MIUI Multi - Language ROM 2.7.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pele

This weeks Multi Language Rom has been cancelled, regrettably. The reason being is that translators are not correctly following the documentation set out and are not providing correct or up-to-date translations. This is causing no end of issues when it comes to building roms weekly and this is not acceptable. We are not prepared to release Roms which are not up to standard or which can cause issues for the end user or cause loss of data.

Translators need to bring everything up to speed this week ready for the next update. If this is not done then without hesitation next weeks Multi - Language Rom will be cancelled also.

If you are having difficulty Translating then communicate with ibotpeaches for advice etc

Important Note to Translators : "The issue mainly lies with the framework-res.apk, and various just simple XML problems. I understand most translators don't have the environment to test/build APKs, but please look over the XML for <string> and </string>. That seems to be lots of problems. Remember that Patchrom devices Camera.apk is different than the regular Camera, along with the framework-res.apk"

Many thanks

Could you write issues..? That will help translators to resolve them... or just which language is broken... thanks

~Tapatalk~

Could you write issues..? That will help translators to resolve them... or just which language is broken... thanks

~Tapatalk~
I sent the messages to all translators. I don't think your lang had any problems. The issue is, the ROM is only as strong as the weakest language.

Reactions: ambuj
On files.miuiandroid.com i see that miui multi 2.7.6 crespo is online. Can i Download that?

On files.miuiandroid.com i see that miui multi 2.7.6 crespo is online. Can i Download that?

Hello,
I take care of the port i9003 on XDA, I do not know if links are xda allowed here
I promised the multilingual today, I understand your position and I take this passage to thank you for your work.

We know very well that the great changes of time makes your job harder.

Our team is composed of three members and MIUI support on i9003, i9001, Galaxy W
If you can be a particular help you may contact our team.

In the Russian language is also a problem?

Nope, you would of gotten an email. I think you guys just have a ton of old strings in your REPOs. Those generate a ton of errors warnings, but not really a problem. I would recommend decompiling a Camera.apk from an HTC One S / HTC One X though as its greatly different than the MIUI Camera and placing it in /device/ville/ etc, instead of /main/Camera.apk.

That causes lots of bad XML, which I think Ukrainian is doing.

Problems with spanish? Not receive any email... translators need access to repo with values fully updated for all devices, if not, problems every week. its a suggestion

I've got the email with the errors of the german repo but when i had read the mail, it was too late to fix the issues for todday build

I'll let everyone know that I've begun testing next week today. (Well still using 2.7.6) as my test, but hopefully can make this upcoming release stable as ever.

If you sit in IRC and own a crespo or maguro, you can test some of the 2.7.6 builds.

Reactions: Pele
Thanks for your great support.

What about Arabic, there was some FC's in some applications in last week build (like calender and Firewall apps) if you use Arabic interface?

The German translation seems to be fixed now (ibotpeaches did a successful test a few minutes ago)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

I'll talk to the developer of that and get the details of integration.

That will be great.

What about Arabic, there was some FC's in some applications in last week build (like calender and firewall apps) if you use Arabic interface?
Also Arabic interface will appeare in notification and status bar if you choose English language and English will appeare if you change Arabic (sometimes)?
Some application are still appeare not to be translated, like Music, Firewall and phone setting.

That will be great.

What about Arabic, there was some FC's in some applications in last week build (like calender and firewall apps) if you use Arabic interface?
Also Arabic interface will appeare in notification and status bar if you choose English language and English will appeare if you change Arabic (sometimes)?
Some application are still appeare not to be translated, like Music, Firewall and phone setting.

Arabic hasn't been updated in awhile. This is the translators.
It was updated 22 hours ago. nm.

Sorry i'm Sick in last 2 day .I well update Arabic in all dev .

Bring nexus s to test 2.7.6 MULTI ROM from my frind .

@iBotPeaches the translation well update after 2 days .

Status
Not open for further replies.