Resolved MIUI 10 Voice input settings missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makankozappo

Members
Nov 21, 2017
I can't call Google Assistant with the voice because it tell me to select "Google" in Voice input, but there is no Voice input setting. What should i do?
Version: 8.8.3
Device: HM4Pro

Screenshot_2018_08_07_00_48_42_496_com.png
Screenshot_2018-08-07-00-48-15-223_com.android.settings.png

This is a problem created by the August 3rd update of the Google App. OK Google and Hey Google detection are broken on many devices and the settings to enable voice in the Google App are greyed out. Further, if you uninstall and attempt to re-install Google Assistant when you attempt to open it a message says your device doesn't meet the minimum requirements of Android 6+. Google is aware of the bug and has a thread on the Google Voice community page. They say they are working on a solution. Several hundred people on that thread have reported identical problems in the past three days. Mine stopped working yesterday and my settings are now greyed out as well. I would uninstall the Google App and replace it with an earlier apk but the Google App is a system app on the eu ROM.

This is a problem created by the August 3rd update of the Google App. OK Google and Hey Google detection are broken on many devices and the settings to enable voice in the Google App are greyed out. Further, if you uninstall and attempt to re-install Google Assistant when you attempt to open it a message says your device doesn't meet the minimum requirements of Android 6+. Google is aware of the bug and has a thread on the Google Voice community page. They say they are working on a solution. Several hundred people on that thread have reported identical problems in the past three days. Mine stopped working yesterday and my settings are now greyed out as well. I would uninstall the Google App and replace it with an earlier apk but the Google App is a system app on the eu ROM.

Thanks a lot, the problem has been solved with an update of the Google app.

I have MIUI global 10.0.3 on my MI8, and I encounter exactly the same problem as described here.
I can't directly clear the cache of the google app, because it's not in the system apps or installed apps.
The app itself seems updated here.. I even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, but this gave no effect.
Please help! Without voice detection the assistant is rather worthless =S

Status
Not open for further replies.