Resolved Microphone isnt working in voice apps e.g. skype with headphones

aldarund

Members
Oct 16, 2018
Mic isnt working in voice talking apps e.g. discord, hangouts, skype when using with headphones.
But its working on phone calls, on voice recording in the same apps e.g. in skype. So basically if i try to talk in skype - nothing comes in, if at the same time i try to record in skype - recording do fine. But on call itself. Dont work in other apps like discord, hangouts too. Without headphones - all fine everywhere. But even with headphones - it work for voice recording and for normal phone calls.
Xiaomi mi 8. 9.11.7 . And at least three previous build.
Wasnt happening on android 9 firmwares.

Known bug? Any workarounds?

Reactions: WZVenn
I cant believe im alone with this issue....

Same, I am on 9.11.7 for Xiaomi Mi 9T, the microphone as part of headphone does not work. When I plug-in the headphone with mic, the other person cannot hear me. This is for phone calls, I'm sure it affects skype, hangouts, wechat, etc...

Last edited:
i've problems in my Mi 9T with miui 11.1 v 9.11.7beta, the call recorder doesn't works fine, it generate a mp3 file of call, but whe you try to reproduce it, it doesn't sounds.

When I plug-in the headphone with mic, the other person cannot hear me. This is for phone calls, I'm sure it affects skype, hangouts, wechat, etc...
Not same for me. For me its totally fine for phone calls... But for skype or any other thing it dont work on calls, but work just for voice recording.LOL

Not sure if this will helps, turn off "access with voice match" on Google app, i faced that bug but on a different device and this workaround helped!

I cant really clean fresh install, its too much of a work to restore after it everything to current setup..
Tried on latest build 12.12 and its still same issue :(

Issue seems to be gone for me on my MiMix 3 on the latest weekly (9.12.12)?
I'm not sure what did it if anything, just installed the rom as usual.

Checked again, ye, seems to be working now at least in skype for me. Previously today i poorly connected my headphones.

@ingbrzy , reinstalled Telegram already two times, also did a full wipe and configured/reinstalled from scratch everything, no luck, will retry yet.
Very strange that incomming calls are fine. Also for an outgoing call if you mute/unmute mic, or minimize/reopen the app, mic starts to work...

Recording from the recording app and recording voice messages on WhatsApp and Telegram not working for me but the microphone works fine with voice calls in these apps. I|m using a Xiaomi note 5 on MIUI 11.0.2.0

You could try manually allowing the microphone permission for those certain apps. This is likely to work in most cases from my experience. If you are on android 10, the reason why this might occur is due to the new permission system which was implemented on this version of android as part of the privacy overhaul. It sounds like apps which are given those permissions by default which would be the caller app are granted those microphone permissions automatically hence why there is no issues. This is my theory anyways, it might be helpful.