NFC Auto Execute and Clipboard warning (no. 2 solved)

groschenopa

Members
Oct 23, 2022
Hi everyone!

I've been a fan of Xiaomi.eu for a few years now, so thanks for the team for the great work! I recently got back to it after switching to a MI 11 Ultra, and now I have two questions I couldn't find an answer for. Maybe you can help!

1. I use NFC for a blood glucose metering app, but with the current Weekly Xiaomi.eu, when I scan my meter, it asks for permission to open the app first. That never happened on stock Android and always cancels the reader processing the data. My current workaround is opening the app first an then scanning the meter. This is not practical in every situation though. Is there a way to disable this prompt (maybe in the dev settings) to execute NFC commands instantly when detected?

2. It's really annoying that in combination with a password manager, which I copied a login out of, that MIUI always asks if I want to give my browser permission to access the clipboard with a 5 second countdown delay. Is there any way to disable this as well?

Thank you so much, I hope there's an answer to give me as an able user back some decisional power over the OS.

Edit: Found the fix for no. 2 by myself. Just searched for "clipboard" in the settings.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-12-15-50-32-644_com.kiwibrowser.browser-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-12-15-50-32-644_com.kiwibrowser.browser-edit.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 126
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freestylelibre.app.de

Libre Link, but I'm pretty sure this applies to every app that has to be executed via NFC, does it not? I attached a screenshot of the prompt that I need to get rid of.
1) I have a bus pass card with NFC tag on it and I can scan it with its app without any notification in between.
2) That app you mentioned is not available to me at all. I tried to install it from outside of Play Store and it just crashes on start.
3) Pretty sure the notification you're seeing is a protection measure, I don't know of any way to disable that.

1. NFC works if I already have the app open for me, too. But it does not work if I touch the tag while on the homescreen, then it only shows the notification. My problem is that I always have to open the app first. On Oneplus/Oxygen the tag was apparently just allowed to open its app by itself.

2. The app is probably georestricted to markets where they sell their medicine equipment.

3. The notification comes from an app called "NFC services".

1. NFC works if I already have the app open for me, too. But it does not work if I touch the tag while on the homescreen, then it only shows the notification. My problem is that I always have to open the app first. On Oneplus/Oxygen the tag was apparently just allowed to open its app by itself.

2. The app is probably georestricted to markets where they sell their medicine equipment.

3. The notification comes from an app called "NFC services".
1. That definitely sounds like a security measure then. And OnePlus/Oxygen chose otherwise, but it doesn't make them more secure, just more convenient.
2. Sounds about right.
3. OK...

1. Yes, and that's exactly what I want in this case. Other security measures can be enabled to by people that know what they're doing (unknown sources, clipboard check etc.). But not this one? Thanks for your help anyways!

Hi, I´m in the same situation as you with librelink app, It happens since Miui 14. Before the update you coud scan the sensor with the app closed and it automatically open the app and do the scan, now it always show the notification that you are talking about, I agree its very anoying because if you click open it fails to scan and you have to scan again with the app open. so you have to scan twice or scan with the app open... i,ve been seraching how to set it to always open or disable the notifiction but with no success. Payments via NFC works fine at first touch. Dont know others apps that use NFC. Im using a Xiaomi 12 Pro if it matters.

Thanks alex_v600, good to know I'm not the only one affected by this! Maybe the xiaomi.eu Devs can implement a change in some weekly down the road. :)

Thanks alex_v600, good to know I'm not the only one affected by this! Maybe the xiaomi.eu Devs can implement a change in some weekly down the road. :)
Hello, exactly the same for me. I tried a lot of things but still a prompt and not open the app. My phone is also a Xiaomi 12 pro, and it worked well before thé last update

Very problematic indeed. This is not just a wallet app where you press the notification, scan and you're done for the day: the sensor is hard to reach and having to open the app or scan thrice is really not ideal for daily usage. I had never rebooted the phone, so the update has never been a problem up until yesterday. Nobody knows if there's any hidden setting?
If this version of the MIUI is open source, I could try seeing what I can do, but I wonder if flashing a custom version of the ROM could revoke warranty...

I'm guessing there's no hope of this being fixed unless Xiaomi changes it themselves since it's taken this long and nothing :/
I'm also using the librelink app and this issue only started occuring after I upgraded to 13 ultra with A13 and MIUI 14, but my F2 Pro/lmi with A12 MIUI 14 had no issues. Maybe if you're crazy and have root you can extract the NFC services app from there and it'll work?