Newbie Guide for flashing proper ENG MIUI on Xiaomi M2

Monky91

Members
Sep 26, 2012
Hi guys,

Newbie here, first time in getting my own android smartphone (finally)... Been reading some of the threads (tutorials), but all are assuming you have a basic knowledge with flashing.

I personally has no experience in flashing, like whether xiaomi m2 was rooted by default etc. Would anyone guide me to a link where it has steps by steps tutorials like the one here: http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/how-to-update-upgrade-miui.15424/

Thanks.

but by installing the lang pack you get extra features like 5-way reboot and rotation in built-in sms app.

Guys, was wondering, let say I flash to 3.1.18 version, and sometimes in the near future, 3.2 version come up with some cool feature, do I need to flash again? or there is a simpler way to update (like windows update)

Guys, was wondering, let say I flash to 3.1.18 version, and sometimes in the near future, 3.2 version come up with some cool feature, do I need to flash again? or there is a simpler way to update (like windows update)

Update functionality via OTA is only given with the Stock MIUI Rom. You'd have to download the new ROM from MIUIAndroid everytime a new version is released.