MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

So far, 14.0.6 on my Mix 4 seems perfect. Banking works again, Google Pay, excellent battery life. One little niggle, when I select more than one message (SMS/text) to delete, it only deletes the first one.

Does anyone know how to enable App Pinning? This feature seems to be missing on my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom running on Stable EU 14.0.5.0.

On my Xiaomi Pad 5 that's on Miui Pad Global 14.0.4 it has App Pinning.

Hello,

I have a Problem with my mi 11i 256GB 5G, and the Rom 14.0.3.0 stable. If i listen to a voice massage via WhatsApp on my ear...the Display get black and after the massage my Display dont go Back that i can read more.. ITS a Bug?

Sorry for my Bad english i Hope you understand :)

Thanks a Lot :)
Hallo,

I forgot something back then, is it possible to make the scroll-shot function possible again? After a screenshot I had the possibility to scroll, this is no longer there.

Okay so I've installed MIUI 14 on the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G and there are couple of things missing. The Mi Smart Hub is missing from the Control Center and also the Control Center has some sort of white tint on it and it's not completely transparent. Other thing that is missing is the lock animation. Other than that it's running very smoothly.

Update: Apps: Twitter and Gmail refuse to operate normally

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-08-19-41-02-130_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-08-19-41-02-130_com.miui.home.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Screenshot_2023-07-08-20-53-19-055_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-08-20-53-19-055_com.android.settings.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Did anything changed with how the update should be flashed on TAOYAO with 14.0.5? Did it same way as last time but today i had sooo many errors.

Attachments

• 1688845832024.png
    1688845832024.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 122
Adding my observations for the marble xiaomi.eu ROM with the network/calling issue. Hope that this will help resolve the issue:

1.I've flashed MIUITN and it does not have this problem (network loss/incoming call failure). I've compared the MD5SUM of every img file from that ROM to xiaomi.eu ROM and here's what files are different:

boot.img
cust.img
vbmeta.img
vbmeta_system.img
vendor_boot.img
super.img

2. Maybe it is only coincidence, but on MIUI China Stable and MIUITN (China based) the option for "Preferred network type" is missing and only these 2 MIUI ROMs does not have the network/calling issue. another MIUI custom ROM which I've tested - ELITE is also having this issue. I highly doubt that this could be the reason, but this gave me the below idea - point 3
3. I've substituted the super.img in xiaomi.eu ROM with the one from MIUITN (China based). flashed my marble with this "Frankeinstein" ROM and the issue is not present.

4. The modem.img files on xiaomi.eu, MIUITN, Elite and Official MIUI China are with the same MD5SUM so the issue could not be in this file

5. While using Evolution X custom ROM (around 2 days) I did not face this issue.

tl;dr - issue is somewhere in super.img according to my tests.

I accidentally flashed the SWEETK6A rom on my Note 10 Pro and now it doesn't turn on or enter fastboot, is there a fix for it or is my phone permanently bricked?

I accidentally flashed the SWEETK6A rom on my Note 10 Pro and now it doesn't turn on or enter fastboot, is there a fix for it or is my phone permanently bricked?
You need to use edl mode or get your motherboard replaced

Does anyone know how to change the entire font on my poco f3?
Seems like the variable_font in developer options isn't working.

Adding my observations for the marble xiaomi.eu ROM with the network/calling issue. Hope that this will help resolve the issue:

1.I've flashed MIUITN and it does not have this problem (network loss/incoming call failure). I've compared the MD5SUM of every img file from that ROM to xiaomi.eu ROM and here's what files are different:

boot.img
cust.img
vbmeta.img
vbmeta_system.img
vendor_boot.img
super.img

2. Maybe it is only coincidence, but on MIUI China Stable and MIUITN (China based) the option for "Preferred network type" is missing and only these 2 MIUI ROMs does not have the network/calling issue. another MIUI custom ROM which I've tested - ELITE is also having this issue. I highly doubt that this could be the reason, but this gave me the below idea - point 3
3. I've substituted the super.img in xiaomi.eu ROM with the one from MIUITN (China based). flashed my marble with this "Frankeinstein" ROM and the issue is not present.

4. The modem.img files on xiaomi.eu, MIUITN, Elite and Official MIUI China are with the same MD5SUM so the issue could not be in this file

5. While using Evolution X custom ROM (around 2 days) I did not face this issue.

If the rom is Chinese rom, there's nothing you can do about it.
It'll definitely be as it is.

boot.img
cust.img
vbmeta.img
vbmeta_system.img
vendor_boot.img
super.img

Super.img is complete System - system, system-ext, product and vendor partitions, hence practically the ROM itself

Boot.img is for booting (with kernel) and recovery, modem and cust are like drivers - hence if they are the same (compatible between the ROMs you are mentioning), when you flashed different super.img you practically switched from one ROM to another (you replaced all their system apps and services with the corresponding default settings) - ie, back to square one, problem present in one ROM but not in another

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
Super.img is complete System - system, system-ext, product and vendor partitions, hence practically the ROM itself

Boot.img is for booting (with kernel) and recovery, modem and cust are like drivers - hence if they are the same (compatible between the ROMs you are mentioning), when you flashed different super.img you practically switched from one ROM to another (you replaced all their system apps and services with the corresponding default settings) - ie, back to square one, problem present in one ROM but not in another

I agree on the things you wrote, except "back to square one", because initially modem.img was pointed as the problem (which was really strange because modem.img is the same file across all ROMs).
My next step is to mount/extract super.img and check what could be the reason. Unfortunately I'm really new to the whole (Android OS) thing but I hope that using reverse-engineering (and a lot of reading) OR with the help of someone (@zgfg12 ;) ) we'll get to the root cause.

I agree on the things you wrote, except "back to square one", because initially modem.img was pointed as the problem (which was really strange because modem.img is the same file across all ROMs).
My next step is to mount/extract super.img and check what could be the reason. Unfortunately I'm really new to the whole (Android OS) thing but I hope that using reverse-engineering (and a lot of reading) OR with the help of someone (@zgfg12 ;) ) we'll get to the root cause.
Cannot help you better - I have Lisa and not using VoLTE/VoWiFi) but I've seen posts, guides or so (maybe Telegram, XDA, don't remember, might be for the other Xiaomi phones but also with CN firmwares) where users claimed how they fixed some issue, maybe like yours by manually setting APN (I didn't pay attention since I was not interested and it could depend on the mobile operators)

No it don't work. But with Here WeGo working flawlessly. So it seems like Google issue
So that is why I have been keeping Mi11 staying in 14.0.8 for several months.

14.0.8 is the latest working version to Mi11 for workable compass in Google map.

Hello, im running 14.0.5 stable on redmi k30 pro zoom
When using mobile data, some apps connection speed is very slow while it is all fine on others. For example twitter takes so much time loading pics while snapchat is running smoothly. This issue comes when connecting to mobile data only.

I have reset the network setting, still the same.

Any one can help plesse

Is it normal to have these errors?
Screenshot_2023-07-09-10-49-53.png

On the other note, my Mi 11 5g speaker have been making weird loud crackling sound, it come and goes, sometime after rebooting it works for an hour or so, then it crackle again.. I tried changing the Harmon Cardon preset, it works temporarily.. Anyone having same issue and already resolved?

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed the ROM on Poco F5 yesterday, everything seems to work perfectly so far, I had no problems with calls or restarting. The experience is much better than on the global stock ROM.

Last edited:
I have an issue with Gpay (Google wallet), even after installing EU ROM (based on China ROM), I still get "device doesn't meet security requirements" message, any idea what might be the issue?
The phone is Mi 13 Ultra China version, not rooted, bootloader unlocked