MIUI Translation project ( Full Arabic )......

NMH14

Members
Jun 30, 2011
HI Everyone
First of all, I'm new to this forum and I want to say big thank u for your effort on fixing Arabic on this rom
Second, I decided to start full Arabic translation.
I did translate the framework-res and of course with help of my friend eybee from XDA ( many thanks to him ) but it was for eybees's version ( 1.6.17 ).
MY requests are:
1) Can I take the translated file and include it next releases ?
2) Lets put our hands together and start to translate the rest of apps, U know it's very hard to translate all by my self.
SO
Who is with me ?????

Note\ 1) we can start from latest release IF first request is possible.
2) If there are more than 3 or 4 volunteers, we can distribute apps between us.

OK Roenano
My pbl is I finished the translation of framework ( about 250 lines ) but when I applied the update.zip my MS stuck on MIUI logo.
What do u think the pbl ? what i did is just complete the trans. nothing else !!!!
also can link me to apktool 1.3.2 becuz i did not find it in google.

Thank U so much

apktool

If you look at the RTL thread I have linked some useful webs where you can find some information about translating MIUI.
If you want me to help you you're gonna have to provide some more information about the process you are doing and attach a logcat of the boot.

apktool

If you look at the RTL thread I have linked some useful webs where you can find some information about translating MIUI.
If you want me to help you you're gonna have to provide some more information about the process you are doing and attach a logcat of the boot.

Thanks for the link
and yes I know abt the information
and what i did is just continue the translation( as i said may be 250 lines )
- decompile
- continue translation ( string, arrays, plurals )
- recompile and build
-i tried signing apk and unsigning ( both didn't work )
and that's it, Anything wrong.........?
and i don't know where to find a logcat.
may be u can take a look into my file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sr56bzhqyfbkhj9
btw, Should the new file be smaller than the original file ??????

OK, your mistake is that you shouldn't use the new buit apk as its not well signed.
You should:
1- install framework-res.apk
apktool if framework-res.apk

2- Decompile framework-res.apk
apktool d framework-res
That will create a folder called "framework-res"

3- Add "values-ar-rXX" folder inside framework-res\res\ and put your translated strings.xml, arrays.xml and plurals.xml files in it.
"XX" states for your country (or any other else). You should include it in framework-res only in order to see the language selection option in settings. for all other APKs "values-ar" will be enough.

4- Build framework-res
apktool b framework-res
this will create a "build" folder inside framework-res\

5- replace new resources (this will fix your problem)
go to "framework-res\build\apk" and replace the resources.arsc from the original framework-res.apk with the one in there. Just open the APK with winrar and overwrite the resources.arsc with the one in this folder.

6- Push APK and check if works!!

Good luck

I'll have a look.
But be sure you move the new resources.arsc and "drawable-ar-hdpi" folder into the original framework-res.apk
you should't use the new compiled framework-res.apk!!!

I'll have a look.
But be sure you move the new resources.arsc and "drawable-ar-hdpi" folder into the original framework-res.apk
you should't use the new compiled framework-res.apk!!!

OMG, now i understand.
My mistake, I used the framework from dist folder inside framework-res folder.
But i used the original .apk with the changes u mentioned before and guess what? it worked great
Thank U Thank U Thank U Thank U SO much
Now I can Complete my project and I hope some members give me a hand.
One more thing plz,
Can I use the translated files with the new release?????without any changes ?????

Basically you can, but strings keep changing from one release to another.
Best way to notice that is diffing the last week English strings.xml with this week one and checking if there's any change.

hello dear s

1st I LOVE the MIUI roms
2nd a big thank you to both of you guys for fixing the RTL issue.

my phone is Xperia x10 the only problem is that GB roms have issues with the camera.

Any how i am glade to help as much as i can to translate the miui to arabic lang.
BTW GB 2.3.3 is fully translated to Arabic so can we use the ( string, arrays, plurals ) that are already translated ?

You can probably find there some matching strings, but not necessarily means it'll comply with miui translation.
They have re-built all the strings, so probably is better to translate from zero (IMO)

I mean, run and test miui rom on my pc without using a Phone
such as "Android Emulator v1.5 for Windows"

Hello dears
I have translated:
Framework-res.apk
launcher2.apk
SystemUI.apk
Setteings.apk
and tested on Xperia x10 but when i try to press (حول الهاتف ) the system Force close, any how when i change the lang to english there is no FC

i will uploade the files soon but i not sure if they will work with other devices. So i will upload also the trnslated strings, plurals, arrays of all those apps

BR

Great Job aljahwari, Really appreciate your help.
Could u plz link me to the files u've translated, I want to try them on my Milestone.
What release did u use?????
Thanks in advance.

thank you for your idea and the file you posted it helped me alot

here are my files

from TripNMiUI "Iris" 0.8 Gingerbread! - MIUI 1.7.8
Here

Edit: trip updated the rom to V.9. I have to update the framework-res again coz when i flash it to this new ver. chinease lang every where hahaha.

See you soon

BR
Ahmed

MIUI ARABIC

Salam All,

This is very good idea and thanks for the hard work.

Could someone update the first post with update on what is going on please because it's difficult to track the progress of this project.