[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
same thing here, 1.12.2 on shooter, reports that icons are too high. not sure if it's ROM or ES :|

OK, I reflashed rom and found its caused by the extended settings mod. On stock rom the issues is not there. Hopefully by recognizing this bug Andy can fix this for future releases of the mod. I wish I knew where in the XML the code needs to be changed to fix it.

@andy - did some testing with last weeks stuff on this weeks ROM.

last weeks framework.jar and MIUIsettings.apk WORK on current ROM and FIX the missing battery bar
last weeks launcher2,apk WORKS on current ROM and FIX the launcher icons being aligned too high
last weeks v2 of the volume mod also works

- just thought you should know :) thanks again for your AMAZING mods that make miui the s**t :D

last weeks framework.jar and MIUIsettings.apk WORK on current ROM and FIX the missing battery bar
last weeks launcher2,apk WORKS on current ROM and FIX the launcher icons being aligned too high

- just thought you should know :) thanks again for your AMAZING mods that make miui the s**t :D

That's awesome that you found that out. It brings up another thought I remember last weeks build didn't allow the custom sized docks to have an effect on the height of the dock icons. For example if you were running the iPhone theme that comes with a glass dock(480x137) before last weeks mod it would automatically adjust the height of the dock icons to fit the custom dock but I remember last week I looked at my phone and saw the reflections were off so I tried a couple of different sized docks but boof them changed the height of the icons. Just thought us share that to possibly assist in resolving the issue because affects themes that have custom docks.

Hi.. I've found the issue with the Launcher. I've released v2 of the MOD which should fix the issue of the high dock icons.
I'm afraid I haven't had the same luck with the Battery issue. It's working just fine on my phone. One thing that might be worth doing if you have the issue is to uninstall the MIUIsettings.apk, download the latest version (2.1.1) and reinstall it again. (if using adb to push to your phone it's important you push to /data/app/ )
Once installed go to the about section and make sure it's version 2.1.1. If that doesn't work, it might be worth booting into recovery and selecting the fix permissions option.
Sorry I can't help further but unless an issue can be replicated by me then I can't fix it..If anyone has any further info on this problem that they think might be useful, please let me know..

i install miui settings for v1.12.2 but i can't change anything. i try change custom carrier but unsuccessful!!!

Im using the Extented settings mod since the first release and all goes well...In the last updates when the MIUI Control Panel become an apk file the Battery config is only a hide/unhide...There is no option for Top Bar Status etc...:/ Is there anyway to give back the appearence option of the battery?:/

Im using the Extented settings mod since the first release and all goes well...In the last updates when the MIUI Control Panel become an apk file the Battery config is only a hide/unhide...There is no option for Top Bar Status etc...:/ Is there anyway to give back the appearence option of the battery?:/

you can change it from settings - system - battery

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Hi.. I've found the issue with the Launcher. I've released v2 of the MOD which should fix the issue of the high dock icons.
I'm afraid I haven't had the same luck with the Battery issue. It's working just fine on my phone. One thing that might be worth doing if you have the issue is to uninstall the MIUIsettings.apk, download the latest version (2.1.1) and reinstall it again. (if using adb to push to your phone it's important you push to /data/app/ )
Once installed go to the about section and make sure it's version 2.1.1. If that doesn't work, it might be worth booting into recovery and selecting the fix permissions option.
Sorry I can't help further but unless an issue can be replicated by me then I can't fix it..If anyone has any further info on this problem that they think might be useful, please let me know..

I went back to sense again to update some themes :) I'll have some people test this, thanks Andy!

oh side note - any luck with the logcat for the 4x5 launcher FC ???

@Andy, Thank for fixing the Launcher issue with the dock icons but I still noticed with version 2 of the mod that custom size docks still wont change the height of the icons. This seems to be only in the last to builds because before I was using a custom size dock with reflections and now the icons do not line up as before. I was just curious what it might be caused by and/or where in the apk/xml i can make the necessary changes to lower or raise the dock icon heights. Thanks in advance and I really appreciate all the work you put into this mod.

FYI, on Galnet Vicious ICS 4.0 build for Thunderbolt, using 1.12.2 settings everything is working great for me except the top bar battery option will not work. Great MOD and thank you for all the hard work Andy.

@Andy, mate where can i get the 1.11.25 Hot Seat remover (or how to turn back to standard).

Thanks

There really isn't much else that can be requested from this mod, it has come a long way. It has become a must for every miui user.

One request Andy and it would be awesome if it could be done if not its all good.

Is it possible to have the clock on status bar only appear when you have an app open? I love the way my home screen looks without the clock but I need it once I have an app open

Thanks Andy

^^^ that's a good idea :)

also,
@ Andy - on the evo3D, on recent builds, somehow the framework.jar in your ES zip breaks mms download, I have 2 questions:
1- what mods exist in that jar ?
2- can you fix it lol?

^^^ that's a good idea :)

also,
@ Andy - on the evo3D, on recent builds, somehow the framework.jar in your ES zip breaks mms download, I have 2 questions:
1- what mods exist in that jar ?
2- can you fix it lol?

1. - The files I modify are :-

android\view\View.smail
android\widget\AbsListView.smali
android\widget\AbsListView$FlingRunnable.smali
android\widget\OverScroller$MagneticOverScroller.smali

They all control the Overscrolling functionality. The good news is there is nothing in there that would effect messaging so you could just copy those four smali files into your framework.jar and it should work with no problems.

2. No is the short answer (lol!), I'd have to create device specific versions of the MOD and I'm just one man, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to do that everyweek! That's why I created the No_Overscroll version for phones like yours that have a framework.jar different to mine.

There really isn't much else that can be requested from this mod, it has come a long way. It has become a must for every miui user.

One request Andy and it would be awesome if it could be done if not its all good.

Is it possible to have the clock on status bar only appear when you have an app open? I love the way my home screen looks without the clock but I need it once I have an app open

Thanks Andy

That is a good idea.. I spent an hour or so digging around last night, seems to would be possible to show the clock when launching an app, the hard part would be hiding it again when you leave the app and go back to the homescreen.
If anyone knows of a way to know if the homescreen is currently showing please let me know..

hey Andy, thanks for this awesome product. I'm having a problem with my galaxy s2. The apk installs fine, but none of the settings will apply. in fact, they even stay in the app but they don't change the status bar at all. any help is much appreciated.

not sure if my version matters but i have the m250s Korean version of he galaxy s2, but the standard american miui from is working fine.

hey Andy, thanks for this awesome product. I'm having a problem with my galaxy s2. The apk installs fine, but none of the settings will apply. in fact, they even stay in the app but they don't change the status bar at all. any help is much appreciated.

not sure if my version matters but i have the m250s Korean version of he galaxy s2, but the standard american miui from is working fine.

Have you installed the overscroll or nonoverscroll zip file first?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I am using ES 1.12.2 v2 no scroll, problem is battery is not showing only top bar appears when I choose indicator, what I did instead of pushing is, I downloaded new miuisetting, then copy it over the old version in the sys/app folder and installed it, then I went to recovery choose fix permission then restarted, battery is still not showing with percentage and bar graph, I tried wiping cache dalvik-cache then reflashed mod again, it still didn't work, I also noticed a bug, everytime I restarted my phone, instead of displaying, "Scanning Media" it shows "123..ABCD.." :) seems odd, other than that, I managed to changed to custom carrier logo, anyone who knows any more fixes to my problem :( badly needs help. Thank you.

Hi Andy,

thanks for your work.

When I go in your directory for downloading the last version, the MiuiSettings is missing.

Is it normal?

Thanks a lot again

Status
Not open for further replies.