(NEW) Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro -- ROM update

Soooo, now what?
I've bought a Redmi 6 Pro 2 weeks ago, finally was able to unlock it, but has 9.6.17.0 installed... Would like to install the latest EU build 8.8.9.. But obviously wouldn't want to brick my device..

Wich leads me to the ultimate question... Can I install this version? If not, then what? If yes, then how?

Don't even try to install from 9.6.17.0, you will brick it.

Don't even try to install from 9.6.17.0, you will brick it.
How is it possible when you upgrade from MIUI 9 to MIUI 10?
It was reported recently that Xiaomi had introduced the anti-rollback feature to Redmi 6 Pro models running MIUI 10 China Development ROM version 8.7.30 as well as models running the Stable ROM version 9.6.16 and above.
Is MIUI 10 newer than MIUI 9?

From TWRP how can I know which version I have?
Please check the video, that's the only thing I can see right now @ovpshka
I cannot access to Xiaomi MIUI as I've already done the factory reset.

So just like other people i got my account bricked(black screen and the LED flashing while connected to my PC). Does someone know how to unbrick it?

So just like other people i got my account bricked(black screen and the LED flashing while connected to my PC). Does someone know how to unbrick it?
Can I know which China rom did you come from? And which rom did you flash? Did you flash by using Mi Flash or TWRP?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Im not sure but i updated to the latest version possible. I flashed the: xiaomi.eu_multi_HM6Pro_8.7.19_v10-8.1 ROM and i flashed it via TWRP
I guess it is possible that firmware version after you updated latest version of CN rom is newer than firmware in xiaomi.eu rom. I'm not sure how to check firmware version of a rom or a phone.

I guess it is possible that firmware version after you updated latest version of CN rom is newer than firmware in xiaomi.eu rom. I'm not sure how to check firmware version of a rom or a phone.

Yeah, i found out that your mobile gets bricked if you installed to an older version than is installed on the mobile, but don't know how to unbrick my phone.

Yeah, i found out that your mobile gets bricked if you installed to an older version than is installed on the mobile, but don't know how to unbrick my phone.
Can't you still get into fastboot mode?
Just hold power + vol-down for a long time...

How can I check if my phone is anti-rollback? How can I check the version of the MIUI or ROM from the TWRP mode?

I am currently at this stage:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't know what to do at this stage and need to know if my phone would get bricked or not.

@ovpshka thanks for your support!

Hi everyone. I received my redmi 6 pro today. It's on MIUI 9.6.6.0
I unlocked bootloader right away. and downloaded latest HM6PRO rom(xiaomi.eu_multi_HM6Pro_8.8.9_v10-8.1) but I'm afraid to break the phone. I flashed recovery and boot into recovery was successful. the new rom will work? or should I stop flashing?

I think you guys can check anti-rollback on your devices by using command: fastboot getvar anti, like Redmi note 5 pro.

Hi everyone. I received my redmi 6 pro today. It's on MIUI 9.6.6.0
I unlocked bootloader right away. and downloaded latest HM6PRO rom(xiaomi.eu_multi_HM6Pro_8.8.9_v10-8.1) but I'm afraid to break the phone. I flashed recovery and boot into recovery was successful. the new rom will work? or should I stop flashing?

Which recovery you flashed? Twrp?
If Twrp, from where you download it? I also need Twrp for Redmi 6 pro?

Hi Everybody,

Same issue than you,
It sounds I used a firmware older (xiaomi.eu_multi_HM6Pro_8.7.26_v10-8.1) than the Chinese ROM already installed on my device and that it bricked it (I updated it a week ago through MIUI) .

My symtoms are:
- "no effect at all unde any combination of long or short press on any button"
- and "blinking notification LED when connected on PC or charger"

I thought It was because I removed my USB cable to short after process, but so many people having the smae problem at same time shows we are actually suffering of common effects.

Mmmmmh.
When it is Bricked this way, is there a physicall way to flash the ROM? (I mean by opening the device and fashing the Chip directly?)
I will go tomorrow to XiaoMi Store and play dumb asking for warranty...
And if it does not work, try to go to "electronic city" in GuangZhou to make them flash it "physically".

I will give you my feedback then.

PS: does anybody knows how to say in Chinese, "bricked phone" and "Flash ROM"?

Hi Everybody,

Same issue than you,
It sounds I used a firmware older (xiaomi.eu_multi_HM6Pro_8.7.26_v10-8.1) than the Chinese ROM already installed on my device and that it bricked it (I updated it a week ago through MIUI) .

My symtoms are:
- "no effect at all unde any combination of long or short press on any button"
- and "blinking notification LED when connected on PC or charger"

I thought It was because I removed my USB cable to short after process, but so many people having the smae problem at same time shows we are actually suffering of common effects.

Mmmmmh.
When it is Bricked this way, is there a physicall way to flash the ROM? (I mean by opening the device and fashing the Chip directly?)
I will go tomorrow to XiaoMi Store and play dumb asking for warranty...
And if it does not work, try to go to "electronic city" in GuangZhou to make them flash it "physically".

I will give you my feedback then.

PS: does anybody knows how to say in Chinese, "bricked phone" and "Flash ROM"?

Dear All,

Good afternoon,

I went to Xiaomi Service Center,
(the one in GuangZhou, TianHe district is located at 3rd Floor of Renfeng Tower at ShiPaiQiao metro station)
They repared it within one hour.
According to the little information I understood, they replaced the mother board?

So... It is possible to Unbrick the cellphone in the situation mentionned above.

However, I come back at the very beginning of the process.

It's confusing. As I read more, I understand that MIUI 10 is 8.x.x branch of the ROM. This ROM is only available in beta...
Then there is de MIUI 9 version, that would be the 9.x.x branch of the ROM.. Weird to have a newer version on a lower version number, but ok, I guess that is what it is...
Now Xiaomi has enabled the newer anti-rollback feature, also referred to as V4... You cannot install anything older, so you would need a ROM with V4 security or you will brick your device... However. It is totally unclear what EU ROM contains V4... I'm guessing it isn't available at all just now.. But it would be better if the developers created a post explaining all this and telling us what to do... At this time I'm happy to wait another couple of weeks for a new EU ROM that is installable on my Redmi 6 pro... Don't want to risk bricking it at all...
Also, I'm not so keen on MIUI 10 now either, having an EU ROM with MIUI 9 would be just fine at this moment...

So, xiaomi.eu devs, please, give us the clarity we need :)

And ultimately, please provide us a installable ROM that doesn't brick our devices :-D

Thanks!

Reactions: admirir
Dear All,

It sounds that there is no more news on this topic?

Maybe the wisest is to wait for the developpers to release a ROM based on the latest China ROM version and not to update anything on our phone by this time?

I wish you all a good day

Here is the Solution:

Download the RAR File i´ve attched.
Copy the 2 Files into your ADB Folder on your Computer.
Open flash_twrp.bat (Fastboot Mode)
Copy the xiaomi.eu rom on a SD Card
In Recovery make a Factory Reset
Install the Rom
When it´s Finish press restart
After the Boot into Recovery, hold the Power Button for a few Seconds for a Complete Restart.

Finish ;-)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wravHQ9dvn6u_aGz3g4T6RY_cCudtv_G/view?usp=sharing
i did what you said until open flash_twrp.bat after that my phone started in twrp mode and now i dont have sd card and i try sideload but its not workıng...pleas help me

Soooo, now what?
I've bought a Redmi 6 Pro 2 weeks ago, finally was able to unlock it, but has 9.6.17.0 installed... Would like to install the latest EU build 8.8.9.. But obviously wouldn't want to brick my device..

Wich leads me to the ultimate question... Can I install this version? If not, then what? If yes, then how?

Yes, I have done exactly this. But 8.8.9 / 8.8.16 are really buggy. I would wait for the next releases ...

It's confusing. As I read more, I understand that MIUI 10 is 8.x.x branch of the ROM. This ROM is only available in beta...
Then there is de MIUI 9 version, that would be the 9.x.x branch of the ROM.. Weird to have a newer version on a lower version number, but ok, I guess that is what it is...
Now Xiaomi has enabled the newer anti-rollback feature, also referred to as V4... You cannot install anything older, so you would need a ROM with V4 security or you will brick your device... However. It is totally unclear what EU ROM contains V4... I'm guessing it isn't available at all just now.. But it would be better if the developers created a post explaining all this and telling us what to do... At this time I'm happy to wait another couple of weeks for a new EU ROM that is installable on my Redmi 6 pro... Don't want to risk bricking it at all...
Also, I'm not so keen on MIUI 10 now either, having an EU ROM with MIUI 9 would be just fine at this moment...

So, xiaomi.eu devs, please, give us the clarity we need :)

And ultimately, please provide us a installable ROM that doesn't brick our devices :-D

Thanks!

Agree! Would be great to know this. Many different opinions in various forums. And I really would like to get rid of this MIUI 10 - but rollback to MIUI 9 seems to be impossible because of this anti-rollback-"***"!?

Hi friends, i've been unlock Redmi 6 Pro, and i install TWRP then the Mu.eu ROM and i didn't install the Lazyflasher, after the reboot my phone want able to turn on, enter recovery mode or fastboot , and when i connect it with the PC the LED start to flashing

Dear All,

Good afternoon,

I went to Xiaomi Service Center,
(the one in GuangZhou, TianHe district is located at 3rd Floor of Renfeng Tower at ShiPaiQiao metro station)
They repared it within one hour.
According to the little information I understood, they replaced the mother board?

So... It is possible to Unbrick the cellphone in the situation mentionned above.

However, I come back at the very beginning of the process.
Howmuch did you repair it