MIUI Ultimate ROM for WCDMA Hongmi // based on my FLY IQ446 mod

Hello, as i am a developer of this rom i can answer your questions here, but much better to ask in original thread @en.miui.com cuz visit this site very rare.

Firstly wanna introduce myself to whom don't know me.
I'm the moderator and member of Porting team section of en.miui.com. Also im the absolute winner of MIUI Porting Contest. So it's not a no-name stuff, it's hardly developed and stable ROM.

Ok, lets start
can you upload to a better server like Dev Host or Mediafire.
That server takes more than 8 hours to download.

What you mean exactly by:
* Extended power menu.
* Extra settings for mobile networks
* Several major fixes of original release
* AGPS & EPO fixed
* Device friendly autobrightness level constants
* MIUI Camera codecs improvement
* MIUI Launcher app@sd bug fixed
* Much more features i cant remembre..... (you should o_O)
Extended power menu = reboot to recovery added.
Extra settings for mobile networks = other settings enabled with stuff like noise-reduction/every minute notice etc
Several major fixes of original release = fixes for some well known bugs of miui, like crashing MMS app after recieving bank messages etc.
MIUI Camera codecs improvement = H264 instead of H263 and some sound quality fixes.
MIUI Launcher app@sd bug fixed = as app2sd is possible with my rom it was required
Much more features i cant remember = sorry, it have so much small fixes and improvements and i can't remember all of them, it will be a nice surprise for you in comprare with the stock rom.

BTW, mega links available @original thread

This ROM sounds quite interesting :cool:

But from whom are the OTA updates coming? If it is from your side, you should be able to control that the size does not exceed 100 MB.

Another question: On which multi language ROM is this based? I did not see weekly releases for Red Rice after the stable V5.0 got released.
It comes from miuirom.xiaomi.com, updates made for the main branch of my mod rom, hongmi port uses it, but if u will skip an update the official updater will give you a full rom (for different phone).

It's based on my patchrom project for Fly IQ446 (http://en.miui.com/download-160.html)

I have tried. First thank you for your work. Everything works fine, the better sim management is very useful. I have found only one issue which makes me problem. The misound enhancher is working. I see the VIPER4ANDROID is working but under the hood the misound causes unnecessary bass boost. If It can be switched off It would be perfect for me.
Misound is disabled in my rom, "unnecessary bass boost" is the flat output from hongmi, misound presets equalize it, but sound processing quality of misound is not so good. V4A have much more advanced processing (switch to professional interface to see all features) and can adjust sound much better.

I have been reading on VIPER4ANDROID dev site that this feature causes battery drain, for this we have to turn all active sounds (touches, ringtones, notifications, etc).
Resuming, this is only good to hear music otherwise the battery flies away in normal mode.
bullshit, no additional battery drain in everyday use (only while long music listening as it's a software processing)
anyway, u can enable it only for headphones or BT if u are aware of power consumption

Last edited:
Misound is disabled in my rom, "unnecessary bass boost" is the flat output from hongmi, misound presets equalize it, but sound processing quality of misound is not so good. V4A have much more advanced processing (switch to professional interface to see all features) and can adjust sound much better.

Thank you for your quick answer. I agree with you misound processing is not good and I'll try again your rom if the misound is disabled. In the other hand the additional thing are awesome and thank you for your work again!

As I use the phone a lot I'm afraid to compromise the battery performance. This latest release, v5.0, it's indeed very good in this field. Battery his at least 2 full days with normal use, calls, text messages, wifi and BT for hands free in my cars

been testing the rom and one of main things I noticed is the ram is always lower than 120mb
If I clean the best I got was 380mb and soon drop again

also no root although you mentioned is rooted. I couldn't find the root app and when an app ask for permission it's say the phone isn't rooted.

Could you please teach me how to update the camera codecs in stock Rom?

Thanks

Last edited:
If I clean the best I got was 380mb and soon drop again
disable useful autostarts in security->permissions

also no root although you mentioned is rooted. I couldn't find the root app and when an app ask for permission it's say the phone isn't rooted.
Enable stock MIUI root in security->permissions

Could you please teach me how to update the camera codecs in stock Rom?

Thanks
It requires deodex/decompile/compile/odex of camera.apk

I investigated again on sound issues. I used my former xperia T as a reference because It has quite good sound quality. First I tried V4A with flat equalizer settings. If I compare with the sony I hear the "unnecessary bass boost". The next step I tried a predefined equalizer setting the "reduce bass" but It has more bass than sony again. After I switched off the V4A driver but the bass boost remain. I restore the stock V5 rom from recovery and I compared with sony with switched off misound enhancer. The sound is quite same good. I can't find recognizable difference between them. So I don't know what is inside but my experience is that. I get back to the stock because the sound quality is really important for me. Unfortunately the extended sim management really miss from that.

sta-s2z, apart from my reports above I also see:
- I can't log-in in Micloud. Always giving authentication failed and can't authenticate sim number or whatever.
- Its always showing an official firmwar update, in chinese.
- The icons are different from stock red rice 5.0 firmware
etc

I have some experience in modding, not much, just a few light and I played a lot with Galaxy Ace and Huawei.
I made many good things, especially in the Huawei but I also damage them to. The Huawei even fried the LCD circuits on one end lolol
Don't want to do that anymore and especially with this phone. Its almost perfect as is.
I noticed that your firmware is a "port" to our phone. Are you able to compile all these improvments in the stock firmware of Red Rice?
This way would be a proper improved firmware and not a port from other phone to ours.
I can be your tester if you wish.
Regards

I investigated again on sound issues. I used my former xperia T as a reference because It has quite good sound quality. First I tried V4A with flat equalizer settings. If I compare with the sony I hear the "unnecessary bass boost". The next step I tried a predefined equalizer setting the "reduce bass" but It has more bass than sony again. After I switched off the V4A driver but the bass boost remain. I restore the stock V5 rom from recovery and I compared with sony with switched off misound enhancer. The sound is quite same good. I can't find recognizable difference between them. So I don't know what is inside but my experience is that. I get back to the stock because the sound quality is really important for me. Unfortunately the extended sim management really miss from that.
Ok, i will check it more carefully

sta-s2z, apart from my reports above I also see:
- I can't log-in in Micloud. Always giving authentication failed and can't authenticate sim number or whatever.
I can, and most users can, some fault at your side
- Its always showing an official firmwar update, in chinese.
Yes, 4.1.10 update can be installed, but some users experienced problems with flashlight in it. U can try.

- The icons are different from stock red rice 5.0 firmware
etc
Is it a big problem? It contains MIUI animated icons pack (for weather as example)
I have some experience in modding, not much, just a few light and I played a lot with Galaxy Ace and Huawei.
I made many good things, especially in the Huawei but I also damage them to. The Huawei even fried the LCD circuits on one end lolol
Don't want to do that anymore and especially with this phone. Its almost perfect as is.
I noticed that your firmware is a "port" to our phone. Are you able to compile all these improvments in the stock firmware of Red Rice?
This way would be a proper improved firmware and not a port from other phone to ours.
I can be your tester if you wish.
Regards

It's not perfect and contains some bugs, also it doesn't have some features from developer rom.
At the start i tried to make a custom stock rom but i found some important code is obfuscated in stock rom, it requires much more time to transfer my improvements cuz smali code is very difficult to read in normal state (as it's not a programming language, only named opcodes of dalvik vm, smth like assembler), but obfuscated code is almost unreadable. So i decided to transfer rom as is using only binary part of hongmi as a base.
It based on the almost same mediatek aosp as stock and built with official MIUI patchrom, so it's an almost native MIUI for hongmi, but much more featured.

At this time my rom is in beta stage and in future ill fix all porting issues present.

Last edited:
Yes, 4.1.10 update can be installed, but some users experienced problems with flashlight in it. U can try.

Forgive me, I'am new to MIUI en OTA.

If I understand correctly the updates (OTA) are coming not from you but from Xiaomi.
Are the OTA updates not making your mods to disappear ?
For example if you make a mod to abc.apk and in the update is also abc.apk, then your mod is lost.

my apps aren't showing in Google Store but are all showing in MiMarket, and asking for updtaes there.
the ram is really an issue, I only have by default 3 apps with auto-start permission while with stock firmware I have many more, including 3 email accounts, titatinum, zedge, etc.
I see 2 power widgets, 2 MIUI weather apps and also its always asking to choose between systems settings or advanced setting to preform a certain action....

This is what I learned with my previous smartphones in these years os playing and testings, theres nothing like a stock rom. Better to slightly improve it than to make big changes that will blur it completly, like ports do...

Its like car parts, its better to buy a stock part and improve it than to buy an already improved part from "white line".

I'm getting back to miuiandroid version.

can you at least share the camera improvemts so that I and outhers if they wish, could install in stock or android version?

Last edited:
Forgive me, I'am new to MIUI en OTA.

If I understand correctly the updates (OTA) are coming not from you but from Xiaomi.
Are the OTA updates not making your mods to disappear ?
For example if you make a mod to abc.apk and in the update is also abc.apk, then your mod is lost.

It's coming from MY account at Xiaomi OTA server :) So nothing will disappear.

my apps aren't showing in Google Store but are all showing in MiMarket, and asking for updtaes there.
It showing app updates both in Google market and Xiaomi market

the ram is really an issue, I only have by default 3 apps with auto-start permission while with stock firmware I have many more, including 3 email accounts, titatinum, zedge, etc.
My rom includes full gapps and multilanguage, stock rom don't have both, the difference in memory usage is ~100mb.
Miuiandroid stock have cutted gapps and also multilanguage, the difference in memory usage is ~50mb
I see 2 power widgets, 2 MIUI weather apps and also its always asking to choose between systems settings or advanced setting to preform a certain action....

Set first settings icon as default (select always) and u will forget about for ages, it's required only after fresh install.

This is what I learned with my previous smartphones in these years os playing and testings, theres nothing like a stock rom. Better to slightly improve it than to make big changes that will blur it completly, like ports do...
This is your point of view, i respect it but can't share, sorry

Its like car parts, its better to buy a stock part and improve it than to buy an already improved part from "white line".

I'm getting back to miuiandroid version.
can you at least share the camera improvemts so that I and outhers if they wish, could install in stock or android version?

U can grab the camera.apk from my rom.

Reactions: glsf91
Regarding the camera, is just changing the apk, no libs or media profile?
I thank you for your availability.
Regards

Last edited:
I have been testing your Rom and miuiandroid multilang + some of your tweaks/improvments and I conclude with 100% certain that the viper4android is the cause for the big ram increase and not the gapps. Also even I install the viper4android in miuiandroid many sound notifications doesn't work, especially the emails.
Viper4android is not an improvement by any means. I did not noticed any substantial battery drain though

Reactions: hackvier1 2
I have tried as well, I was happy about the switchable misound. I can swith off and the voice is absolutely good for me as in the stock. Unfortunately I have experienced the noisy voice in video records too.

I have tried as well, I was happy about the switchable misound. I can swith off and the voice is absolutely good for me as in the stock. Unfortunately I have experienced the noisy voice in video records too.
working on it, but no success atm, only this issue is a reason of "still_in_beta_stage"
also it happens with all "third party" hongmi roms

Sometimes after receiving (accepting) call the ringtone starts again for some seconds (in the beginning of the call). Anyone else the same problem