MIUI ROM 2.8.24 Release [ICS & JB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I just recently discovered the MIUI custom ROM for Android - and i've just fallen in love with it... Unfortunately I am new to this concept of installing custom ROM, and have a few questions. The first one being - is it possible to even install this ROM on my android? I have purchased imported phone, from China (the W007 Android); For this I have done quite a bit of looking around, but unfortunately (where ever I have found a download link) for the MIUI- their all just specific versions (for specific phones). I am sooo interested in installing this onto my phone, but I cannot find a valid version for my phone... The Phone Details Follow:

Android Version: 4.0.3
Baseband Version: MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V14, 2012/04/20 17:38
Kernel Version: 3.0.13 Sat Jun 9 13:12:07
Build Number: ALPS.ICS.MP.V1.11
Model Number: e1809c_v75_jbl_253

(Please just ask me for anything that is needed)

Second question was... Will I need to Root my phone, inorder to install this custom rom? I was asking this as, I believe that the warranty for the phone becomes void, if it is Rooted?

Lastly - how exactly would I be able to Root my phone?
I understand that this is a big ask - but if you could help me out with this little problem, it would be dearly appreciated
Thanks in advanced.
fingers-crossed.gif

I'm afraid that, unless your phone is listed in the 'ROMs' section, I don't think it will be compatible with MIUI.

In answer to your other questions, yes you will need to root your phone to install MIUI. Yes, it will void your warranty (although there may be ways to reverse this, should you need to return the phone for example). Each phone tends to be different when it comes to rooting, so you will need to try and find a tutorial specific to your phone online. The procedure can range from being complex to extremely easy. I'm afraid there is no standard 'how-to' that applies to every phone. XDA Developers is probably the best place to look www.xda-developers.com. Hope this helped.

I love your ROM. Its refreshingly different to all the other ROMS I've used in the past.

One thing I noticed and I am not sure it is a bug or a feature.... If you multi tap the home button it flicks into 'negative' mode. I tried taking a screenshot, but it appears normal. I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and perhaps someone can explain the purpose of it.

Mike

Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Dual ROM: MIUI 2.8.24 / Rootbox 2.2
Kernel: SiyahKernel v4.1beta6+

I love your ROM. Its refreshingly different to all the other ROMS I've used in the past.

One thing I noticed and I am not sure it is a bug or a feature.... If you multi tap the home button it flicks into 'negative' mode. I tried taking a screenshot, but it appears normal. I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and perhaps someone can explain the purpose of it.

Mike

Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Dual ROM: MIUI 2.8.24 / Rootbox 2.2
Kernel: SiyahKernel v4.1beta6+
That is a siyah feature. You can enable or disable it by using extweaks from market ;) The purpose: when you're viewing a webpage for example, which has a white background and black text, negative makes it more readable ;)

Is there any chance that you guys let Xiaomi know that an official ICS for Motorola XT910 has arrived, so they could consider re-basing MIUI?

Hi there!
I'm trying to install on my Nexus S, but it get stuck on the MIUI splash screen. I have tried everything, even a full wipe before install.
PS: md5 is ok..

i have samsung s2, and i am having problem with camera it always get hanged .
is someone else having the problem, plz find me a solution.

On my Galaxy Nexus, it seems I shall always need to switch on GPS to be able to use location services. Usually, location apps like Twitter, FB and 4SQ would work even without the GPS, by triangulating the position using cell towers. Now, it seems both the GPS controls and option to enable Location services have been merged.

Hello! :)

could you be working control panel for 2.8.24 miui ? Please! :) phone: xperia arc s.

Thanks!

Hello! :)

could you be working control panel for 2.8.24 miui ? Please! :) phone: xperia arc s.

Thanks!

We keep the ROMs clean. We don't include any bloat or stuff like that. Users are free to venture to our Mod forum though and install any modifications they want. We ship the ROM clean though, so users who don't wish to do any changes can remain clean.

On my Galaxy Nexus, it seems I shall always need to switch on GPS to be able to use location services. Usually, location apps like Twitter, FB and 4SQ would work even without the GPS, by triangulating the position using cell towers. Now, it seems both the GPS controls and option to enable Location services have been merged.

You're right about the merging. I have resurrection remix JB on dualboot, there is just one setting for Google location service in JB. But you can always disable GPS from toggle menu ;)

We keep the ROMs clean. We don't include any bloat or stuff like that. Users are free to venture to our Mod forum though and install any modifications they want. We ship the ROM clean though, so users who don't wish to do any changes can remain clean.

OK, but how or where can I download it?

Xiaomi uses stock bases now. You have to wait for the company to release a new official base.

I wish Xiaomi went back to using CM as a base :(
For me it's fine Xiaomi uses stock firmware for MIUI. Do you have any special reason why you want to go back to CM base? You could try cMIUI which is based on CM but I didn't find any advantage over Xiaomi's rom but I found some glitches as transfer rate is very slow and that external sd card not work properly. I've tried both CM9 based, even preview based on CM10 but it haven't convinced me.

For me it's fine Xiaomi uses stock firmware for MIUI. Do you have any special reason why you want to go back to CM base? You could try cMIUI which is based on CM but I didn't find any advantage over Xiaomi's rom but I found some glitches as transfer rate is very slow and that external sd card not work properly. I've tried both CM9 based, even preview based on CM10 but it haven't convinced me.

I just dislike stock firmware. For one stock firmware on the SGS3 is 480MB. On the CM10 its 160MB. Its just bloat on bloat on boat in stock.

I just dislike stock firmware. For one stock firmware on the SGS3 is 480MB. On the CM10 its 160MB. Its just bloat on bloat on boat in stock.
That's right but roms from Xiaomi for s2, s3 are bloats free aren't they? :) CM has not FM radio (yes, you can download from market but I don't loke it) and I don't like its camera. And CM transfer speeds are terrible. I would say stock roms are always better tunned than 3rd part roms like CM because they are written exclusively for specific piece of hardware. So let's wait for an official JB firmware with MIUI4.1 - it will be the best rom ever :)

Hi...Can anyone reply for the below query...?
1. Version in SGS2 is still 4.0.3...?
2. Battery drain issue in SGS2...?

Hi...Can anyone reply for the below query...?
1. Version in SGS2 is still 4.0.3...?
2. Battery drain issue in SGS2...?
1. Yes
2. I haven't noticed any battery drain with Syiah 3.3.2. After 24h in deep sleep and 10 minutes of screen I have still 94% ;-)

so cause MIUI is based on stock roms it means that EVO 3d wont get MIUI 4.1 (cause HTC wont give 4.1 to EVO)?!

so cause MIUI is based on stock roms it means that EVO 3d wont get MIUI 4.1 (cause HTC wont give 4.1 to EVO)?!
Unfortunatelly, yes. But if your phone is supported by CM10 you maybe get MiUi based on this aosp rom.

Hello , guys . I'm commin' back with a problem. My phone is a HTC desire s. Last working fully working update for me was 2.7.13. After that in all updates i don't have a 3G connection. The rest is fully functional. Got any idea ? Maybe is a feature that turn data on/off and i didn't find it ? I did a clean install, fix permissions . Please tell me what to do ? I don't see any solution. Is a software bug ? With any other rom is working (has other issues rom related but data is working) . The roms that are makeing me this problem are 2.8.3 , 2.8.10, 2.8.17 and this one 2.8.24. What have this roms in common that can cause this issue ?
Thx in advance for your help.
Maybe if i use a different kernel ? just guessing
Other bug that i noticed , the icons/folders start missing from the screen and appear if i touch the screen in that particulate zone. (facebook icon for ex is missing but if i touch the screen in that area the icon appear. Is an incompatibility of this rom with desire S ?

Status
Not open for further replies.