New MIUI 10 Bugs - 8.8.9

Tatiman

Members
Aug 13, 2018
There are the principal bugs that I found on this ROM:

• Imposible to delete the screenshots, you delete them and then you close gallery, clean memory, open again and they reapear.
  • Every actualization deletes the Notes you had if you don't have activated "Automatic sincronization". You need to activate it to automatically recover them from Mi Cloud.
  • Themes option have two themes, Default and Classic. They look the same.
  • The OTA Actualizer App have no management options now, you can't remove new OTA notifications if you don't block them from sistem...
  • In the Lock screen options you can't remove the Camera and that is a security problem (Is it posible to produce a kind of DoS stoling all the storage with a lot of pictures?). The same with the options of Notes, Contacts... That mean a stranger can open on memory a lot of apps, without needing the password and you can't remove them from Lock Screen.
*All Bugs founded on Mi5s.

Reactions: ariekumbang
Another very annoying bug. The sound of the notifications is linked to the multimedia volume.

Reactions: faarys
Bluetooth de-activates itself, and cannot be re-activated without rebooting the phone. Same is true after exiting flight mode.
This bug is well documented, but not fixed after at least 4 updates of the MIUI10 ROM.

Notes does not let you save any copies, apparently, no backup possibilities outside of Mi Cloud.

Syncing works fine for me, have never lost anything.

But I suppose if you use Notes, "All your note are belong to Mi." :cool:

Reactions: qbert
Anyone has problem that you can not change initial brigness in automatic brightness mode? And in bright sun vrightness goes to zero... Impossible to read screen.

Mi8SE

Redmi 3S
German
WhatsApp sending and getting Videos, Photos, Files extremely slow internet speed, I had this also in a previous miui 9 version, don't know if it's a WhatsApp or a Rom problem.

Manual Installation of WheatherPro Premium App and Squeeze Ctrl App (for using Logitech Squeezebox Device) is not possible

Last edited:
~As in previous releases of miui.eu rom with MIUI 10, DND does not silence phone calls ring. The volume of phone calls ring remains the same as before activating DND. This was not the behaviour of DND in miui 9, where DND deactivated all sounds as, in my opinion, it should do.~

I have realized that this was not a bug. I had the vip list set to "everybody". Anyway now that it is set to "nobody", when a phone call arrives the calls ring is deactivated but the ui for phone calls is not : it appears a notification in the notification bar in the same way as when the home button is pressed during a call

Last edited:
  • Themes option have two themes, Default and Classic. They look the same.
  • In the Lock screen options you can't remove the Camera and that is a security problem (Is it posible to produce a kind of DoS stoling all the storage with a lot of pictures?). The same with the options of Notes, Contacts... That mean a stranger can open on memory a lot of apps, without needing the password and you can't remove them from Lock Screen..
  • The icons for system apps are different.
  • That's not true. When your lockscreen is secure (as in: has a security method set) you can't open any of the apps in the side panel without the password, and the gallery is not accessible in the camera app (and the photos are hidden) - you can only take new photos without unlocking. Currently, the QS panel is accessible from the camera app, but we fixed it already for the next release.
Redmi 6 pro - Camera app crash on portrait mode
Post a logcat.

Another very annoying bug. The sound of the notifications is linked to the multimedia volume.
No, they are not. What are you talking about?

On Mix 2 , 8.8.9

Mising one "L" and the arrow is over the text on the quick reply notification

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_135704.jpg
    IMG_20180815_135704.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 468

I also experienced this when using earphone, multimedia sound & notifications sound are connected to each other. (mybe it supposed to be like this?)

Reactions: Kether
MI 6X have serious bug at portable hotspot. When I touch to open it my mobile restart themselves instantly.

Mi8 se Bug with front camera. Cant make photo and application turn to always pending mode.
Video attached.
Front camera bug
MI 6X have serious bug at portable hotspot. When I touch to open it my mobile restart themselves instantly.
Just describing the issues is usually not useful, start log a logcat before the issue, reproduce the issue, then stop logging and upload it here.

The update (via updater app) uninstalled Nova Launcher and it can not be reinstalled. Google Play Store error 505.

Redmi Pro - MIUI 10 V8.8.9

at least in mi5s, the volume of notifications is the same as that of multimedia. In miui9 it was the same as the ringtone. It can be checked by playing a video, and by turning down the media volume during playback. No notification sound (for example whatsapp, calendar, gmail....) will be heard even if the volume of the ringtone is at its maximum.

• That's not true. When your lockscreen is secure (as in: has a security method set) you can't open any of the apps in the side panel without the password, and the gallery is not accessible in the camera app (and the photos are hidden) - you can only take new photos without unlocking. Currently, the QS panel is accessible from the camera app, but we fixed it already for the next release.

Post a logcat.

Post a logcat.

• I already saw that they are not diferent, so there is a little bug, maybe just in the miniatures. (Both have the classic MIUI icons, at least in the Mi5s...)

• The second afirmation is true, the apps won't open if you don't introduce the pass but about the camera, how much pictures and videos can you take before the device requires your identification? Unlimitless? I think is it a good idea giving the option to remove the camera from lock screen, as you did in other ROM versions of MIUI 9.

Can I know why by default it's changing ringtone volume rather than multimedia volume? I found that being changed to multimedia volume by default one of the most useful additions of MIUI 10. Please bring it back and perhaps create an option in settings to adjust the default.
Also, why new MIUI 9-style icons were forced in the system? I had previous MIUI 8-style icons before latest update and I preferred them much over new ones...
And lastly, are there no addon.d scripts support on this ROM? They're pretty useful.