[MOD] [3.2.22] Control Panel Suite [DISCONTINUED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really necessary. the point is that the ControlPanel.apk exists only in the full package. if you cannot find the apk in /system/apps, then the control panel is not flashed well. how did you flash it? in recovery or in updater app?
make sure you choose the correct version, System 1 or System 2.

Bad flashing must be the case. I'm using the updater app to do the flash as well, as I'm still on Mi-recovery and do not know how to change it haha!
I've also tried flashing to both systems (both 3.2.8) and no success on either.

Try to go with root explorer to /system/app found ControlPanel.apk & see permissions, they must be: rw-r--r--

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk

It is nowhere to be found anywhere under the root directories of the phone, even under com.miui abbreviations. As fusionjack said it could be a flashing problem, which I hope I am sure to overcome!

not really necessary. the point is that the ControlPanel.apk exists only in the full package. if you cannot find the apk in /system/apps, then the control panel is not flashed well. how did you flash it? in recovery or in updater app?
make sure you choose the correct version, System 1 or System 2.

Bad flashing must be the case. I'm using the updater app to do the flash as well, as I'm still on Mi-recovery and do not know how to change it haha!
I've also tried flashing to both systems (both 3.2.8) and no success on either.

Try to go with root explorer to /system/app found ControlPanel.apk & see permissions, they must be: rw-r--r--

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk

It is nowhere to be found anywhere under the root directories of the phone, even under com.miui abbreviations. As fusionjack said it could be a flashing problem, which I hope I am sure to overcome!

edit: may a mod please delete my previous post, somehow it has been posted twice. Thanks :)

The versions targeted at specific systems for xiaomi devices must be flashed in recovery. That's why people are having issues.

The versions targeted at specific systems for xiaomi devices must be flashed in recovery. That's why people are having issues.

Thanks for clarifying.
As for flashing via recovery, could you please hint me on the process? Or does another type of recovery need to be flashed?

Rename to update.zip and place in root of SD. Same as any ROM. If it fails then, it's not being signed correctly and will need to make sure to resign with test key and use -w command line switch.

Rename to update.zip and place in root of SD. Same as any ROM. If it fails then, it's not being signed correctly and will need to make sure to resign with test key and use -w command line switch.

Wow how did I not think of doing that, I am so numb today haha.
So I can say it worked :)
Should there be many options within the app? It seems to crash while trying to open Cpu settings, and I can't seem to find the reboot options or scroll caching options.

Wow how did I not think of doing that, I am so numb today haha.
So I can say it worked :)
Should there be many options within the app? It seems to crash while trying to open Cpu settings, and I can't seem to find the reboot options or scroll caching options.
cpu settings crashes because it cannot find freq table file. a custom kernel usually has this file.
reboot options and scroll caching are not per app configurable.
i'll update FAQ site with installing cp on xiaomi devices.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

On Mi2 cpu settings crashed too :(
Tried on 3.1.11, 3.1.25, 3.2.8 :(

I can show images of this FC.

On Mi2 cpu settings crashed too :(
Tried on 3.1.11, 3.1.25, 3.2.8 :(

I can show images of this FC.
Yeah, make a screenshot of it or paste the error log. It should be related with the missing file that I mentioned above. As long as control panel app is not updated, you'll always get FC in every version.
I still don't have time to fix that, sorry. Just use 3rd party app for that.

Reactions: type-R
Yeah, make a screenshot of it or paste the error log. It should be related with the missing file that I mentioned above. As long as control panel app is not updated, you'll always get FC in every version.
I still don't have time to fix that, sorry. Just use 3rd party app for that.
Here is screenshots of error:

http://s020.radikal.ru/i717/1302/8a/288b062437bf.png
http://s017.radikal.ru/i403/1302/1f/e163031b7fd2.png

Control Panel works fine & error appears only when I try to use CPU settings in it...

Can some people test this one:

Fixed permissions on some files which causes issues for JB users with CPU settings (works fine for me on M1 JB AOSP and M2 JB MIUI)
Enabled the Storage options for certain devices (Xperia 2011 range, One X, Mi-One and SGS2), tested by me on M1 running JB AOSP and all work fine. It still won't show up for most devices because the code isnt there to support it.
Added support for Sweep2Wake and Fast Charge options in CPU Settings (only if your kernel supports it, probably One X only) - thanks to Dekkyy

Please note that after pushing this apk to /system/app and setting appropriate permissions (644), you WILL need to reboot again before trying the CPU settings. This is due to the fact that I set the permissions in the Boot Receiver, so every subsequent reboot will be fine.

Hope this works so it can be included and the problem is gone :)

Attachments

• ControlPanel.apk
    310.7 KB · Views: 235
Lenny Hi!

I just replaced this file to my Mi-2 with 3.1.25 ROM - CPU settings don't crash

Off: Can you teel me, what are you think - wich governor is the best?

It is time for announcement:
I'll have holiday for 3 weeks starting from this Friday. I'll try my best to release CP for 3.2.22 (the last dev version for Miui V4), but I cannot promise since at home I only have slow internet with only 1 MBits and time limited. It means that I need to pay for internet fee hourly.
Cross your fingers! :D

Lenny Hi!

I just replaced this file to my Mi-2 with 3.1.25 ROM - CPU settings don't crash

Off: Can you teel me, what are you think - wich governor is the best?

I actually had a little fiddle with the CPU governor settings via Pimp My Rom app the other day, and personally found the device functioned best under 'Interactive' or 'ondemand'. The device seemed to operate the best and more seemingly optimized under these settings.

Note: (all observations relate to CPU throttle times and persistency between the 384-1512mHz ranges, thus of device performance and battery efficiency. )

Greetings @ Devs ^^

Ph: SGS2 GT-I9100

Rom: 3.2.1

Firstly - awesome mod(s)... rom wouldn't be the same w/o them ;)

Feature Request: Could we please get the following features added to control panel suite?
*Hide battery
*Top Bar - custom colour & custom thickness
*Battery - custom colour
*Carrier - custom colour

T.I.A

IMHO, all of those can be covered by theming. Basically if a theme wants to theme those things then they'd be fighting each other to decide. So best to just theme them if you like something different :) Maybe hide battery cause that's super easy. But I struggle to think why hiding battery is a good idea :p

multilang will be delayed. in worst case i'll update it after my vacation. i still need to find fast dsl to donwload the rest of the english roms.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

It is time for announcement:
I'll have holiday for 3 weeks starting from this Friday. I'll try my best to release CP for 3.2.22 (the last dev version for Miui V4), but I cannot promise since at home I only have slow internet with only 1 MBits and time limited. It means that I need to pay for internet fee hourly.
Cross your fingers! :D

Hi fusionjack, i would be grateful if you upload cp 3.2.22 for htc incredible s (vivo). I've seen several cp's devices already available at miuiaustralia website. Maybe you don't have enough time but i will keep waiting because it is la v4 version.
Thanks for your hard work! Really appreciate it

IMHO, all of those can be covered by theming. Basically if a theme wants to theme those things then they'd be fighting each other to decide. So best to just theme them if you like something different :) Maybe hide battery cause that's super easy. But I struggle to think why hiding battery is a good idea :p

These features were available in extended settings for GB & they proved very useful :p

sure beats rummaging through multiple themes to get a basic GB mod ;)

wouldn't an app such as control panel (GB or ICS) override theme until a theme is changed & then I could just tweak it how I like??

that's how it was on GB... I know the theme app on ICS is no-where near as stable as it was on GB, but...

it never hurts to ask... the worst that they (you :D) can say is "No".

Reactions: lenny_kano
Status
Not open for further replies.