New - OTG device notifications in notification bar
Optimised - New visual mask style
Optimised - Account unlock visual style

[Messaging]
New - Support to send text messages on a web page
Optimised - FC issue caused by exiting Messaging
Optimised - Contacts sent via SMS will be shown in business card style

[Contact]
Optimised - Sliding across the dialing panel area can switch to the contacts page
Optimised - The SMS icon clickable area of the details page was expanded
Fix - After hanging up the phone, the call log shows "Updating"
New - Background color of contacts only with small avatars will change according to the contact picture

[Desktop]
Fix - New desktop widgets position error in the new screen.
New - Support V4 folder background, text color, and the bottom bar background
Fix - Application icon does not display in the deletion dialog box
Fix - Folder name cannot be modified when it is empty

[Themes]
Optimised - Online list page theme name font size
Optimised - Details page style adjustments
Optimised - Currently in use theme indicator adjustment
Optimised - Ringtone list page download button style adjustment
Optimised - Current lock screen customization
Optimised - Review and rating list page style adjustment
Optimised - Ringtone list page filtering tab style adjustment
Optimised - Search bar style adjustment
Fix - Preinstalled theme not show preview
Fix - Applied font does not take effect

[Gallery]
Optimised - Album download logic to avoid invalid account deletion or downloads
Fix - Viewing large image and pressing menu will show a white line at the bottom of the menu
Fix - Horizontal screen enter enlarged browse page results in dislocation problems

[Music]
Optimised - Online music list page title color
Fix - After modifying ID3 song information, the page showing the list of song cannot be refreshed with new information
Fix - Online music pausing of download or delete the download task, cannot re-download the item
Fix - Album art, portrait artist and lyrics show repeated download issues
Fix - Online music loaded state in some cases displays the wrong information

[Anti-disturb]
Fix - Adding private SMS contact to the blacklist will not import private messages

So let me just confirm. I will be able to download the file and rename to update.zip...and do the usual procedure as before?

So let me just confirm. I will be able to download the file and rename to update.zip...and do the usual procedure as before?
yes same as with v4... Installation is no wipe... you will dont lost your data... but you cant downgrade to v4 from v5... :)

Reactions: Loopins
Is far as I know, a rename to update.zip is never needed for these kind of MIUI Roms.
I have updated it 4 times now without changing the name.

It could be needed for "3rd party" roms.

Reactions: Ayy
I would appreciate a counter that runs backwards :)
Meanwhile I am dowloading the original MIUI 3.3.1 rom. I want to check it out now :)

Is far as I know, a rename to update.zip is never needed for these kind of MIUI Roms.
I have updated it 4 times now without changing the name.

It could be needed for "3rd party" roms.
For Mi2(the only device to get V5 today) if your using stock recovery you have to rename to update.zip

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Tested the original V5 for 30 minutes, I hope MIUIandroid can tweak it a bit:

1. If you are using a pincode, then it will login directly after you have pushed the right code. You don't need to use OK anymore
2. The camera-app seems to have less options available. You used to had 8 different sizes to save your pictures. Now it has been reduced to only 3. You can unlock this by putting your camera from Simple to Professional mode.
3. The icons on the camerascreen turn when you change it from portrait to landscape mode
4. The quickbar on your homescreen only contains 5 icons instead of 6 icons
5. The icons of the maps show 9 icons instead of 4
6. The browser stays where you left it. It used to go back to the default page, but now it reminds them
I think the browser responds much quicker than before.
7. You can choose the vibrate function for silent and normal mode.
The vibrate itself has not been updated, it is very weak
8. The icons of the different accounts have been removed (settings menu). You now have to read which accounts are used, with previous versions you can see it very clearly with the used icons.
9. Dutch language is not available, it is still English and Chinese. Miuiandroid's language pack is still very valuable!

Tested the original V5 for 30 minutes, I hope MIUIandroid can tweak it a bit:

9. Dutch language is not available, it is still English and Chinese. Miuiandroid's language pack is still very valuable!
lol... Xiaomi will never release multilang... its up to translators keep translation updated week to week for our multilang packs...

lol... Xiaomi will never release multilang... its up to translators keep translation updated week to week for our multilang packs...
Don't say never ;) Xiaomi had/has plans to enter the European market. This means extra language support as well.

I have worked together with Quidd to translate the Dutch languagepack here on MiuiAndroid ;)

Don't say never ;) Xiaomi had/has plans to enter the European market. This means extra language support as well.

I have worked together with Quidd to translate the Dutch languagepack here on MiuiAndroid ;)

They said they were making a Multi Lang ROM 2 years ago, and would require all translators to give translations to benefit the cause. It never happened.

I'm getting a FC on the weather tool... I reported it on the phone but I dont know if that sends to you or the Chinese developers? Basically I open the weather tool...works fine. But if I press any button (including the menu) it FC's out.

Also to add. I live in China. I use the Chinese locations. It worked in v4.

thanks Loop.

p.s v5 + m2

Anyone else not being able to set email notification to silent in the built in email app?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.