MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

I totally agree!
We are not talking about Google, we are talking about a very import feature of phone not working.
It's like camera not working, from my point of view.
Uhm yes, and it's working fine, if you follow Google's device security policy and keep the bootloader locked.
And comparing this to the camera not working is absurd. It's like comparing apples to a steak. A logical fallacy.
This manipulation and pressure tactics are really getting on my nerves.

And I only bought this phone because of EU ROM totally working, otherwise it doesn't make sense to keep using Xiaomi.
Since none of us gets any kickbacks for your purchase, I couldn't care less why you bought your device, not sure why you thought it was essential to even mention that, as if someone is supposed to be grateful for that.

So it's definitely not a Google talking, it's an import phone feature.
Again, get this into your head - we are not hackers and it's not our responsibility to hack around Google security for you.
So yes, point fingers towards the ones who caused the issue to begin with, not the ones who are easier to bash.

Is there another payment system I can use on Xiaomi?
Until yesterday I had a Galaxy using Samsung pay.
Can I install Samsung pay on Xiaomi phone?
Or maybe another third party NFC app.
I have no idea, it's not exactly anyone's business how you make your payments.

Correct, you cannot lock bl and google checks if a bl is unlocked, I guess it tags it as not secure and blocking it. I dont know the code though. There is nothing much to do other than wait for the developers to check if this can be covered in the new stable rom. may not be possible as well, only option is to wait for it.
It's so strange I cannot lock bl even with official Xiaomi ROM. Why? What's the technical reason? If I use an official not modified ROM from manufacturer should be allowed to lock bl.
It makes sense to don't allow locking bl only with rooted phones or not official ROM.

Uhm yes, and it's working fine, if you follow Google's device security policy and keep the bootloader locked.
And comparing this to the camera not working is absurd. It's like comparing apples to a steak. A logical fallacy.
This manipulation and pressure tactics are really getting on my nerves.

Since none of us gets any kickbacks for your purchase, I couldn't care less why you bought your device, not sure why you thought it was essential to even mention that, as if someone is supposed to be grateful for that.

Again, get this into your head - we are not hackers and it's not our responsibility to hack around Google security for you.
So yes, point fingers towards the ones who caused the issue to begin with, not the ones who are easier to bash.

I have no idea, this doesn't exactly anyone's business how you make your payments.
I apologize if I wrote something against you, I didn't mean to, I am sorry.
I really appreciate the job your guys are doing, in fact I only have a Xiaomi because of this job.
I just wanted to express from a user point of view, not a programmer one, pay with a phone is just a feature like taking photo.
I don't understand software stuffs, NFC payment, camera, display, is for me just a list of phone feature.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Smaritz
Is there another payment system I can use on Xiaomi?
Until yesterday I had a Galaxy using Samsung pay.
Can I install Samsung pay on Xiaomi phone?
Or maybe another third party NFC app.
no mate, you cannot use samsung pay on xiaomi phones. samsung pay is only for samsung phones as per my research. No option other than google pay. may be some banks will have their own apps, where you can add your respective cc in it, but only it will support their own cc and you cannot add other bank cc in that bank app.

Reactions: leomonde
Another lecture about priorities.
Google Wallet is an extra service belonging to Google Play services, not the Android system (fact: not all Android devices have Play services and thus no Google Wallet).
The fact that Google does everything they can to prevent you from using it on custom ROMs also means that it's an entirely optional feature for us or any custom ROM.
Don't try to manipulate these facts otherwise. There is a tradeoff to unlocking the bootloader, and you're supposed to know that and not try to pass responsibility to anyone else.

Because we're not your babysitters. We're not here to educate you about the meaning of using custom ROMs. It's your homework - not my job.
why are you getting so much irritated ? instead of trying to understand or analyze what could have happened or why suddently its getting blocked etc. For everything you say, not my business, not my job how you pay. I mean try to be nice bro. We are telling the problems and discussing and you are like taking on your nerves. Chill bro.

By the way, while working with the google support tech guys, I somehow figured it out its causing with the developer options enabled. Try to turn it off and usb debugging off, and the error goes away. I need to make a payment and see, but now the pop-up that your phone not meet the security requirements is gone.

To summarise, TURN OFF THE DEVELOPER OPTIONS IN SETTINGS AND USB DEBUGGING OFF. I believe that should solve the problem.

See, by discussing, brain storming, analysing, askign quesitons, things can be resovled much faster and no need to highlight or show fingers towards anyone, simple probing or simple questions can resovle things instead of taking to heart. or saying not my business, not baby sitters, i dont care how you pay, we dont bother, we are doing free. why all that ? Simple questions, what happend, what are the options, have you enabled anything. you dont get answers unless you ask questions. again you will say, not my problem to baby sit you or ask questions. As a moderator, you need to know what is happening to the changes/technology. dont set the boundaries.

Earlier the devleoper options was ON as well, and it was working fine. Till yesterday. So now google has done some changes, that if the developer options are enabled, google wallet wont work. THis has caused the issue. for anyone who has landed here.

To summarise, TURN OFF THE DEVELOPER OPTIONS IN SETTINGS AND USB DEBUGGING OFF. I believe that should solve the problem.
I had no developer menu active
And no usb debug
And it's not working

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-09-22-49-38-527_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-09-22-49-38-527_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 128
I had no developer menu active
And no usb debug
And it's not working
Go to the Play Store app > Settings > About > tap Play Store version 7 times to unlock developer mode. Go back to Play Store settings > General > Developer options > Play Integrity > check integrity.
Please tell me what it says under Labels.

Reactions: mccurly
Go to the Play Store app > Settings > About > tap Play Store version 7 times to unlock developer mode. Go back to Play Store settings > General > Developer options > Play Integrity > check integrity.
Please tell me what it says under Labels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-10-00-41-08-231_com.android.vending-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-10-00-41-08-231_com.android.vending-edit.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 255
Under Play Protect Certification I have device not certified.
mine is showing "Device is certified" . may be you try to reinstall and see. and update play store app after which try to uninstall and reinstall google wallet. Not sure about that. but mine is showing as certified, I have not yet tried to pay. Will check and let you know if it didnt work. Mine may not work as well. as it was showing as certified even yesterday.

Last edited:
why are you getting so much irritated ? instead of trying to understand or analyze what could have happened or why suddently its getting blocked etc. For everything you say, not my business, not my job how you pay. I mean try to be nice bro. We are telling the problems and discussing and you are like taking on your nerves. Chill bro.

By the way, while working with the google support tech guys, I somehow figured it out its causing with the developer options enabled. Try to turn it off and usb debugging off, and the error goes away. I need to make a payment and see, but now the pop-up that your phone not meet the security requirements is gone.

See, by discussing, brain storming, analysing, askign quesitons, things can be resovled much faster and no need to highlight or show fingers towards anyone, simple probing or simple questions can resovle things instead of taking to heart. or saying not my business, not baby sitters, i dont care how you pay, we dont bother, we are doing free. why all that ? Simple questions, what happend, what are the options, have you enabled anything. you dont get answers unless you ask questions. again you will say, not my problem to baby sit you or ask questions. As a moderator, you need to know what is happening to the changes/technology. dont set the boundaries.

Earlier the devleoper options was ON as well, and it was working fine. Till yesterday. So now google has done some changes, that if the developer options are enabled, google wallet wont work. THis has caused the issue. for anyone who has landed here.
I also don't understand the mods' condescending attitude. We're not all expert devs.

Anyway, did you disable developer options and is gpay working now?

• Angry
Reactions: MeiGuddet
Hello everybody!

I see now that there was an update to yesterday's update for Courbet. That is two updates in less than 24h. What to expect after this update?

What went wrong with the last one?

Can anybody comment on this please?

(Especially the moderators? Or, even better, the devs behind all the coding?)

Thank you in advance.

I also don't understand the mods' condescending attitude. We're not all expert devs.

Anyway, did you disable developer options and is gpay working now?
Yet to try the payment. As of now, nothing to buy. May be tomorrow morning :) but I am still doubtful - 50 - 50 . will keep you posted in this group.

why are you getting so much irritated?

I also don't understand the mods' condescending attitude.

I don't know, just look at the number of posts made about the issue, the amount of damage control they are forced to do for days now, the stupid amount of hours they will need to rebuild and re-upload dozens of ROMs and obviously the time to analyse the issue itself. And whenever they ask people to take their responsibility, they use their white sheep card "Oh no, why are you angry, I am just a normal user, so FIX IT NOW !!!".

And all that for free, on a weekday (not that it would be better during the weekend). Also it happens on a regular basis, it is not like if it is the first crisis they have to manage.

If anything, they have all my respect, I would personally have left the ship a long time ago.

Yet to try the payment. As of now, nothing to buy. May be tomorrow morning :) but I am still doubtful - 50 - 50 . will keep you posted in this group.
I've clicked on Pay and opened a card, the same message pops up. Just by opening the card.

I don't know, just look at the number of posts made about the issue, the amount of damage control they are forced to do for days now, the stupid amount of hours they will need to rebuild and re-upload dozens of ROMs and obviously the time to analyse the issue itself. And whenever they ask people to take their responsibility, they use their white sheep card "Oh no, why are you angry, I am just a normal user, so FIX IT NOW !!!".

And all that for free, on a weekday (not that it would be better during the weekend). Also it happens on a regular basis, it is not like if it is the first crisis they have to manage.

If anything, they have all my respect, I would personally have left the ship a long time ago.
Yeah yeah we know, best effort, for free, etc. It's been made clear that everyone respects that.

The terrible attitude towards a normal phone user with a question is kind of off putting. But they're the bosses, I guess.

first batch of devices was reuploaded

next batch coming soon..
Hello @ingbrzy, thank you for the status update. Was any post made about what were the reasons for this re-upload surge? I understand that you guys have a tight schedule. Things may be hectic around there. Can you, leader of XIAOMI.EU, please acknowledge that a good communication strategy would avoid hindering your pre-existing extraordinary reputation as Software Makers?

Do take your time to answer. But please, come clean with the needed (and reassuring) information.

Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: MeiGuddet
Hello @ingbrzy, thank you for the status update. Was any post made about what were the reasons for this re-upload surge? I understand that you guys have a tight schedule. Things may be hectic around there. Can you, leader of XIAOMI.EU, please acknowledge that a good communication strategy would avoid hindering your pre-existing extraordinary reputation as Software Makers?

Do take your time to answer. But please, come clean with the needed (and reassuring) information.

Thank you.
if you don't know a reason for reupload, you don't need to install it..

@ingbrzy, thank you for your disclosure.

Do know everything that the future holds?

If you don't, applying your 'superb' reasoning, maybe you will not 'need' to be there... :D

And @Orjon, thank you. Concise and straightforward 5*

Thank you both.

For the record, I was already updating.

But yes, thank you!

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-10-07-24-51-820_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-10-07-24-51-820_com.android.updater.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 185
@ingbrzy and @Orjon, I owe you an apology (to say the least).

I am sorry I was not able to swiftly find this --> https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ecurity-requirements.70444/page-3#post-704331 before. (Again @Orjon) thank you for putting that out and to both for putting up with guys like myself.

Perhaps, we, (guys like myself) should have been wiped from the past... :D Unfortunately, we ... linger...

Thank you!

Cheers!

Reactions: lordmexz
@ingbrzy , @Igor Eisberg and @Orjon

Thanks for the Play Integrity fix and reupload ROM. Already downloading it and feedback later.
Reupload installed and seems to be flawless again. Play Store (Okay), SafetyNet (Okay), Play Integrity (Okay) but the Google Pay (Wallet) still with a warning message.
I didn't tested the NFC Payments yet then will feedback it later.

EDITED: Confirm that Google Pay (Wallet) do NFC Payments flawlessly again. THANKS!

IMG_20231110_080437.jpg

Grateful,

Attachments

• IMG_20231110_043759.jpg
    IMG_20231110_043759.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Screenshot_2023-11-10-05-52-25.png
    Screenshot_2023-11-10-05-52-25.png
    192.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot_2023-11-10-06-36-05-438_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-10-06-36-05-438_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 236