[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Andy,

I don't know if this has been asked before but is it possible to include an option to remove the signal bars and the 3G or 4G icon?

Love this mod! I can see why others say that they can't use MIUI without it.

Updated my Desire to 1.10.21 and flashed the ESCenter.V1.zip in recovery. Working great, thanks very much Andy.

I have flashed the EESwitchedv1.zip and the MIUI Extended Settings app is not on anybody my home screens. To get to it I have to search for it and then open it through the search function. By no means a deal breaker but felt I should let everyone know in case they had the same issue.

Sent from my Batphone...HTC Evo 4G.

I have flashed the EESwitchedv1.zip and the MIUI Extended Settings app is not on anybody my home screens. To get to it I have to search for it and then open it through the search function. By no means a deal breaker but felt I should let everyone know in case they had the same issue.

Sent from my Batphone...HTC Evo 4G.

It's been reported before. Is it hidden behind another icon?

I installed this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?wo9p6s2d79atosv

On my Evo 4G and it caused a bunch of system.ui fc's, launcher fc's etc. Status bar did not appear and the phone froze.

Had to nandroid back :(

EDIT:

I try installing the overscroll right v1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?z0vv21qbonjby3r), same thing, system.ui FC, no status bar appeared, phone froze for a little bit. I just nandroid back again.

I'm aware of the issue. For anyone getting status bar FC's, try setting the clock to 24hour format.
I'll try and get a fix out tomorrow morning.

Thanks Andy for the update.

At first status bar was white, but when I went to color settings and changed it, I got it fixed. It's a nice feature, but not perfect yet if I'm using transparent alpha values.
Although, i have request if you could make a separate color picker for 'lockscreen statusbar' and 'normal statusbar'. An ability to make (for example) half transparent black 'lockscreen statusbar' and leave default colors for normal statusbar would be just great :)

Thanks!

Works great on my Defy. Had a small panic moment when status bar was all white, but adjusting the settings for status bar colour fixed this. I always use 24he clock, so have had no probs.

Thanks for your work.

Inc S - white bar or FC

Hello Andy?
I'll trying all thing what you wrote here. And nothing change. White bar, when i trying open your app - FC. Help plz.

ps. time setting is always 24h.

LG O2X - MIUI settings FC

I have this problem too. Here is a logcat:
Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 6100): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 6100): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4
0015568)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity Co
mponentInfo{com.miui.control.panel/com.miui.control.panel.Main}: java.lang.NullP
ointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActiv
ity(ActivityThread.java:1664)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivi
ty(ActivityThread.java:1680)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(Activi
tyThread.java:117)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Ac
tivityThread.java:931)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.ja
va:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThrea
d.java:3703)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native
Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:5
07)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndA
rgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Zygot
eInit.java:599)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6100): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at com.miui.control.panel.Main.onCreate(Main.jav
a:756)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCre
ate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActiv
ity(ActivityThread.java:1628)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6100):        ... 11 more
W/ActivityManager( 1483):   Force finishing activity com.miui.control.panel/.Mai
n
W/ActivityManager( 1483): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{40bd3f50 com.
miui.control.panel/.Main}

All works =)

I rewrite MIUI Settings by previous version(from 1.10.14), changed colors and all works!

Thanks Andy for the update.

At first status bar was white, but when I went to color settings and changed it, I got it fixed. It's a nice feature, but not perfect yet if I'm using transparent alpha values.
Although, i have request if you could make a separate color picker for 'lockscreen statusbar' and 'normal statusbar'. An ability to make (for example) half transparent black 'lockscreen statusbar' and leave default colors for normal statusbar would be just great :)

Thanks!

Hi..I agree, it would be nice to have separate controls for the different statusbars. I'll look to add that next week.
Can you explain a bit more what the issue is with using transparent alpha values?

any i have a italian rom and when i install your mode, the launcher became english
can i delete launcher.apk from your mod? or it's necessary?
have you decided for add a option for show date as carrier?

Hi..I agree, it would be nice to have separate controls for the different statusbars. I'll look to add that next week.
Can you explain a bit more what the issue is with using transparent alpha values?
Sure, screens will be the best to explain.

Lock screen and home are ok (for example 50% transparent black).

But, if you go to any app, status bar gets light-grey:
20111023163536.jpg

It looks better in default way:
20111023163515.jpg

And it also makes status bar in notifications light grey instead of white:
20111023163546.jpg

I know that's the way how it works - you choose color and this color goes everywhere.
The default MIUI statusbar uses 'multicoloring' (white in notification, half-transparent in homescreen, black in apps, full-transparent at lockscreen). I like this default way, except that full-transparent in lockscreen (when using white wallpapers) - that's why I asked for separate color pickers ;)

Sorry for my english, hope you understood :)
Cheers!

Has anyone else noticed that the battery top-bar disappears when apps are full screen? I mean it'll only display when showing the home screen.

MIUI-XJ Desire

Status
Not open for further replies.