[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
Do we have any other solution for using this modification? I'm using a different translation and i don't want to use english, as you noticed your Launcher2.apk and SystemUI.apk only have english and chinies translation. Itry to decompile-recompile with the my translation but even i can decompile fine, i can't recompile it. It give "main" thread errors.
So i wanna know can you help me on this? Are there any source files for your work which i can use? I mean i can recompile deodex versions of this apks and i can include your work in it. Or i can send you translation for my language and you can include it :)

I would also like to know if there is a solution for this .. I also tried decompiling the two apk's and added the strings for my language .. Recompiling gave me some errors but I installed them anyway to try them out .. Got the symbol for guestmode on the spot where my battery should have been so it did not go as it should go. So a solution to add my own language strings for systemui and launcher2 would be most welcome

I would also like to know if there is a solution for this .. I also tried decompiling the two apk's and added the strings for my language .. Recompiling gave me some errors but I installed them anyway to try them out .. Got the symbol for guestmode on the spot where my battery should have been so it did not go as it should go. So a solution to add my own language strings for systemui and launcher2 would be most welcome

These are the steps I take to Decompile/Recompile..
1. pull the framework-res.apk from your phone or extract it from your ROM zip.
2. type apktool if framework-res.apk
3. type apktool d -f framework-res.apk
4. in apkmanger use option 22 and select SystemUI.apk
5. in apkmanger use option 9 to decompile
6. copy in your langauge folders
7. in apkmanager use option 11 to recompile
8. repeat steps 4 - 7 with Launcher2.apk

Thats it..

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help. I simply don't have time to support a multilanguage version. I tried in the past but it took all my time..

If you need any more help with decompiling, PM me I'll do my best to help..

:) thanks. Will try the steps you described . You are being very helpful and I would not expect you to maintain a multilanguage version , that's the reason I tried to do it myself :) Keep up the good work with your great mod.

Its a great settings app!!

But i have some questions:

Is there any possibility to use the Battery Bar from my theme?
Which size has the Carrier Logo and how can i change it?
How can i uninstall the Mod? (Maybe if there is no feature to use the themed Battery Bar; it is important for me ;)

Its a great settings app!!

But i have some questions:

Is there any possibility to use the Battery Bar from my theme?
Which size has the Carrier Logo and how can i change it?
How can i uninstall the Mod? (Maybe if there is no feature to use the themed Battery Bar; it is important for me ;)

The top-bar battery in my mod is not an image so you can't theme it. But you can change it to any colour you want. There is a thread over at XDA that explains how to theme the carrier logo. It's just an image so can be themed like any other image.
If you want to install the easiest way is to re-apply the latest ROM zip.
Hope that helps?

These are the steps I take to Decompile/Recompile..
1. pull the framework-res.apk from your phone or extract it from your ROM zip.
2. type apktool if framework-res.apk
3. type apktool d -f framework-res.apk
4. in apkmanger use option 22 and select SystemUI.apk
5. in apkmanger use option 9 to decompile
6. copy in your langauge folders
7. in apkmanager use option 11 to recompile
8. repeat steps 4 - 7 with Launcher2.apk

Thats it..

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help. I simply don't have time to support a multilanguage version. I tried in the past but it took all my time..

If you need any more help with decompiling, PM me I'll do my best to help..

:) I did it !! Thank you very much .. I have a nexus s so I removed the jar , and added dutch strings to systemui.apk and launcher2.apk .. I then recompiled everything and .. It works ! what is even better I do not have the misaligned icons in the hotseat anymore ! Result a working 1.9.9 extended settings mod on my dutch miui 1.9.9 rom ( battery mods working, wallpaper scrolling working, clockmod working etc etc) just did not use the jar so I will not have all the mods but this will certainly do .. Thanks again for the tips

Even better: was in a bold mood so I also included the framework.jar ..and guess what , also working !!So I now have your mod completely working for the nexus s ... If i have your permission I can post it here for those who want you mod for Miui 1.9.9 for the nexus s ( not the 4g version i think )

I am using this mod (v2) on my nexus s 4g with miui 1.9.9 and not having any issues with it. Take that back...battery icon doesn't show even when graphic or percentage is selected. Top bar works.

As others have noted, v4 will not get past the splash screen on the NS4G. If you'd like a logcat, I can pull one tomorrow. Last weeks v2 mod works, but has a couple of bugs. GPS icon turns into a roaming icon when its active, USB icon is the "download complete" icon, and.. Nope, that's all I've got for now. Thanks for the hard work, once the little kinks get worked out, this will be perfect!

1) Boot Into recovery
2) Got to Mounts (or similar named)
3) Mount / System
4) Mount / Data
5) Install MIUI Control from Zip : es center v4

AND ... Got bootloop :(O

Incredible2 - MIUI 1.9.9

Nice one ;)

20110916090421.jpg

Ok so just for kicks I thought I'd try v4 on today's build :) to my surprise it's working fine. I know I'm always the one saying wait for the update but the nexus works in funny ways I guess

Anyway thnx andy !

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Ok so just for kicks I thought I'd try v4 on today's build :) to my surprise it's working fine. I know I'm always the one saying wait for the update but the nexus works in funny ways I guess

Anyway thnx andy !

Hi.. That's great news!!! I'm convinced there was something wrong with the Nexus build last week. Anyway, sorry to use you as a Guinea Pig would would you mind trying this weeks update?? I've only uploaded the center version but if it works I'll get the others uploaded ASAP..

Hi.. That's great news!!! I'm convinced there was something wrong with the Nexus build last week. Anyway, sorry to use you as a Guinea Pig would would you mind trying this weeks update?? I've only uploaded the center version but if it works I'll get the others uploaded ASAP..

I prefer the term "tester" LOL
Yea np I'll try it

wow, thank you Andy Thomson

now it works fine (framework.jar) with overscroll effect, no problems all work fine
im on x10i with miui 1.9.16 (ported by 28spawn from xda)

again thank you

Andy,

I just updated my Fascinate to MIUI 1.9.16 and everything worked fine but it has no network connection after I applied the ESCenter 1.9.16 script and there is a gray blinking triangle in the status bar.
Any idea why please?
Thanks.

@Andy, Great job on the latest update. Fixed all the little bugs I was having. However, as you suggested, this may have been due to the 1.9.9 build itself as the kernel I've been using (as with any other BFS build) was breaking my WiFi, and that issue is gone as well.

Thanks again!

Andy,

I just updated my Fascinate to MIUI 1.9.16 and everything worked fine but it has no network connection after I applied the ESCenter 1.9.16 script and there is a gray blinking triangle in the status bar.
Any idea why please?
Thanks.

Same here.

Tap'd via SGS + MIUI

Status
Not open for further replies.