[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no changes in the modified files in 2.3.30 MIUI [GB] 2.3.7 version.

However, I prepared an update anyway. It contains new modification (disable scrollcache function, which makes scrolling much smoother). The rest of modifications remained unchanged (Extended Setting including MIUI Control Panel; modified Launcher; SpareParts; overscroll; volume+, T9 dialer search, ICS-like notifications slide-off, and maybe others, which I even don't remember now. ICS transitions animation was removed due to incompatibility problems with certain of phones.)

possible errors description (CWM flashing)
  • If someone has problem while flashing through CWM (code 0) then You need to override the 'update-binary' file (located in META-INF\com\google\android\ directory of this package) with this file unpacked from CWM package dedicated for Your phone (ex. newest rom package for your model).
  • Error 7 means unmounted system partition, mount it manually.

2.3.30 [GB] mods compilation

MOD_2.3.30_GB

MOD_2.3.30_GB - restore pack (in case of bootloop etc. flash this file via CWM to restore original system parts)

This is probably my last update of mods for MIUI. I hope You liked it.

Any reason why the files are now set to private? I'd like the control panel for 2.4.6!

You are lucky that I looked in on this forum. I did not know that you are still using these mods. I changed the access to the public. Download while you can :)

By the way, this mod works on all recent versions of MIUI 2.3.7. For MIUI v4 I do not do mods, because I do not use it in such an unstable version of what is at this time. So do not ask for it.

Hey! Im using latest version i found and im running MIUI 2.4.20 gingerbread on Desire S. It works alright but i get FC on entering "Network Type Selection" after installing it...

Help! I flashed this, but upon reboot the phone freezes on boot animation.
Any ideas?
To fix (well not really fix, but restore) just flash the miuiandroid_phone-2.x.x.zip that you were using prior to installing mod.

I just bit the bullet and installed MUIU-2.4.20 (which seems to be final for Defy) and the MUIU_2.3.30_MODs_signed.zip posted several pages back in this forum (by Kunon) seems to work fine. By seems, I mean, after a few mins of playing with it I can not find anything that does not work as expected. Really loving the fairly recent addition of the swipe away notifications feature.

Then only little things that make the stand alone mod better than the pack (well reasons why I don't install 4way and vol+) are the 4 way reboot into recovery boots into CWM4.0.1.4 instead of CWM5.0.2.7 and the vol+ does not let the phone wake instantly when the vol buttons are pressed, there is a small but annoying delay. (Defy has not so easy to press power while in otterbox)

;)

Now i downloaded the MUIU_2.3.30_MODs_signed.zip and flashed to my desire S running Miui 2.4.20 and everything seems pretty fine... No FCs BUT volume rocker wake isnt working anymore! ... Any tips?

Hey! Im using latest version i found and im running MIUI 2.4.20 gingerbread on Desire S. It works alright but i get FC on entering "Network Type Selection" after installing it...

is the option in
settings>system>button settings> volume rocker wake on?
just a thought...

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Yes its on... And as far as ive looked, it seems android.policy.jar is the reason for that its not working anymore.

is the option in
settings>system>button settings> volume rocker wake on?
just a thought...

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Eh... Just grab Andy Thomson I9000 rom and extract ics control panel app (to install as normal app) and modified MiuiSystemUi.apk to replace with the one in your rom.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus S za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Open Andys rom for I9000 and copy /system/app/MiuiSystemUi.apk to your pc. Then put this file in the exact place in your rom and flash. Or replace the file with adb push.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus S za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Well there's always some place for errors. This app is from Nexus S (as Andy uses NS as a base). But It should work, because most of MIUI apps are the same on every device. Not all but most...

Status
Not open for further replies.