Release MIUI ROM 2.5.25 [ICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, OTA is going live now.

OTA doesn't work for me. Phone reboots and appears to install ok (its a bit too quick for a full rom) then hangs on MI logo. I have to install manually, same happened with last weeks update as well. Using SGS2 with Siyah Kernel.

OTA doesn't work for me. Phone reboots and appears to install ok (its a bit too quick for a full rom) then hangs on MI logo. I have to install manually, same happened with last weeks update as well. Using SGS2 with Siyah Kernel.

This is because Updater.apk requires the Mi Recovery, which isn't installed. You probably have CWM or TWRP. Were working with Xiaomi to try and make a universal Updater that works for popular recoveries.''

This is because Updater.apk requires the Mi Recovery, which isn't installed. You probably have CWM or TWRP. Were working with Xiaomi to try and make a universal Updater that works for popular recoveries.''

I thought it would have been something to do with that. Thanks

Updated successfully but strangely only the Facebook & Hotmail data are removed, the Google account stayed as well as WhatsApp account.

By the way I have CWM installed will i be able to replace it with MI Recovery, if yes then from where can I get this MI Recovery from and how to install.

Reactions: Daxal
I have "problem with loading widget". I have no full wipe, update from version MIUIandroid 2.5.18

The widget problem is Prayer Time Pro (Vertical widget)

Galaxy SII ... OTA worked amazingly well .. rom is smooth .. can't seem to get the maginifying glass functionality working.

I get an error while trying to install the update, either from OTA or the download on this site.
it says: asert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100 // ... Error in sdcard miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.5.25.zip (status 7) and it goes on like this!!!!!!!!!
WTF!!!!!!!!!!

I get an error while trying to install the update, either from OTA or the download on this site.
it says: asert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100 // ... Error in sdcard miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.5.25.zip (status 7) and it goes on like this!!!!!!!!!
WTF!!!!!!!!!!

IN CWM. You can disable asserts. On the screen before you select a ZIP to flash there is an option called "Toggle script assets". Hit that, then flash.

This is protection method to prevent flashing wrong ROMs, but if you wipe your system or your build.prop cannot be read, it won't allow a flash. Thats why you can override it :)

It's the first time I have read this warning and I always wipe system..
Funny, you learn something every day.

Now that I'm ready to update, is there any ETA on when is MIUI going to fix the can't install to SD card or USB storage??
I mean, if every one else already figured it out that with a different kernel you can solve this, can't they check the kernel for some code that may be causing this error? or is there something else going on?

I dont think, that u will add german. the strings u get from this german guy are stolen from us ( miui-germany ).
No Permissions, no strings!

cheers,

kalashnikitty
all of us are translating to our languages.... if you can probe that this xml are yours no problem.... if not... could be only used to help the translation...

Hi,
i uses now MIUI from your derivate for a couple of weeks/versions now...
but in this version i miss the monitor.apk now... could i manualy reinstall it ? is there a downloadlink ?

i also have a bug in the gmail widget... it doesnt load...

On Nexus S Palmary Weather Pro widgets can't be displayed, only the empty background is shown. Never been a problem on any versions before.

Status
Not open for further replies.