Preview MIUI ROM 2.9.7 Changelog (preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Budiman
... now the only bug annoying me is the contact pics displayed small pictures. Another is the buggy and laggines in MIUI launcher. :D

So my SGS III is not the only one with small contact pics and buggy launcher...

Sometimes a new base means taking 10 steps back. Sometimes the bugs are with how the overlay of MIUI works. So if you change a base there could be new errors.

Although what you say can be true, if taken to the letter that could also mean skipping Jelly Bean just so there are no new issues from changing bases. Not a really good excuse, if you ask me.
I get that some 4.0.4 roms for the SGS II had the brick bug but it's been taken care of for a while. And if MIUI is waiting on Jelly Bean to make the move we could very well be waiting for at least another six months.

Although what you say can be true, if taken to the letter that could also mean skipping Jelly Bean just so there are no new issues from changing bases. Not a really good excuse, if you ask me.
I get that some 4.0.4 roms for the SGS II had the brick bug but it's been taken care of for a while. And if MIUI is waiting on Jelly Bean to make the move we could very well be waiting for at least another six months.

Thats not a very good comparison at all. Were talking about 2 different bases of the same underlying Android software not a major android revision.

Trust me. Patchrom is used for all the devices except (Nexus 7, MI ONE, GNEX and NS). Try and build the ROM using Patchrom. It'll work fine with that base. Put a new base in. We are talking upwards of 200 noticeable errors. Then again, we don't even know what the non-noticable problems are since we haven't booted the device.

I'm just saying. Its not an easy task with these non-source built devices.

So, what you mean is that while it may not be worth the risk to move from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 it WILL be worth the risk to move to 4.1.1 and that with this in mind MIUI is probably waiting for 4.1.1 because it is the best bet?

I sure hope that's the case because it would be bad if it weren't. I did see some improvements on the SGS II moving from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4, minor bugs got ironed out and performance wise there was some gain to. Of course, my wife is using it now so I don't care much and that's why it's not on MIUI right now.

Thank god I have my SGS III to experiment on....

So, what you mean is that while it may not be worth the risk to move from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 it WILL be worth the risk to move to 4.1.1 and that with this in mind MIUI is probably waiting for 4.1.1 because it is the best bet?

That's correct.

Now could people please stop asking about 4.04 on the sgs2?

Long time fan/user of miui and much appreciated to the work all devs put to build awesome os..

Since like 2 updates ago my galaxy s2 is loading more and more and currently around 600mb of 1gb of ram is being used, am cleaning ram and removing recently open apps and running apps etc but still too much memory being used.

LBE guard not always picking up recently installed app.

Internet browser not playing flash very well, sometimes not loading and most times just close's and force close.

I hope these issues can be addressed.

Thank you

I'm sorry but I have to ask, in 2.8.31 Root is NOT working. Any chance they finally get it right tomorrow??
Kinda getting tired of installing SuperSU to make it work when it should from the start.

I'm sorry but I have to ask, in 2.8.31 Root is NOT working. Any chance they finally get it right tomorrow??
Kinda getting tired of installing SuperSU to make it work when it should from the start.
Which device you have? I am using a GSM GNex and root is working with 2.8.31

Galaxy S III. Enabled root with LBE Guard but fails the check when using root browsers or apps like App Quarantine. The only solution is to go the SuperSU (or SuperUser) way.

It happened with the SGS II, I think it is fixed there.

I just wish to see 3 things during the weekly ROM updates:

1. Improve Free Launcher. (i.e. able to edit all the icons/widgets, remove app name when in Free Launcher, etc etc)
2. Includes MIUI Camera.. with full features, i.e. include the filters etc.
3. Improve Themes overlay, because for example in some screen, the background is white and the fonts are white also.

Status
Not open for further replies.