Resolved Mix 4 not charging as fast as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeDredd

Members
Oct 21, 2021
Loving Xiaomi.eu guys. 12.5.9 stable. What this phone should've shipped with to begin with (LOL, I know global models ship with better Google support officially).

The issue is that I used to go from 3% to 100% in just 15m50s. I attach two files as evidence of that. It now takes 27m to charge the same capacity. I know that doesn't sound like a huge difference but it's almost twice as long for this phone and what I'm used to. Plus, the option to toggle boost charging is missing.

Are there any EU devs here that we can contact to notify?

This isn't a duplicate thread because 1. The other guy was using the wrong cable and 2. He had some other serious issue where his phone couldn't hold any charge at all. Neither of these apply in my case.

Attachments

• IMG_20211021_235259_177.jpg
    IMG_20211021_235259_177.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20211021_235301_626.jpg
    IMG_20211021_235301_626.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kamilinho20
Loving Xiaomi.eu guys. 12.5.9 stable. What this phone should've shipped with to begin with (LOL, I know global models ship with better Google support officially).

The issue is that I used to go from 3% to 100% in just 15m50s. I attach two files as evidence of that. It now takes 27m to charge the same capacity. I know that doesn't sound like a huge difference but it's almost twice as long for this phone and what I'm used to. Plus, the option to toggle boost charging is missing.

Are there any EU devs here that we can contact to notify?

This isn't a duplicate thread because 1. The other guy was using the wrong cable and 2. He had some other serious issue where his phone couldn't hold any charge at all. Neither of these apply in my case.
May be the battery dying?....Sorry, aging.

May be the battery dying?....Sorry, aging.
I doubt it.

a) battery life lasts almost the exact same as on China ROM.
b) the device is barely a month old for me.
c) I noticed this on the first charge after installing EU. I noticed boost charging is not part of EU ROM.

Thanks for your input though. Would like to hear something official from the EU team.

Same problem, installed Xiaomi EU yesterday and charging slows down very much, and there is no option to boost charging speed like on Chinese ROM.

I have not personally noticed any difference in charge speed?, although just the Boost option missing?.
I thought this was removed anyway though?

I have not personally noticed any difference in charge speed?, although just the Boost option missing?.
I thought this was removed anyway though?
It went from 15m to 27m without the boost charging.

One of the main EU devs (Igor) reached out to me and I'm currently using a version from him with a fix applied. Working as advertised. It will show up in the next update.

It went from 15m to 27m without the boost charging.

One of the main EU devs (Igor) reached out to me and I'm currently using a version from him with a fix applied. Working as advertised. It will show up in the next update.
Thats spectacular news, hope its fasboot lol

Thats spectacular news, hope its fasboot lol
Public builds for MIX 4 are not going to be fastboot. There's TWRP already, use it. All future builds for MIX 4 are going to be recovery ROMs, unless we hit the 4 GiB limitation again and won't be able to compress it further.

Oh man that means i have to learn that bit now lol, does it stay on the phone or you have to flash it every time?, ive seen a few versions floating around but not sure what one to use.

Oh man that means i have to learn that bit now lol, does it stay on the phone or you have to flash it every time?, ive seen a few versions floating around but not sure what one to use.
You only need to "fastboot boot twrp.img" once and flash the recovery ROM.
Since we include TWRP with those recovery ROMs for MIX 4, once you've flashed the ROM, you will be able to reboot to TWRP as if you installed it manually.

Still confused, will need to have a good read.
Just read the guide, dont have a clue what the hell i am doing o_O

Ok did that, now i have a page in blue thats all in chinese, what the hell do i press?

Last edited:
You only need to "fastboot boot twrp.img" once and flash the recovery ROM.
Since we include TWRP with those recovery ROMs for MIX 4, once you've flashed the ROM, you will be able to reboot to TWRP as if you installed it manually.
Switching from fastboot rom to twrp need wipe?

Last edited:
Reactions: jrvenge
yes but my problem is i just get a black screen, it wont even show, it did first time but wont now?
Solved, not sure what was going on, but i can now boot to TWRP and find the installed rom via the link, thanks alot, im ready to go for later updates :)

Last edited:
Sorry for using this thread instead of making a new separate thread. I felt that way the forum will be tidier. Feel free to message me and I will delete and create a new thread just for this.

I've noticed twice now, that sometimes battery stats stops monitoring activity (I observed that this is normally after a period of inactivity on the device. It may be unrelated). The battery statistics page provides wrong information. As though it has only JUST been taken off charge. But I should be seeing a much higher SOT and other statistics. The attachments below are from two separate days.

Is this a known issue in MIUI? Or is it an EU specific issue?

Attachments

• IMG_20211027_024245.jpg
    IMG_20211027_024245.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20211025_010724.jpg
    IMG_20211025_010724.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 114
Installed latest stable 12.5.12 on my mix 4 and still no option to boost charge speed...
Not enabled for Stables yet, you're welcome to try it on Weekly.
Wasn't our decision to hide it for international ROMs in the first place...

Reactions: JiaiJ
Status
Not open for further replies.