MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

How to fix google device certification? On latest Xiaomi 13 stable build, the play integrity is not passing for basic...

I have no idea what is the meaning of this question.
Have you read the posts above saying videos won't play, problems with tiktok and other apps? It's something related to Google play services.
Do you understand the meaning of the question now?

Hi I just installed miui 14 on my smartphone mi 10 model M2001j2c I had version 13.
Almost every 10 minutes I get a popup with the error messenger about the battery
The error message ( Battery and performance stops)

Sometimes the smartphone starts to bug and my screen glitching.
I have to ask for my smartphone back every time I have this glitch.

The error report
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.content.pm.PackageManager android.content.Context.getPackageManager()' on a null object reference
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.PackageUtil.getPackageNameByUid(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.millet.MilletUidObserver.getPkgNameByUid(Unknown Source:20)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.millet.MilletUtils.setPkgData(Unknown Source:7)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$AppStateFrozenControl.frozenAppLater(Unknown Source:57)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$AppStateFrozenControl.handleEvent(Unknown Source:83)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$AppStateFrozenControl.frozenAppNow(Unknown Source:183)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$AppStateFrozenControl.handleEvent(Unknown Source:262)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$8.run(Unknown Source:20)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:182)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:82)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)

Attachments

• IMG_20231020_194908.jpg
    IMG_20231020_194908.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited by a moderator:
Just updated my Poco F3: TWRP is 8.0, Gallery 3.5.79, not sure about the Mi Account and Dark Mode, will have to test a little more :)
Thanks for your inputs I was testing the latest Stable 14.0.8.0 for Poco F3 (alioth) before respond.

- The only current issue that I noticed is that "Mi Account" still doesn't activating after clean installed a month ago. I never had this king of issue with any MIUI.eu before.

1697820548154.jpg

IMG_20231020_115259.png

- Google Account (Play Store) Certified

IMG_20231020_121154.jpg

- Unfortunately the current build in version of Gallery doesn't yet has OneDrive Sync option but the new Frame option is present.

IMG_20231020_120756.jpg

- Recent Panel updated, no more shortcuts

IMG_20231020_115527.jpg

- Task Center with better and waited features

IMG_20231020_120014.jpg

- New Launcher with improved options

IMG_20231020_120311.jpg

- TWRP by SKKK v8.0 A13 decrypting flawlessly

IMG_20231020_115811.png

- Adjust text and backgrounds automatically (patched by MIUI.eu) updated

IMG_20231020_122659.jpg

- None APEX twice boot issue

IMG_20231021_152150.png

NOTE: WOW... I only realize today that after this Stable update and latest Google Maps v11.102.0101 the Compass is finally back!

1000026919.jpg

1000026916.jpg

The overall performance is fast, reliable, bug-free and full of great features. It's the latest MUI 14 update and possibly the last for the Poco F3 before the Stable HyperOS (Xiaomi and .EU) update by Q2/2024.

Long life to Alioth and thanks Devs for this awesome ROM,

Attachments

• IMG_20231020_121154.jpg
    IMG_20231020_121154.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Hi I just installed miui 14 on my smartphone mi 10 model M2001j2c I had version 13.
Almost every 10 minutes I get a popup with the error messenger about the battery
The error message ( Battery and performance stops)

Sometimes the smartphone starts to bug and my screen glitching.
I have to ask for my smartphone back every time I have this glitch.

The error report
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.content.pm.PackageManager android.content.Context.getPackageManager()' on a null object reference
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.PackageUtil.getPackageNameByUid(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.millet.MilletUidObserver.getPkgNameByUid(Unknown Source:20)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.millet.MilletUtils.setPkgData(Unknown Source:7)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$AppStateFrozenControl.frozenAppLater(Unknown Source:57)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$AppStateFrozenControl.handleEvent(Unknown Source:83)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$AppStateFrozenControl.frozenAppNow(Unknown Source:183)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$AppStateFrozenControl.handleEvent(Unknown Source:262)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.controller.FrozenAppController$8.run(Unknown Source:20)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:182)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:82)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)
I had the same problem for months. It is anoying. I only could solve it with a fresh install of the MIUI 14 ROM. In TWRP, you should do a factory reset and then flash the ROM. Previously, you should do a backup of al your important data out of the phone.

Thanks for your inputs I was testing the latest Stable 14.0.8.0 for Poco F3 (alioth) before respond.

- The only current issue that I noticed is that "Mi Account" still doesn't activating after clean installed a month ago. I never had this king of issue with any MIUI.eu before.

- Unfortunately the current build in version of Gallery doesn't yet has OneDrive Sync option but the new Frame option is present.

The overall performance is fast, reliable, bug-free and full of great features. It's the latest MUI 14 update and possibly the last for the Poco F3 before the Stable HyperOS (Xiaomi and .EU) update by Q2/2024.

There are still some functionalities missing in this stable version comparing to the last weekly. For example, managing audio volumes on an app basis. So I suppose we will get more updates.

There are still some functionalities missing in this stable version comparing to the last weekly. For example, managing audio volumes on an app basis. So I suppose we will get more updates.
It's not missing in haydn so I doubt it's not missing in alioth either. Did you check settings in Sound & touch -> Sound assistant?

Reactions: Huaywrise
Has in the latest version fro HM10Pro the anti-virus definition of Avast has been missing and/or removed? The update of the signatures is not working for me and I'm stuck on the definition from the 13th October 2023. Is anybody else facing this?

I had no problem activating mi account so it must be a config error somewhere.. I also don't have the Google Photo sync option in Gallery - maybe because I am signed in to mi account?

Screenshot_2023-10-22-17-59-14-954_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

IMG_20231022_180113.jpg

Reactions: Jacometto
Latest ROM (Mondrian 14.0.28) fixes:

- Camera not connected / recognised
- HEIC not opening
- Failing to view videos on browser
- Google Maps navigation voice missing / muted

These problems were related to Google Play Store autoupdates / APEX issue.

If you don't have a STABLE ROM made after September 2023, use this other solution for the above problem by @kermau5

Last edited:
My Poco F3 and Poco F5 Pro was already activated but a month ago all apps stopped work. The same APEX (Google Services Update) issue that now has a workaround (and fix when updated). Then was mandatory for me and a couple friends to factory reset our devices (clean install) and after that none of us with different Mi Accounts (and devices) could activated anymore.
Some other users already reported the same activation issue recently even with other models. Then it isn't one isolated case and is awaiting to be addressed to the Devs to check it.

Note: The Gallery app that I mentioned has both Sync options (Google and Microsoft).

1000026741.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Huaywrise
Have you read the posts above saying videos won't play, problems with tiktok and other apps? It's something related to Google play services.
Do you understand the meaning of the question now?
The issue you are talking about was not mentioned in any of the 10 messages before your first one. I was just highlighting one of the reasons you may not have an answer, no need to shoot the messenger.

My Poco F3 and Poco F5 Pro was already activated but a month ago all apps stopped work. The same APEX (Google Services Update) issue that now has a workaround (and fix when updated). Then was mandatory for me and a couple friends to factory reset our devices (clean install) and after that none of us with different Mi Accounts (and devices) could activated anymore.
Some other users already reported the same activation issue recently even with other models. Then it isn't one isolated case and is awaiting to be addressed to the Devs to check it.

Note: The Gallery app that I mentioned has both Sync options (Google and Microsoft).

Did a clean install this weekend (coming from 23.4.27.DEV > 14.0.8) and mi account had no problems. Can you log in to i.mi.com in browser? Sim card installed? Sim plan allows international sms? There's a bunch of stuff that could cause it to fail. First I'm hearing of the apex issue, guess the bug didn't hit the old weekly build..?

Reactions: Jacometto
Did a clean install this weekend (coming from 23.4.27.DEV > 14.0.8) and mi account had no problems. Can you log in to i.mi.com in browser? Sim card installed? Sim plan allows international sms? There's a bunch of stuff that could cause it to fail. First I'm hearing of the apex issue, guess the bug didn't hit the old weekly build..?
The answer is YES for all and I also can confirm the two step verification through SMS. As I mentioned never had any issue to active my Mi Account ever but now I can't recover the Call History and Messages that are Mi Cloud saved.

NOTE: I had this issue with two different devices (Poco F3 and Poco F5 Pro) and Mi Accounts in the past month. Both after MIUI.eu Fastboot clean installed with Stable MIUI 14 (latest)

Last edited:
The answer is YES for all and I also can confirm the two step verification through SMS. As I mentioned never had any issue to active my Mi Account ever but now I can't recover the Call History and Messages that are Mi Cloud saved.

NOTE: I had this issue with two different devices (Poco F3 and Poco F5 Pro) and Mi Accounts in the past month. Both after MIUI.eu Fastboot clean installed with Stable MIUI 14 (latest)