Moonlight roms[Linaro- sabermod toolchain]

yeah, for me Carbon also works very smooth, fast, and quick response. wonder why @enyx.es has constant FC. the only FC for me is DSP manager. BUT, in my phone, Carbon is the worst Kitkat ROM in terms of battery life i have ever tried. in only 2 hours, iddle condition, it drops 8%. i have used greenify, 2G, and even underclock to max 1242 MHz. using wakelock detector, the most android process consuming is "1013" specifically "audioMix". is this also happen to both of you @paulrlz @doomedahab ?thanks
Edit: using WIUI, the best battery life ROM for me, it also show "1013" as the most android process consumer, but not "Audio mix" instead, "audioout_2"
Edit2: is that because of i use Viper4Android?

Yes, battery is not so good on carbon, Idle drain is little high then cofface CM 11 and AOSP
But performance wise its awesome :)

Next got a try Mokee

Edit : The main cause for battery drain is, Its not getting into deep sleep immediately the phone is locked, Its taking few mins before getting that state

Yes, battery is not so good on carbon, Idle drain is little high then cofface CM 11 and AOSP
But performance wise its awesome :)

Next got a try Mokee

Edit : The main cause for battery drain is, Its not getting into deep sleep immediately the phone is locked, Its taking few mins before getting that state
yeah, this "audiomix" wakelock and battery drain issue frustating me. anyway, the smoothness and the response is superb. AOSP and Mokee has better battery life, but i will miss the feature "lockscreen notification" in Carbon ROM. i do like this feature :(
if it doesnt get into deep sleep immediately, can i fix that using different CPU governor?

yeah, this "audiomix" wakelock and battery drain issue frustating me. anyway, the smoothness and the response is superb. AOSP and Mokee has better battery life, but i will miss the feature "lockscreen notification" in Carbon ROM. i do like this feature :(
if it doesnt get into deep sleep immediately, can i fix that using different CPU governor?

Yeah , I also love Carbon rom, but battery is not so good. You can give a try, but on-demand is the best governor available and i observed drain in the same one.

Right now I'm going to try http://www.miui.com/thread-1688961-1-1.html this one

Actually battery in mokee isn't very good, but it's good enough for me to use as daily rom for now. Hopefully next updates will make battery better.

Actually battery in mokee isn't very good, but it's good enough for me to use as daily rom for now. Hopefully next updates will make battery better.

If the changelog has an kernel change, like using akiba wind (Ivan's) kernel, then battery life will be good.
Roms that use AOSP kernel are Cofface CM 11 and the above mentioned CM 11 Black rice rom, I think pac from moonlight also uses the same kernel but pac is highly unstable and i personally don't like pac.

I hope someone builds slimkat/carbon with ivan's kernel and some compiler optimization options, Till then stick to CM 11, very stable and very battery friendly and very fast with ART :)

Yeah , I also love Carbon rom, but battery is not so good. You can give a try, but on-demand is the best governor available and i observed drain in the same one.

Right now I'm going to try http://www.miui.com/thread-1688961-1-1.html this one

now i will try using MSM-DCVS governor and underclock to 1242 MHz to see if it is better. i have browsed the internet about AudioMix wakelock and it may be possibly caused by touch sound. so i will also disable any touch sound. i will update the report for this trial.

it seems the battery drain on Carbon ROM slightly lower using the tricks. here is what i've done (but may not work)
- use MSM-DCVS governor
- undervolt to 1242 Mhz
- DISABLE all touch sound. including lock-unlock. this will prevent audiomix wakelock for me.
- greenify FM radio (optional, i dont use it)
Note, i havent tried ART eventhough many said it will save more battery and gives more performance, because i still use Xposed :(

for DSP manager stop responding problem, i re-flash this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/app-apollo-dsp-manager-4-4-t2516306
it works on some music file, but may not works for other file, weird.

I'll try Carbon latter today, last week I've tried BeanStalk and AOSB, and the last was the best in features, but I think that have some drain. There is no way to reduce the drain? I was thinking in changing to ART but the greenify ueses Xposed and the MSM-DCVS I don't see much differences, any other tip?

I'll try Carbon latter today, last week I've tried BeanStalk and AOSB, and the last was the best in features, but I think that have some drain. There is no way to reduce the drain? I was thinking in changing to ART but the greenify ueses Xposed and the MSM-DCVS I don't see much differences, any other tip?
previously i also use AOSB. i have to agree that it is best in features. but i think many of them provide basically same function. and also, AOSB slightly laggy. so i switch to Carbon. the features are not much, but everything is unique. the best thing is, it is very smooth and fast. unfortunately, the battery drain is the fastest i have ever experienced. after using wakelock detector, i found that audioMix causes many wakelocks.
yeah, i also want to switch to ART, but i still need greenify and Xposed :/
now i still find a way to reduce the battery drain.

It seems that you flashed big gapps package. Flash slim gapps :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk
OK that seems to work intalled carbon again will test for 2-3 days and will report back

Enviado desde mi MI 2 mediante Tapatalk

For carbon rom , simply disable poket mode on carbon fiber / lockscreen, switch to art and you re done
4ute3yny.jpg

I have good battery life, and good speed (better with art compiler) .

Last edited:
For carbon rom , simply disable poket mode on carbon fiber / lockscreen, switch to art and you re done
I have good battery life, and good speed (better with art compiler) .
i want to switch to ART, but my consideration, i need xposed. i need it to configure hardware keys,i.e go to sleep by double tap menu key. in Mokee, i can do that by using button function. in Carbon/CM11, there is no option to use "go to sleep". is there other way to do this?
EDIT: forget it..now i switched to art :)

Last edited:
Battery is not the best, but isn't bad at all
hu5ehady.jpg

my3epe3a.jpg

I installed Carbon, good rom but will not charge the battery
what do you mean by will not charge the battery? nothing happen when you charge?thats weird. mine is normal (can charge normally), but drain fast.

what do you mean by will not charge the battery? nothing happen when you charge?thats weird. mine is normal (can charge normally), but drain fast.
Yes, i ve switched to moonlight cm11.. I hope in a better battery drain

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, i ve switched to moonlight cm11.. I hope in a better battery drain

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
i think i will stick to this Carbon ROM for a while. after some setting, i get an acceptable battery drain (not as fast as before). this ROM provides me features that i need.

LED turns on to recharge, but flashes intermittently fast, and not charging the battery. On miui (system 2 with TDB enabled) charging perfectly.
I went back to Mokee that recharges the battery perfectly ... really strange

LED turns on to recharge, but flashes intermittently fast, and not charging the battery. On miui (system 2 with TDB enabled) charging perfectly.
I went back to Mokee that recharges the battery perfectly ... really strange
that's strange. i also have TDB enabled with WIUI on system 2. in Carbon while charging: led turns on, battery indicator animated normally, and the battery percentage increased. and also, no LED flashes.

Never tried carbon ROM and I liked very much. Two things I've found. When i focus the camera with flash two times, the second time the flash won't turn on. The second is this kernel don't like deep sleep, so battery life is not good. Would like to see this ROM with @M1cha kernel.
No problems with battery charging.

Enviado desde mi MI 2S mediante Tapatalk

Never tried carbon ROM and I liked very much. Two things I've found. When i focus the camera with flash two times, the second time the flash won't turn on. The second is this kernel don't like deep sleep, so battery life is not good. Would like to see this ROM with @M1cha kernel.
No problems with battery charging.

yeah, it needs longer time to get deep sleep. or maybe any wakelocks that causing this?
great idea if someone port using M1cha's or even Ivan's kernel :)

Battery is actually quite ok for me on Carbon. After 9,5 hours I still have 77% left with 35 mins screen time. It seems to me that deep sleep works fine. I am using art runtime

Update 1 April 2014
PACMAN ROM by Moonlight
based on pacman 3 March 30, 2009 Source
Update log:

April 1:
1 update to the latest code pacman code
2 drivers and kernel small part of the update.
3 further localization strings
4 using o3 optimizing compiler script
5 system program automatically odex compilation process optimization, improve program efficiency

Pac-man feature set:
1 Status Bar - displays the percentage of single cells.
2 notification drawer, contextual notification panels.
3 Dynamic Display: Pocket mode.
4.init.d script optimization options: many optimization options
5.build.prop optimization setting options
6 recent memory task settings option
7 set - the key and volume keys wake up the device settings.
8 app privacy:. program permission settings, you can restrict third-party software and system privileges
9 Advanced reboot: Set - Development There were mode is enabled
10.PAC console
11 re-edit the layout of the desktop ui
12 speed display the status bar: Settings - Interface - status bar which enabled 13: Custom Operator: Settings - Interface - Notification Drawer - Custom Operations Manufacturers
14 lock screen notification15 custom operator support: Settings - Interface - notification drawer16 custom progress bar.
17 ribbons.

Download:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bn3p3PH
source:
http://roms.blog.163.com/blog/static/2068531262014310282577/

Reactions: dextructor
Update 1 April 2014
PACMAN ROM by Moonlight
based on pacman 3 March 30, 2009 Source
Update log:

April 1:
1 update to the latest code pacman code
2 drivers and kernel small part of the update.
3 further localization strings
4 using o3 optimizing compiler script
5 system program automatically odex compilation process optimization, improve program efficiency

Pac-man feature set:
1 Status Bar - displays the percentage of single cells.
2 notification drawer, contextual notification panels.
3 Dynamic Display: Pocket mode.
4.init.d script optimization options: many optimization options
5.build.prop optimization setting options
6 recent memory task settings option
7 set - the key and volume keys wake up the device settings.
8 app privacy:. program permission settings, you can restrict third-party software and system privileges
9 Advanced reboot: Set - Development There were mode is enabled
10.PAC console
11 re-edit the layout of the desktop ui
12 speed display the status bar: Settings - Interface - status bar which enabled 13: Custom Operator: Settings - Interface - Notification Drawer - Custom Operations Manufacturers
14 lock screen notification15 custom operator support: Settings - Interface - notification drawer16 custom progress bar.
17 ribbons.

Download:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bn3p3PH
source:
http://roms.blog.163.com/blog/static/2068531262014310282577/
Poket mode is the major cause of battery drain in carbon rom.. Btw I hope that this build is more battery friendly than the oldest one.

Inviato dal mio LG-V500 utilizzando Tapatalk

Un art happens the same as dalvik the kernel don't like deep sleep