New Phone arrived, best setup tips?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by konoba, Apr 16, 2014.

1. konoba

konobaMembers

Mar 5, 2014
    Female
    Hi all,

So after all most 2 months wait and a nice €80 customs charge :(, phone finally arrived. Yeah, yeah I can just imagine everyone shaking their heads. Luck of the draw I guess. Anyway, totally new to this type of phone and wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice on setting it up. I'm not into games etc, so really just best set up for English language use, phone, camera and wi-fi and gps. How do I set up to get weekly updates, good apps to download etc. Any tips, most helpful and appreciated or indeed point in direction of threads etc :)

2. shocks

shocksMembers

Feb 6, 2014
    Male
    Student
    Taiwan
    Hi konoba, welcome!
    android phone gives a lot customization and set up. this will depends on the functionality for the user. but since you have stated
    first thing, i assume you want to stick to stock ROM, MIUI. (i suggest you install the developer version to get root of MIUI)
    you will notified for the OTA weekly update. if not, just go through the updater apps.
    you need to find the best combination of the setting so that your performs well while gives good battery life.
    for me myself, since mostly i connect to wifi, i turn off data plan and use 2G only. also use internet positioning instead of GPS.
    many things to explore. i suggest you get familiar first, and try all set up. i do this for the first week when my phone arrived, lol.
    for the advanced trial, try using custom rom :)

3. konoba

konobaMembers

Mar 5, 2014
    Female
    Shocks, many thanks both for the welcome and the advice. I am excited to try out the phone. Thanks again ;)

4. erlkönig

erlkönigMembers

Aug 6, 2013
    I would flash cwm, enable true dual Boot and then flash cm11 in sys1 and wiui on sys2.

5. jauling

jaulingMembers

who did you buy your mi2s from, and what country do you live? im quite surprised you got slapped with a customs charge. i suspect the gift wrapping was not good enough? ;)

6. RobinHood00

Oct 28, 2013
    Read this :) It's all you want!
    http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/gigabytes.24063/page-2#post-204416

7. konoba

konobaMembers

Mar 5, 2014
    Female
    Hi there, I bought from ******* and I live in Ireland. I choose the slower method of post through Singapore Post. I knew that it would take longer for sure but I had courier before for other items and had to pay big money. I had used Singapore post before and wait was only few weeks and no charge. Just not lucky this time - almost 8 weeks wait and almost €100 charge :eek: But on the positive side, happy with phone so far.

8. konoba

konobaMembers

Mar 5, 2014
    Female
    Thanks to everyone for all your advice and tips. Sending virtual good karma :D

Share Our Site