MIUI not falling back to mobile data

Entreri

Members
Aug 25, 2011
I've been using MIUI for some weeks now, having this problem.
It occurs both on the latest stable build as well as on all the later beta builds.

When my phone is connected over WiFi, MIUI doesn't change back to mobile data when I deactivate WiFi again or when I'm simply on the move (leaving the range of my WiFi).
This only happens after being connected to WiFi a certain time (about 2 hours or so). To get back on my mobile data, I have to activate airplane mode for a second (or restart the phone).

I had the exact same problem when I was back on Cyanogenmod while version 7 was still in testing. They fixed it shortly before releasing the final build. So as MIUI is using the CM-kernel (as far as I know), I guess it must be somehow related.

This is a really annoying issue. :/

I'm using MIUI on an HTC Desire.

/EDIT: Don't know if this is of any importance, but my Radio is 5.17.05.23

Yap, you are right. I report this issue also in 2.3.4a version. Unfortunately no one care about this i think....

I certainly don't hope no one cares ^_^.
I took them ages at Cyanogen to finally fix this, but they did it before CM7 went stable...

That might help :D
Getting next to no feedback almost 24 hours after posting this does not exactly induce confidence, though :(

I hope I don't have to learn Chinese to actually report this bug. ^^

I get that problem as well on my Evo pretty randomly. The knlyvsolution that I know of is to reboot.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

I'm wondering if there is another, better way to submit bugs that I haven't found out about yet, as there still is no feedback on this :eek:

The people who do this work have regular jobs. Therefore, they are volunteers. These ROMS cost YOU nothing. So show a little patience and respect for people who are working hard to make a good product.

It takes time to debug software, I am sure they have families as well. So be courteous, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.l

To MIUI Devs...thanks for the hard work. You have saved me from needing to buy a new phone...at least for a few more months...

I think you are misinterpreting my post. I didn't mean to grouch or anything. But I did create this thread almost a week ago. Just a little feedback that this has been read at all and will be investigated would be nice. In a bug tracking tool, you can see right away if your report has been noted, but as this is a forum, there is a need to actually reply to people :p.

Same problem on my N1, latest release, very annoying. Appears to be pot luck if stuff ever gets sorted on this Rom, which is a shame.

Same issue on my HTC desire, 1.11.25.

Reboot doesn't fix.

FC com.android.settings if I try and open apn settings.

Same here, I've posted the same question on several forums. No luck for the moment... :(

For those experiencing problems and your not on 2.2.17 please upgrade.

Anyone else, please provide version number, device and any other useful steps to help us replicate / report the issues properly.

Thanks,

Mark

Device: Desire Z
ROM: MIUI 2.2.17
Bande de Base: 12.56.60.25U_26.10.04.03_M
Kernel: 2.6.35.14-cyanogenmod-g9e5cdf1

I have emailed this detail to Xiaomi's test engineers.

Thanks,

Mark

Will do my best to keep you posted, be aware a lot more focus is now on ICS from Xiaomi so I am not going to give out elaborate promises that it will be resolved but we'll sure try! :)

Oh, wow... I'd never thought someone would revive this thread ;).

Well, I still have that problem even though I tried different version of MIUI, it's the same in all versions.
My details:

Device: HTC Desire
ROM: MIUI-XJ-2.2.17
Radio: 5.14.05.17
Kernel: 2.6.38.8-Tiamat_Bravo-v4.1.0+ (But the same happens using the Stock Kernel [and in fact, every other Kernel I tried])

If this will ever be solved, MIUI is almost flawless in my opinion.

I just experienced this problem on my HTC Desire HD. I think I've experienced it before, but never associated as a bug before.

For me, its staying on wifi for like an hour. Turning wifi off, and mobile network never connects. I can try and go to the Network list, but it never loads AT&T. Reboot fixes it.

I had an email back from the developers this morning.

They are saying that:

It seems that it's a CM related issue. We'll try to reproduce this issue and get you back soon.

Hopefully have some feedback on this issue very soon.

Thanks,

Mark

New update on the issue:

I have tried more than 10 times on HTC Desire. When I walk out the range of my WIFI , it can fall back to mobile network.Even though it took a long time waiting for the mobile data appearance.
The longest test took about 5 min and the shortest one took about 1min.
I will keep tracking this problem and make a comparison test between CM7 and MIUI later

Hm, I just tried waiting... but after 30 minutes, my phone still was not connected to mobile network.