[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, would it be possible to make the "app drawer" accessible from the bottom of the screen? To be able to perhaps swipe up instead of trying to touch the screen in the sweet spot lol?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

wierd, for some reason when i click the file, i just gives me a list of apps, and i don't get the question if i want to install.. How do i push to data/app?

That is weird. Are you using the standard file explorer? If not maybe try it. Also, maybe your download is corrupt? Try downloading again.. Sorry I can't be more help, it's difficult to know what's wrong without seeing it..

Andy, would it be possible to make the "app drawer" accessible from the bottom of the screen? To be able to perhaps swipe up instead of trying to touch the screen in the sweet spot lol?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

It would be possible, Do you mean, rather than having a choice of right, left or center the app drawer would run the full length of the bottom of the screen? Below the dock or above it?

Anyone?

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk

here is what andy said

Hi all..Bit of a change this week. Please read carefully. The MIUI Control Panel app is no longer a system APK. This means that I will no longer be including it in the weekly updates. You'll find it in the usual download directory. Download it and push to your sdcard and install like any other app. You only have to do this once, there's no need to do it every week.

With the app drawer pull down, is there any way to hide the icons on the homepage and other pages, or do I just have to install them all into a folder?

Thank you for this app,
Whiteice

With the app drawer pull down, is there any way to hide the icons on the homepage and other pages, or do I just have to install them all into a folder?

Thank you for this app,
Whiteice
settings . Personal . Access control. You can hide apps there but they will still show up in the app drawer

Finally got the app drawer working after flashing 50 times! seems like a good concept.
I think it would be cool to have an option to have recent or running applications in a dock in the pull down menu, or on another page by swiping right from the app drawer.

Thanks for this amazing mod!

When I kill all the apps the app drawer doesnt work untill I enable it again from the Miui Controll Panel

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hey Andy,
Thank you for your great mods, they're very useful.

Now I have a request for you: would you be able to add a direct access to wifi tethering in the controls layout of the notfication bar? That would be a gread addition

Surfinette

I think u should add an option to swipe accross or tap to access the app drawer.

by the way I love the new feature!!!!

I use it alot for multitasking cuz stock miui multitasking is slow.

dam Andy! u scray!!!! lol

thanks alot.

im not so sure where I can pull down the app drawer from..

i enabled it from the miui control panel. I dragged down everywhere on my screen and still cant find the app drawer D:

The miu control app doesn't work on my droid 1. It is installed perfectly, but none of the options work; except the battery one. I don't know why it won't let me apply everything

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The miu control app doesn't work on my droid 1. It is installed perfectly, but none of the options work; except the battery one. I don't know why it won't let me apply everything

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Sounds like you haven't installed the no_overscroll
File. You need that for everything to work.

im not so sure where I can pull down the app drawer from..

i enabled it from the miui control panel. I dragged down everywhere on my screen and still cant find the app drawer D:

it's a very small area, it has to be or you would pull it down when it wasn't needed. It's a fraction below the status bar. Keep trying.

I am having a problem with this mod.

Did a totally complete wipe and install of the new file in the OP that is the .apk

After installing, I reboot, then load this up. None of the selections I choose will stay/stick after selected.

Everytime I click on enable the app drawer, nothing happens. I choose left and it always says right.
I choose left or switched for my statusbar layout, but nothing happens.

I reboot after all this to see if anything happens, and absolutely nothing happens.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Whiteice

I finally managed to install the apk, but i can't get the app to work properly. I got the same problem when closing the app. When i close the app the settings will not stick. Also i cannot change the Statusbar layout or the carrier options.

i was having the same problem when i first tried to install apk file. nothing ever happened. but everything worked perfectly after i flashed the zip file.

Wich file did you flash? Was it the 1.11.18 zip?

I finally managed to install the apk, but i can't get the app to work properly. I got the same problem when closing the app. When i close the app the settings will not stick. Also i cannot change the Statusbar layout or the carrier options.

Wich file did you flash? Was it the 1.11.18 zip?

I think he was referring to the overscroll or no_overscroll zip...I wouldn't think it matters which order you install but it's worth a try..

I think he was referring to the overscroll or no_overscroll zip...I wouldn't think it matters which order you install but it's worth a try..

Ok, i figured it out and it finally works. It didn't say in the post that you actually have to flash the overscroll/no overscroll zip like normally, or maby i was to tired to get that ;)

Great work as always Andy! Impressed, even thou i won't be using the appdrawer it's a fine piece of work!

First of all, nice addon. But there is one bug. The battery indicator shown at top of the screen isn't showing the animation at the time of battery charging. Refer to the lockscreen to see the battery charging animation. Also would be great if you could give option to set color of the battery indicator defined by battery remaining percentage. After these implementations, I ain't looking back at any other ROM's. This will be so perfect.

PS: I can't figure out how to use the apparently drawer. YouTube video or step by step would help a lot.

Thank you once again for all the hard work you've done so far. :)

Sounds like you haven't installed the no_overscroll
File. You need that for everything to work.

I tried to flash the non-overscroll zip file. Unfortunately, every time I flash a file of yours, it will install perfectly but once my phone reboots, it goes to a bootloader black screen. I've emailed you about the issued before. Droid 1
Thanks andy for your amazing work
sent from my MIUIdroid-1- using TAPaTALK

It's about time someone implemented an app drawer. Great job!

Here's to the future of a more fluid version. Which I'm sure we can all be patient for

@Andy

I can't use launcher.apk with this mod, because of my screen (540x960) so I think I haven't app drawer, because I deleted launcher from zip, right?
Will you ever make version for Sensation screen (540x960)???

sent from my S-OFF'd Sensation

Status
Not open for further replies.