MIUI14 for 12S Ultra, Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Edge, don't work

I can never make the Teams app work under the work profile, just wondering if anyone else has Teams working under the work profile.
I did, in MIUI 13 - Company Portal with Teams/Outlook/One Drive/Sharepoint inside the Work Profile.
This no longer works in 14.
I tried installing Teams outside the Work Profile & with the Permission Manager turned off, Teams start, but of course I can't sign in since the company policy only allows it to run inside the work profile secured by Company Portal.

Hi Everyone, I am new to the thread but have the same issue with my mix fold 2. In addition my dual app for Whatsapp will not run also. I have tried reinstalling it and it opens but disappears.

Some of you said the Dev version of MUI doesn't have this issue. How to install the dev version and if this breaks something different, is there any way to go back to stable ?

Some of you said the Dev version of MUI doesn't have this issue. How to install the dev version and if this breaks something different, is there any way to go back to stable ?
All the recovery ones are older than the current 14.0.3.0, so will probably not let you roll back.
You can either wait for a new recovery version & update it via the update.zip method, or flash any of the fastboot versions via miflash, although you'll need to unlock your bootloader iirc.
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/zizhan/ or https://mifirm.net/model/zizhan.ttt# have a good repo.

Company Portal v5.0.5766 came out today - no change regarding the issue with stuck apps.

Flash original Chinese rom of MI 13 in the flashboot mode then flash eu version of mi14 14 (dev 3-1-23).

Why flashing 2 different roms
The eu rom don't have complet radio packages for MI 13 in the last versions for mi12s ultra. If you don't flash modem from original Chinese rom you will not able to use your operator chip (GSM) until flash a modem package compatible.

I tested and confirmed that from the DEV 14.0.23.1.3 to 23.1.9, this issue has been solved for my device (Mi 12S Pro, and I think that it will be fine with the Mi 12SU), all Microsoft apps worked fine with Company portal installed in normal profile (no need work profile). Just wonder when this DEV version reflect to Stable version only

I updated the post https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/e9ea9bb4-cb96-ed11-a81b-6045bdaf6a9e
It would benefit us if all of you facing this issue would comment on it there, sharing the device you're using & app versions to get the generate some movement & grab M$' attention.
I also sent them a mail from my company.
@purgenerator has there been any response on the ticket you raised to PTSG/MS Premier?
I read your post and would like to know how to disable the Permission Manager?

Settings - Apps - Permissions - dot/settings - disable permission manager.
Hi Adwin

I don't have three dot in mixfold2, any idea?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 18.07.39.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 18.07.39.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
I updated the post https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/e9ea9bb4-cb96-ed11-a81b-6045bdaf6a9e
It would benefit us if all of you facing this issue would comment on it there, sharing the device you're using & app versions to get the generate some movement & grab M$' attention.
I also sent them a mail from my company.
@purgenerator has there been any response on the ticket you raised to PTSG/MS Premier?
There was a generic reply that they are working on the issue. BTW, your post helped much because we referred to it and MS realized this is not one-user issue. I'm really excited waiting new stable FW here with DEV enhancements which suppose the issue is fixed.

Reactions: adwin
There was a generic reply that they are working on the issue. BTW, your post helped much because we referred to it and MS realized this is not one-user issue. I'm really excited waiting new stable FW here with DEV enhancements which suppose the issue is fixed.
That's the power of community ^^
Having more than 1 voice helps bring the adequate attention for support.

I'm having the same issue now after updating to MIUI 14. Is there any solution?

I've searched the forums, but I've only found posts with problems.

I found a solution that is working for me on XDA Forum, I'm using Xiaomi Ultra 12S with V14.0.5.0.

The thing is to install the exact versions of specific applications:
- Company Portal v 5.0.5736
- Outlook v 4.2252.2 (4225815)
- Teams v 1416/1.0.0.202294302/0524
- Word, Excel Powerpoint v 1.0.1 (16.0.15928.20192)
- Onedrive 6.72

We have liftoff!
Apply for the Company Portal beta on the Play Store & install v5.0.5785.0
I haven't tested extensively, but I was able to provision my Teams & Outlook, access the content (emails, chats).
Haven't tested calls yet though, but still, it's progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: purgenerator