to TWRP,WIPE,Advanced Wipe,"DALVIK CACHE" and "CACHE",SWIPE TO WIPE,Reboot system.
After that, say me if you're MI9 SE works fine without problem.

If you have multiple APPs open then I am not surprised there is lag... Same as a PC with too many open resources, you will see a performance hit. Remember its a phone not a quantum computer :cool:
This could not be an overall performance problem because Redmi 6 (my wife) and Redmi 7 (my brother) are smoother even with all ram used!
I mean, mostly of launcher animations lags and freezes happen only with some apps in background but this is not normal for a mid-range xiaomi.

Moreover, if this were really a performance problem, it would happen also with the full screen gestures disabled.
Finally, if it were a CPU problem, this would also happen on the Global ROM.

Do you agree?

I don't know if this is a problem related to "china base" so I don't know if xiaomi.eu team could fix, but this is not an overall performance problem, it's a bug.

Thank you (and @Igor Eisberg) for your time and great job

I also encounter the same problem with the latest version of xiaomi.eu.
In my opinion it is not such a normal thing, in fact I find this problem extremely serious because, neither on my mother's redmi 7 (2 GB of ram), nor on mi pad 4 does it occur, despite having less hardware.
It's ridiculous that there are these lags!
I bought a Snap, not a Mediatek!

This could not be an overall performance problem because Redmi 6 (my wife) and Redmi 7 (my brother) are smoother even with all ram used!
I mean, mostly of launcher animations lags and freezes happen only with some apps in background but this is not normal for a mid-range xiaomi.

Moreover, if this were really a performance problem, it would happen also with the full screen gestures disabled.
Finally, if it were a CPU problem, this would also happen on the Global ROM.

Do you agree?

I don't know if this is a problem related to "china base" so I don't know if xiaomi.eu team could fix, but this is not an overall performance problem, it's a bug.

Thank you (and @Igor Eisberg) for your time and great job
I also encounter the same problem with the latest version of xiaomi.eu.
In my opinion it is not such a normal thing, in fact I find this problem extremely serious because, neither on my mother's redmi 7 (2 GB of ram), nor on mi pad 4 does it occur, despite having less hardware.
It's ridiculous that there are these lags!
I bought a Snap, not a Mediatek!

Then produce logcats while reproducing the lag, people, else there's nothing I can do.

Definitely sth wrong with the brightness sensor since 9.5.9. Iwth 9.4.25 it was ok.. but since then it acts crazy.. seitches to zero and then back up to full brightness and back. This is not usable this way.

What changed? Can you fix it?

Reactions: Crescenzo
Lag e freeze bug FIXED
Finally with latest weekly (9.5.23) the launcher animations in fullscreen mode are smooth as never before!
I saw the grid 5x7 has been removed so probably you have worked to the launcher optimization.

Thank you

GPS only works with option GPS ONLY ... tipping on HIGH ACCURACY immediately switches back to GPS ONLY.

was the same in 9.4.26..w as fixed in 9.5.9/9.5.16 and is now broken again

GPS only works with option GPS ONLY ... tipping on HIGH ACCURACY immediately switches back to GPS ONLY.

was the same in 9.4.26..w as fixed in 9.5.9/9.5.16 and is now broken again
Just tested. I don't have this bug. Anyway, it's better to open a new thread, this is related to an other bug FIXED