Preview MIUI ROM 2.7.6 Changelog preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Recommended updates this week:

1. Contacts and SMS added support for 720P UI - providing more detailed UI and picture quality for the high-resolution screen devices e.g. HTC One-X. Samsung Galaxy Nexus etc.

2. Call recordings file name contains the contact name making it easier to identify recordings by name at a glance.

3. Add support to edit theme components (See Theme Style for more info)

Full updates posted Friday as usual.

Expect a new major release version in the coming weeks as well. More news to follow.

Reactions: Deleted member 8986
A new major realease version? maybe 4.1 JB?
Okay, JB was released a couple of days ago and pretty much none of the existing ports work properly... do you really think it'll be out this week? or do you think that they'll wait for a stable version for the device in question and then start porting MIUI to it?

Excited about the better theme support and new major version. Thanks for the hard work!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Who cares about 4.0.4 when your on 4.0.3. Just wait for 4.1.x lol

Oh definitely, though 4.1 on GS2 is not confirmed yet, and so far you guys only create miui based on official releases... if it gets confirmed, I second what you just said

Oh definitely, though 4.1 on GS2 is not confirmed yet, and so far you guys only create miui based on official releases... if it gets confirmed, I second what you just said

Huh. SGS2 is an official device.

Maybe it has something to do with this:
Screen Shot 2012-07-04 at 10.30.20 PM.png

Where did you see official announcement that SGS2 is getting 4.1 from samsung? Can you link?
He is referring to the fact MIUI will soon be on 4.1 providing no major issues arise between now and whenever the new base is out :) by the way there is NO Official news on 4.1 MIUI yet but expect it to come at some stage soon (Device dependent)

Where did you see official announcement that SGS2 is getting 4.1 from samsung? Can you link?

I was reffering to the fact that MIUI (Xiaomi) has the SGS2 as an official device. I didn't mention JB or Samsung.

can't wait... hate stock ROM cause of the whole bunch of USELESS samsung's apps and their services that drain battery and use a whole lot of RAM. Even after removing them with Titanium Backup.
I know that MIUI is really a great ROM since I used it as one of the dual boot options on galaxy s II, good job..thx

Jelly Bean won't be in every device with MIUI. Like MIUI said with ICS: the device with official 4.0 rom will have MIUI v4. MIUI is based on official rom. So if you get official 4.1 to your device - MIUI will support it.

So to be clear: in near future MIUI 4.1 Jelly Bean will get only Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S - which will have official 4.1 OTA in mid-July.
When other devices? Don't know, but those two will get MIUi v4.1 first.

I hope they fix the GPS for Galaxy Nexus as its broken in last week update (it is only showing searching for gps even when you are in wifi)

Status
Not open for further replies.