[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try going into the main settings and choosing a different battery style. Let me know if that works or not.

That worked! I want to add that after flashing the latest Extended settings zip you need to install the latest Extended setting .apk! Thanks Andy

I tried both ways as you said...didn't works :(

What do you mean by toggle on/off in ES coz there is just:graphical...percentage ..top bar...none

MIUI Control Panel App/ Statusbar Options/ Battery Options/ toggle ON to show battery. Then go to Settings/ System/ Battery Settings/ Battery Indicator Style.. Take you pick!

here is some pics from my app...there is no toggle on/off

20111127_143314.jpg20111127_143344.jpg

oooooh.........100% works;-) WITH THE NEW APK GUYS

thanx Andy.....

Cool. But if I try to install latest apk, it says "application not installed".

4e02107f-3c28-153c.jpg

How to install it? Or it should be pushed to /system/app?

Edit:
Pushed to /system/app, gave permission as other apks (644) chmod and chgrp to "root".

Then new apk works. But still strange thing I couldn't install in normally.

Sent from MIUI powered phone

Cool. But if I try to install latest apk, it says "application not installed".

4e02107f-3c28-153c.jpg

How to install it? Or it should be pushed to /system/app?

Sent from MIUI powered phone

Try uninstalling the old version first. it's no longer a system app, so if you are going to push it, push it to /data/app/

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Great work once again, Andy!

I only one tiny (okay two) request(s); Do you think you could try to 1. Increase the distance between the top bar and the first row of icons (or simply add a fading thing like at the bottom of the screen when not fully scrolled down) and/or 2. Make the background colour the same as the one of the statusbar once pulled down.

I also noticed the new charging animation when using a different colour than stock on the top-bar. Really adds to the professionalism your mod has (if that sentence makes sense, English is not my native language). I will actually donate once again because you are so very awesome! Expect some money coming your way soon :)

Once again, great work! Extended Settings and Volume+ really makes MIUI the awesome experience that it is, I don't know what my life would be like without them ^_^

Thank You so much for doing what you do!

The app drawer doesn't auto-load?

Even if I select the tab across to autostart it doesn't seem to save the setting? Apologies if this had been been answered before?

Dave

I only one tiny (okay two) request(s); Do you think you could try to 1. Increase the distance between the top bar and the first row of icons (or simply add a fading thing like at the bottom of the screen when not fully scrolled down) and/or 2. Make the background colour the same as the one of the statusbar once pulled down.

I also noticed the new charging animation when using a different colour than stock on the top-bar. Really adds to the professionalism your mod has (if that sentence makes sense, English is not my native language). I will actually donate once again because you are so very awesome! Expect some money coming your way soon :)

Once again, great work! Extended Settings and Volume+ really makes MIUI the awesome experience that it is, I don't know what my life would be like without them ^_^

+1 :)

And something to add;

When I play fruit ninja and my finger cross the top off screen, app drawer came in. I noticed its not disabled in fullscreen apps.

The app drawer doesn't auto-load?

Even if I select the tab across to autostart it doesn't seem to save the setting? Apologies if this had been been answered before?

Dave

I had this problem as well, I fixed it by rebooting into recovery, going to "advanced" and then "fix permissions". Then I cleared cache and dalvik-cache.

Hope this helps! :)

guys I tried to fix it ... it works everytime but for some reason i am this problem with latest ver. 11.25 miui.
i tried both overscroll and no overscroll but battery doesn't show up. no percentage no top bar or graphical view.
also tried to install apk file but still no help. I was unable to install apk file first but then i removed existing miuisetting.apk from /system/app apk file got installed then. but still no battery. :(
I m sure i m doing something wrong here. can anyone help ?

guys I tried to fix it ... it works everytime but for some reason i am this problem with latest ver. 11.25 miui.
i tried both overscroll and no overscroll but battery doesn't show up. no percentage no top bar or graphical view.
also tried to install apk file but still no help. I was unable to install apk file first but then i removed existing miuisetting.apk from /system/app apk file got installed then. but still no battery. :(
I m sure i m doing something wrong here. can anyone help ?

It's weird that the MIUIsettings.apk was in the system/app directory?? It should have been deleted when you upgraded to 1.11.25. If you are pushing the APK manually, make sure you push to /data/app/

Another thing to check is, are you sure you're using the latest version of the settings app? It should look like this below :-

20111128094814.jpg

If you have got the latest version, try turning the show battery toggle off, then back on again.

Hope this helps.. Let me know if it doesn't..

+1 :)

And something to add;

When I play fruit ninja and my finger cross the top off screen, app drawer came in. I noticed its not disabled in fullscreen apps.

I agree, that is annoying. It's happened to me a few times.. I've been looking into it, it's easy enough to disable when going full screen but I can't get it to start again when you come out of full screen. I'll keep trying but don't expect a quick fix on this one..

Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to get detailed feedback that makes sense rather than a one liner saying it's not working!!!
Anyway, I hadn't noticed that small gap at the top of the app drawer until you mentioned it, I'll look into that.
Andy

yes it looks like this ... i installed overscroll zip file in recovery first then i installed apk file.
now i have uninstalled apk file will flash overscroll zip again and then apk once again.
lets see if it works now.
will report back in a bit.

Edit : ok i removed miui settings from everywhere. installed zip in recovery again and then apk.
working now. battery was still not there but that is fixed by turning it off and on. :)

Thanks Andy.

Regards.,

It's weird that the MIUIsettings.apk was in the system/app directory?? It should have been deleted when you upgraded to 1.11.25. If you are pushing the APK manually, make sure you push to /data/app/

Another thing to check is, are you sure you're using the latest version of the settings app? It should look like this below :-

View attachment 3184

If you have got the latest version, try turning the show battery toggle off, then back on again.

Hope this helps.. Let me know if it doesn't..

awesome work.

i'm having some issues with custom carrier logo though. running latest 1.11.25 on HTC Sensation with your corresponding ES (overscroll). when i turn it on i just get a ribbon in the top left corner. isn't it supposed to go to default google logo? after i change the carrier_logo.png in systemui.apk it stays the same.
2t8Of.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed the ribbon disappears also after a while too. turning it off and on in MIUI Control panel brings it back again.

awesome work.

i'm having some issues with custom carrier logo though. running latest 1.11.25 on HTC Sensation with your corresponding ES (overscroll). when i turn it on i just get a ribbon in the top left corner. isn't it supposed to go to default google logo? after i change the carrier_logo.png in systemui.apk it stays the same.
2t8Of.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed the ribbon disappears also after a while too. turning it off and on in MIUI Control panel brings it back again.

Try changing to the default theme to see if the Google Logo appears. It's just an image like any other so it'll pickup the version from the theme is there is one. As for it disappearing, the carrier or logo will be hidden when you have notifications.

Hope that explains things? If you're still having issues let me know..

awesome work.

This is because it's included in my theme instead of carrier logo :))) If you don't want it, just delete it from com.android.systemui file/folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.