Moonlight roms[Linaro- sabermod toolchain]

I tried all the three roms, I felt AOSB is not smooth enough compare to Beanstalk & PAC-MAN. PAC-MAN has a lot of features, but some are duplicate and for some reason(maybe my setting) it can't boot up, so Beanstalk was kept at last, its ANTUTU benchmark is 258xx(just for reference) and battery is just ok, I will keep on testing for some time.

I tried all the three roms, I felt AOSB is not smooth enough compare to Beanstalk & PAC-MAN. PAC-MAN has a lot of features, but some are duplicate and for some reason(maybe my setting) it can't boot up, so Beanstalk was kept at last, its ANTUTU benchmark is 258xx(just for reference) and battery is just ok, I will keep on testing for some time.
so how is your opinion about the battery life after a while (beanstalk)?
in his website he stated it is BETA, have you found any bug yet?
anyway, IMHO, the name should be KITstalk since it is based on kitkat, LOL :D reminding me slimBEAN to slimKAT ROM change:D

Update 29 March 2014
NEW ROMS by Moonlight! (i dont know why this guy have so many roms product, instead giving 1 custom rom:))

I. CARBON 4.4.23 ROM
Carbon4.4.2 some features brief:1 unified dynamic wallpaper
2.carbon cool black options, support for switching
3 lock screen notifications.
4.carbon menu settings
5 Status Bar option: contains the status bar network speed, clock and date settings Battery setting options to customize the status bar color, notification drawer, pull-down menus, status bar layout settings
6.pie support
7. power menu option
8. supports enable and disable the navigation bar at the bottom
9. lock screen settings and key settings
10. buttons Set
11.cm10 clock weather plug

Download
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dD8AY9F

source: http://roms.blog.163.com/blog/static/206853126201422915034345/

II. Unofficial Mokee 44.2 0329 version by Moonlight
Based on open-source projects Mokee44.2 3.28 days compiling production, brought to power since, SMS attribution, lunar and other support functions, perfect T9

Download
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJPlCrL

source: http://roms.blog.163.com/blog/static/206853126201422922317192/

Carbon! ! Hoping on a liquid smooth too!

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Update 29 March 2014
NEW ROMS by Moonlight! (i dont know why this guy have so many roms product, instead giving 1 custom rom:))

I. CARBON 4.4.23 ROM
Carbon4.4.2 some features brief:1 unified dynamic wallpaper
2.carbon cool black options, support for switching
3 lock screen notifications.
4.carbon menu settings
5 Status Bar option: contains the status bar network speed, clock and date settings Battery setting options to customize the status bar color, notification drawer, pull-down menus, status bar layout settings
6.pie support
7. power menu option
8. supports enable and disable the navigation bar at the bottom
9. lock screen settings and key settings
10. buttons Set
11.cm10 clock weather plug

Download
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dD8AY9F

source: http://roms.blog.163.com/blog/static/206853126201422915034345/

II. Unofficial Mokee 44.2 0329 version by Moonlight
Based on open-source projects Mokee44.2 3.28 days compiling production, brought to power since, SMS attribution, lunar and other support functions, perfect T9

Download
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJPlCrL

source: http://roms.blog.163.com/blog/static/206853126201422922317192/
I would prefer if he just focused on one good rom and made it stable and fast

Reactions: phani and paulrlz
We have already who did this, let's enjoy the constantly changing list of moonlight lol

@phani : isnt better if you update the op with new roms?

Last edited:
We have already who did this, let's enjoy the constantly changing list of moonlight lol

@phani : isnt better if you update the op with new roms?

Hey I've updated :), I think we posted simultaneously ( Co-incidence )

Edit : If you have a tried Carbon, let us know its performance also i think he might have compiled Mokee with latest compiler and some optimization flags

i will try mokee & carbon today, i hope they will be fast & smooth

Ok i will try carbon and will give feedback tomorrow morning :) You try Mokee first, Mainly i want to know the smoothness, by the way use ART as runtime, I've been using ART since i switched to 4.4 and every rom is smooth for me even Cofface CM 11 ( My daily rom) every one complained its not smooth
But for me in ART, its smooth and battery is too good ( 1d + 4.5hrs screen + 1hr calls )

Ok i will try carbon and will give feedback tomorrow morning :) You try Mokee first, Mainly i want to know the smoothness, by the way use ART as runtime, I've been using ART since i switched to 4.4 and every rom is smooth for me even Cofface CM 11 ( My daily rom) every one complained its not smooth
But for me in ART, its smooth and battery is too good ( 1d + 4.5hrs screen + 1hr calls )

ok i'll try mokee today

is ART even stable to use?

i have tried Carbon. i can say this is very fast and smooth, compared to AOSB (also from moonlight) however, the battery drain a little bit fast too, and for me DSP manager FC when playing music (there is no music player apps, so i install 3rd party apps). i do like the notification style on lockscreen.

Installed carbon, intalled gapps, when screen goes off cant set it back on, have to reboot, constant systemui FCs since first reboot, my system 2 is free again...

i want to use that new live wallpaper from carbon in mokee

how can i do that?

edit: nevermind i got it. just take the blueballs.apk from carbon rom zip & install it on mokee

Last edited:
Installed carbon, intalled gapps, when screen goes off cant set it back on, have to reboot, constant systemui FCs since first reboot, my system 2 is free again...
It seems that you flashed big gapps package. Flash slim gapps :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: enyx.es
Yes, I didn't encounter a bug from past 14 days, I'm using cofface rom from 16th
So I will try art... The bad is that I have to unistalll xposed, and without it, I can't use advanced greenefy options. Btw, I'm using carbon rom now, and it seems smooth and battery friendly

Love carbon so far. It seems a bit more mature than pacman. Netflix works with this one while on pac it would crash. The performance options now stick while on pac it was a crap shoot whether msm-dcvs would still work after a reboot and if it did, at what frequency.

Love carbon so far. It seems a bit more mature than pacman. Netflix works with this one while on pac it would crash. The performance options now stick while on pac it was a crap shoot whether msm-dcvs would still work after a reboot and if it did, at what frequency.
So I will try art... The bad is that I have to unistalll xposed, and without it, I can't use advanced greenefy options. Btw, I'm using carbon rom now, and it seems smooth and battery friendly
yeah, for me Carbon also works very smooth, fast, and quick response. wonder why @enyx.es has constant FC. the only FC for me is DSP manager. BUT, in my phone, Carbon is the worst Kitkat ROM in terms of battery life i have ever tried. in only 2 hours, iddle condition, it drops 8%. i have used greenify, 2G, and even underclock to max 1242 MHz. using wakelock detector, the most android process consuming is "1013" specifically "audioMix". is this also happen to both of you @paulrlz @doomedahab ?thanks
Edit: using WIUI, the best battery life ROM for me, it also show "1013" as the most android process consumer, but not "Audio mix" instead, "audioout_2"
Edit2: is that because of i use Viper4Android?

Last edited:
yeah, for me Carbon also works very smooth, fast, and quick response. wonder why @enyx.es has constant FC. the only FC for me is DSP manager. BUT, in my phone, Carbon is the worst Kitkat ROM in terms of battery life i have ever tried. in only 2 hours, iddle condition, it drops 8%. i have used greenify, 2G, and even underclock to max 1242 MHz. using wakelock detector, the most android process consuming is "1013" specifically "audioMix". is this also happen to both of you @paulrlz @doomedahab ?thanks
Edit: using WIUI, the best battery life ROM for me, it also show "1013" as the most android process consumer, but not "Audio mix" instead, "audioout_2"
Edit2: is that because of i use Viper4Android?
I have to test it better. I m also curious to try mokee