MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

If you're already running a .EU rom, then your bootloader is already unlocked (you will see an unlocked lock icon at the top of the image shown when the device is first powered on). Right now the stable version for STAR (Mi 11 Ultra) is only a recovery rom, so if you don't have TWRP currently installed you will need to flash that first, or temporarily boot it using fastboot tools. Download the rom to your phone. Then download this to your PC:

Try the one for A12 first since you are on an Android 12 based rom currently. Rename it to "recovery.img" and put it in the same folder as the fastboot.exe and follow the steps below:

Reboot to fastboot on your phone by powering it off and then back on while holding the power and volume down buttons together. Plug the phone in via USB and then at the command prompt in the fastboot folder type:

fastboot boot recovery.img

on your phone you will have to decrypt your storage using your PIN number.

Then goto Install, and select the rom you previously downloaded to your phone.

Your phone should then update. Next time you update you will already have TWRP installed via this rom upgrade and you can skip the fastboot steps and just install the new rom.

If your phone already has TWRP installed, and NOT THE BUILT IN XIAOMI RECOVERY, then you can just download the rom to your phone, reboot to recovery (power+vol up), goto install, and select the new rom you've downloaded.

You should be able to just upgrade without data loss, but if you incur any problems, a wipe of the data partition is recommended.
So you should still backup important things first, just in case.

Things to note: If your data partition doesn't decrypt properly, try the A13 version of the recovery instead. If it still won't decrypt using that version, then you should wait until a HYBRID rom becomes available for your device, then you can upgrade in a couple clicks using fastboot and a PC. You can see in the original posts that as new releases come out they are switching to hybrid, which means they can be flashed via a PC, or through TWRP recovery.

Hi @mik101, thanks for your detailed answer.

A few doubts yet (pardon my ignorance):

- when you say: "... you will need to flash that first, or temporarily boot it using fastboot tools. Download the rom to your phone" -- this "Download the rom to your phone" refers to the TWRP image, right?
- I found this TWRP download website: and this file: twrp-installer-3.7.0_11-0-star.zip -- couldn't be sure if there is specific file for different Android versions; if not, then this is the img I have to put in the phone; any specific location in phone filesystem?

Thanks again for your help.
Best regards

This is not the correct version of TWRP. Use SKKK's TWRP for android which you have on your device.

Reactions: momenezes
This is not the correct version of TWRP. Use SKKK's TWRP for android which you have on your device.

Tks @gogocar62 . Found it:

The rom refers to the MIUI 14 update as found in the first post of this thread, not the recovery image (TWRP).
As gogocar62 stated, start with this recovery you linked to in my quoted post.
That "11" in the original one you linked too, refers to Android 11, and is out of date.
Tks. I think I misundertood your first answer; sorry, my fault.
So, the rom that should be on the device is the MIUI 14 update and the recovery image (TWRP) should be together with fastboot on computer - got it!
Finalizing the backup now; soon will start the upgrade process.
Best regards

Reactions: mik101
Guys why is the gallery is so slow in poco x4 gt when rendering screenshot I can't even update the app...

Tks. I think I misundertood your first answer; sorry, my fault.
So, the rom that should be on the device is the MIUI 14 update and the recovery image (TWRP) should be together with fastboot on computer - got it!
Finalizing the backup now; soon will start the upgrade process.
Best regards
Hi,

Unfortunately I'm stuck at the fastboot loop.
Followed all steps 3 times with same result: bootloop.
Any hints?
Tks

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm stuck at the fastboot loop.
Followed all steps 3 times with same result: bootloop.
Any hints?
Tks
Used the Wipe option of TWRP, installed again MIUI 14; before rebooting, wiped davlik (or smthing like this), reboot and voilà, everything seems to be working.
I really didn't think that this would upgrade Android as well; my phone has android 13 now! Amazing. So far so good!
Tks all you guys.
Best regards

Hello,

I have a Problem with my mi 11i 256GB 5G, and the Rom 14.0.3.0 stable. If i listen to a voice massage via WhatsApp on my ear...the Display get black and after the massage my Display dont go Back that i can read more.. ITS a Bug?

Sorry for my Bad english i Hope you understand :)

Thanks a Lot :)
I have that same problem, as well as a few others here, but it seems it's not getting attention. I don't send voice notes, and I don't like them, but I do have to listen to some I receive. This is enough to make me want to dump 14

Reactions: Shaggo
On my mi 11 lite 5g is official MIUI global rom 14.0.3. I want to install this xiaomi.eu rom but I'm didn't sure which is correct way to install rom without losing my data. Little help ?
Thanks!

On my mi 11 lite 5g is official MIUI global rom 14.0.3. I want to install this xiaomi.eu rom but I'm didn't sure which is correct way to install rom without losing my data. Little help ?
Thanks!
You WILL have to format the data partition to install the .EU rom. That is the only way. So back up everything to another device and be prepared to start fresh.

Reactions: katerpanne
hi! i´m a mi 11 owner and after update from stable 13 to 14 (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_V14.0.8.0.TKBCNXM_v14-13.zip),
something was wrong with my google wallet payments. I will try to explain (sorry for my poor english).

After update, the first time that i use contact less payment by google (wallet), the app conect to my bank
to update again the painments (i think this is a norma security issue).
Ok i re-register my 4 visa/mastercard (A,B,C,D) cards, but WALLET ALWAYS USE the same card (D),
I decided remove the (D) card from wallet, but after use the wallet payment, continue using a deleted (D) card.

I decided removed all cards, an re-register cards (A,B,C) only.. and after pay,, surprise.. card (D) will appear again..

ok, deleted again all VISA/MASTERCARDS from wallet, check con google payments via web that there is not any card
registred... clean wallet cache/data All. and install with twrp the v14.0.8 again. (NO FORMAT ONLY APPLY DAVIDK cache format).
Re-install credits cards (A,B,C) and when i try to pay with contactless WALLET.. SYSTEM CRASHES.!!

ANY SUGERENCE, if possible not format all system.. this is my last chance.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I am using POCO F3 (14.0.5) and since update System launcher is freezing up and restarting quite frequently.

Is there any cache or something I should clear?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-22-14-40-46-526_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-22-14-40-46-526_com.miui.home.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 266
Last edited by a moderator:
I've installed the new update yesterday, for some reason the phone overlay when I got called didn't show up, but I've fixed that, and the touch response is sometimes very stuttery. Does anyone have any idea how I would fix the stuttering?

I'm still experiencing 1-2 minutes notifications delay or not arriving on latest 14.0.5 unfortunately.
been trying to fix that issue the whole week... from clean flashing countless times (at least 20+) to turning settings on and off and even installing dedicated modules... nothing helped unfortunately.
going back to 13.0.9 for now...

EDIT : my device is poco f3

Last edited:
I've updated to 14.0.3, battery life seems to have increased, fingerprint reader appears more responsive.

Still, when listening to a WhatsApp voice note with the phone to my ear, the screen cannot be turned on again.

Not going to bother looking for more bugs. I'll have to do what I've been postponing and go back to 13 :emoji_face_palm:

Reactions: Sharon1122
So I'm not sure about the certain point when my problem accured the first time.

I'm on MIUI 14 on Lisa and facing the situation, that no popup or fullscreen is shown when I receive a call. I'm using Google Phone App. Only ringing.

After the call ends, since I can't pick it, and I call myself from another device, doesn't make a difference If mobile or landline, either the popup is shown if the screen is on or fullscreen if the screen is black.

Haven't figured out yet after how many minutes/hours it get's back to the described situation.

On MIUI 13 Beta I haven't recogized this kind of behaviour.

Any advice?

So I'm not sure about the certain point when my problem accured the first time.

I'm on MIUI 14 on Lisa and facing the situation, that no popup or fullscreen is shown when I receive a call. I'm using Google Phone App. Only ringing.

After the call ends, since I can't pick it, and I call myself from another device, doesn't make a difference If mobile or landline, either the popup is shown if the screen is on or fullscreen if the screen is black.

Haven't figured out yet after how many minutes/hours it get's back to the described situation.

On MIUI 13 Beta I haven't recogized this kind of behaviour.

Any advice?
i had the same issue on thor, now using the built in phone app

Last edited:
Reactions: Einar
I'm going 13.0.4 stable by xiaomieu now. i could update without wipe and fomat data??
Mi11TPro 13.0.4byxiaomi

I think there is something wrong with the latest update for the 12S Ultra.
The screen became colorless.
The color strength is very weak.

Update: interesting, the screenshot is colorful. Colorless in life!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-23-09-51-26-401_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-23-09-51-26-401_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 223
Last edited: