Nexus Dialer

spaiduhz

Members
Jul 2, 2016
//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/578bfac...8-05-37-29-737_com.google.android.dialer.png?

Hi. Might seem to be a strange question to ask, since default mi dialer is pretty good once you remove yellow book, but I would like to know if anyone was able to get call history to work when using google marshmallow dialer?

History: side loaded Google dialer once, then Google play store thereafter allows me to install from there as well as contacts. Freezing mi dialer from titanium backup just brings it back on every reboot.

Might be nitpicking, but once I installed Google now launcher, I do wish to have *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*, chrome browser and Google messenger to take center stage.

Has anyone able to get this done? Or does the official nexus dialer just not like working on a non nexus phone?

I have tried other dialers and call history does appear. If anyone has an alternative dialer skinned like nexus dialer, I'm open to it too.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

What about SMS Backup & Restore by Carbonite for calls' history?
You find it on PlayStore.
Regarding dialer, did you try ExDialer? It's perfect and with clear background very enjoyable.
I have a Nexus 5 as well and I noted that Contacts installed on my Nexus is 6.0.1 version while
the app I got from PlayStore for my Redmi 3 is 1.4.9 version...

Reactions: spaiduhz
What about SMS Backup & Restore by Carbonite for calls' history?
You find it on PlayStore.
Regarding dialer, did you try ExDialer? It's perfect and with clear background very enjoyable.
I have a Nexus 5 as well and I noted that Contacts installed on my Nexus is 6.0.1 version while
the app I got from PlayStore for my Redmi 3 is 1.4.9 version...
Ex dialer does look nice. It's just not a nexus dialer, lol.

The backup utility works as advertised in backup of calls and SMS, but nexus dialer still has a blank history.

My nexus 6p and redmi 3s has the same dialer and contacts app version installed too. I don't have any other non nexus device to tinker around with unfortunately.

ecb08ccfd682ee6dc2601b89e87d3b5a.jpg
a9c6c9642827bfd5efc52f3f97f4e72a.jpg

I currently have a Redmi 3 Pro, though a 3S is coming in a few days. As you see you contacts version is the same as mine, while in Nexus 5 (with Marshmallow based custom rom and slim mini GApps from May) is 6.0.1 . Aside from that are you saying you can't import calls' history in your Redmi 3S by using SMS Backup & Restore? It's a little strange: did you check all permissions?

SMS and call log backup works. Nexus dialer still cannot view history while other dialers can. It's not a huge issue, just curious as to why nexus dialer does not have access to call history.
I currently have a Redmi 3 Pro, though a 3S is coming in a few days. As you see you contacts version is the same as mine, while in Nexus 5 (with Marshmallow based custom rom and slim mini GApps from May) is 6.0.1 . Aside from that are you saying you can't import calls' history in your Redmi 3S by using SMS Backup & Restore? It's a little strange: did you check all permissions?