[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Thompson... this MOD is like drugs, once you taste it, you cant stop using it... hurry!!!!

Sent from my Nexus S using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Kidding mate, youve just made the right tweaks on an almost perfect ROM.... congrats and hoping to see more cool sfuff!!

Sent from my Nexus S using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Just fyi, already ported center clock version for miui au, and fixed black status bar, as well as clock hides whem ticker is on. Feel free to add that when you update andy, if you wish.

in the mean time, until Andy gets a chance to update, if anyone wants to change the carrier to say something else, just download the rom to your pc, open it up and go to system > framework > drag framework-res.apk to your desktop. open it up and go to res > xml > drag eri.xml to your desktop. open this up with a hex editor (plenty of free ones online) and find "Verizon Wireless". Click on the V and start typing what you want it to say instead, it should automatically overwrite. Don't backspace or delete any of the remaining letters, instead you should overwrite them with your spacebar. Save and close it. Then open up framework-res.apk again and navigate back to res > xml. Now drag the modified eri.xml from your desktop back over the original eri.xml to replace it. Now open up the full Rom's zip and go to system > framework again, drag the modified framework-res.apk from your desktop back over the original framework-res.apk to replace it. Flash the rom zip again (wipe dalvik and cache) and your carrier will be changed.

it's a lot easier than it sounds, will take about 60 sec lol.

alternatively, there might be some carrier changing apps on the market, but i dont know if they're compatible with miui so i just do it manually using the above directions.

heres the 1.8.5 versions of the apk's/jar's - http://www.mediafire.com/?96iefq2o8o995ea

included is 4way reboot/volume key long press mod.

made it for MIUI-Au but I think it should work fine on others, until this is updated

not flashable zip btw, just the files. Im sure you can figure it out :)

Thanks a lot for that. Is it possible to have the center clock mod?

Edit: no more needed!!!

heres the 1.8.5 versions of the apk's/jar's - http://www.mediafire.com/?96iefq2o8o995ea

included is 4way reboot/volume key long press mod.

made it for MIUI-Au but I think it should work fine on others, until this is updated

not flashable zip btw, just the files. Im sure you can figure it out :)

i9000 working perfectly

but does not work good quality graphics

displacement remove wallpaper and graphic works and good quality

translated into English and Spanish
soon as I go

a question for anyone who knows, when I enable the scrolling the definition of the wallpaper is very ugly. See my screenshots with (bad) and whithout (good) the scrolling effect enabled.

Attachments

• bad.jpg
    bad.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 294
  • good.jpg
    good.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 283
Holiday over and OP updated with 1.8.5 version. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks to lenny_kano for stepping in while I'll was away and a BIG thanks for the bug fix.

I cant flash this either: "E:Can't open /sdcard/StatusBarMods-1.8.5.zip (bad)". Whats wrong?

Edit: Downloading it with the stock broswer and Firefox on my computer resulted in a 56k big file, when I used wget it worked fine.

Edit: Didnt work to flash it though. "Status 0" error now?

Thanks, i'm gonna try it. If you want i can be a beta tester of the overscroll effect(i know i'm annoying but i really dislike the glow). However, THANKS ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.