MIUI 11 MIUI 11.0 STABLE RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the official recovery for your device (Mi 8)

You should be able to install it through your computer...

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Ignore this link and use the correct chinese Android Q TWRP instead:

TWRP-3.3.1-1002-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.zip for Android 9
TWRP-3.3.1-1031-XIAOMI8-Q Version-CN-wzsx150.zip for Android 10/Q

Reactions: tsongming

it is necessary to change the recovery to update to android 10. I have a mi8 recovery 3.2.3 with android 9

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

Thx for this tip, and how i update this ? can update from the recovery TWRP i have installed?

greets

No NFC icon in the notification bar when nfc is turned on.Mi 9T and pro version have NFC capability. Will it be fixed in the next release? I dont know status of the same in the most recent weekly releases.
Thanks.

how should I install the latest mi8 rom with android 10. I need to update the recovery or the team win voucher to upgrade to android 10

With the latest update on Mi 5X, with the new permission manager the apps lost all their permissions but that's not the problem, the problem is that now I can't change permissions of apps that are part of the system, for example, the Google app, when I try to download an image it doesn't save it to my storage because it doesn't have the permission allowed, I experienced this issue before but the solution was easy, go to settings allow access to storage and worked, now I can't see the permissions to allow it on system apps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-17-09-20-17-663_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-17-09-20-17-663_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 302
Thx for this tip, and how i update this ? can update from the recovery TWRP i have installed?

greets

Yes, either that or opening the zip, extracting the image and flashing via fastboot from PC.

I was coming from latest global fastboot ROM and TWRP-3.3.1-1031 got stuck on it's loading screen after fastboot flashing and fastboot booting the recovery image. I forced a reboot and it reverted to stock recovery.
Then I fastboot flashed & booted TWRP-3.3.1-1002 and that worked. After flashing Xiaomi.eu stable 11.0.4.0 I tried to update TWRP to 1031 again and this time it worked.
I guess the global fastboot ROM was to old or not compatible with the Android 10 twrp...

Last edited:
Reactions: enito
Hi, whats the correct procedure to migrate from beta to stable version?

I'm using TWRP, wipped everything in my phone other than internal storage, installed the stable rom but the phone do not boot. It stays in the unlocked screen and them reboot to recovery.
You only have to wipe, Data, cache and Dalvik cache when changing from beta to stable and vice versa, nowhere else that those partitions, if you have problems you could try making a clean installation of the official ROM through fastboot, if you do this don't forget to select "clean all" on Mi flash, or you will lock the bootloader and you will have to wait and unlock it, then try again from the beginning, install twrp wipe the partitions I mentioned and install ROM

Reactions: Jeferson_Lima
Hi, whats the correct procedure to migrate from beta to stable version?

I'm using TWRP, wipped everything in my phone other than internal storage, installed the stable rom but the phone do not boot. It stays in the unlocked screen and them reboot to recovery.

Sounds like you gotta format /DATA and clean flash.

*nvm, beaten*

Reactions: Jeferson_Lima
You only have to wipe, Data, cache and Dalvik cache when changing from beta to stable and vice versa, nowhere else that those partitions

He might've been running the beta with encryption and now he's running the wrong TWRP version that can't decrypt.

Yes, either that or opening the zip, extracting the image and flashing via fastboot from PC.

I was coming from latest global fastboot ROM and TWRP-3.3.1-1031 got stuck on it's loading screen after fastboot flashing and fastboot booting the recovery image. I forced a reboot and it reverted to stock recovery.
Then I fastboot flashed & booted TWRP-3.3.1-1002 and that worked. After flashing Xiaomi.eu stable 11.0.4.0 I tried to update TWRP to 1031 again and this time it worked.
I guess the global fastboot ROM was to old or not compatible with the Android 10 twrp...
Thx for the info

it is necessary to change the recovery to update to android 10. I have a mi8 recovery 3.2.3 with android 9

Hi,

I tried updating with that same TWRP version, but got a bootloop. Installed the one @Stoffl posted in message #1382 and got it to work. Unfortunately I lost the ability to use Google Pay, now.

Regards

Hello, I have a mi 8 and I have been a year without problems with the weekly.
I gave the phone to my wife and installed the monthly rom doing all the wipes.
The problem is that in settings / password and security when trying to change or add fingerprint or face it gives me an error and does not let me do it. I do not understand why

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(Unknown Source:27)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.internal.widget.VerifyCredentialResponse.getResponseCode()' on a null object reference
at com.android.internal.widget.LockPatternUtils.checkCredential(Unknown Source:13)
at com.android.internal.widget.LockPatternUtils.checkPassword(Unknown Source:4)
at com.android.internal.widget.LockPatternUtils.checkPassword(Unknown Source:9)
at com.android.settings.LockPatternChecker$5.doInBackground(Unknown Source:7)
at com.android.settings.LockPatternChecker$5.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more

The problem is that in settings / password and security when trying to change or add fingerprint or face it gives me an error and does not let me do it. I do not understand why

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.internal.widget.VerifyCredentialResponse.getResponseCode()' on a null object reference
at com.android.internal.widget.LockPatternUtils.checkCredential(Unknown Source:13)
... 3 more
What exactly do you mean all the wipes?. What did you wipe,,you should only format data

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

What exactly do you mean all the wipes?. What did you wipe,,you should only format data

Thank you very much for answering.
I did all the wipe data and system.
But I already did it several times and it is supposed to be clean.
But the password zone still fails

Thank you very much for answering.
I did all the wipe data and system.
But I already did it several times and it is supposed to be clean.
But the password zone still fails
Your not meant to wipe system, that's what's wrong,in twrp do a factory reset and then advanced, format data/yes, flash rom then wipe cache and dalvik, reboot and wait

... 3 more
Try this:
1. Go to TWRP -> Advanced -> File Manager
2. Browse to /data/system and delete "locksettings.db"
3. Reboot and set your lock screen password again.
4. Try adding fingerprint and/or face data.

Reactions: TechExhibeo
Your not meant to wipe system, that's what's wrong,in twrp do a factory reset and then advanced, format data/yes, flash rom then wipe cache and dalvik, reboot and wait

Thank you very much for your time, but in the end the solution I got further down worked.
thank you again

Try this:
1. Go to TWRP -> Advanced -> File Manager
2. Browse to /data/system and delete "locksettings.db"
3. Reboot and set your lock screen password again.
4. Try adding fingerprint and/or face data.

Perfect is the solution, it was deleted and I no longer fail.
Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.