NFC doesn't work on MIUI, Redmi note 8t

Flashed latest MIui 12 by xiaomi.eu but it wasn't as smooth as other ROMs for me so I changed...
You have to give it to settle down after initial setup. I had same feelings after very first moment with MIUI 12. After initial configuration, sync Play Store apps and setting up all my apps it getting snappy and smooth.

Just found another solution to the problem without flashing any PA build....
1) Reboot on TWRP
2) Wipe System, data, Dalvik cache, cache and vendor
3) Flash latest MIUI 11 firmware (V11.0.11.0.PCXEUXM), can be found here
4) Reboot to fastboot
5) Flash the exact same fastboot ROM (Flash All option, not locking bootloader)
6) Reboot and voila, NFC works

Please, tell me if it works for anyone else
I tried your method with Miui 12 firmware and rom and it didn't worked (Additionally I've installed xiaomi.eu rom).
So, i didn't wanted to reflash everything again and decided to fix already installed rom which I've already configured.
I've wiped cache, dalvik and vendor, flashed Miui 12 firmware, then xiaomi.eu rom again, wiped cache and dalvik and reboot. NFC is working again.

I suppose that fastboot flashing doesn't flash module responsible for NFC properly. Tinkering with firmware and rom updates fixes it somehow.

Reactions: Nikos Stylianou
I tried your method with Miui 12 firmware and rom and it didn't worked (Additionally I've installed xiaomi.eu rom).
So, i didn't wanted to reflash everything again and decided to fix already installed rom which I've already configured.
I've wiped cache, dalvik and vendor, flashed Miui 12 firmware, then xiaomi.eu rom again, wiped cache and dalvik and reboot. NFC is working again.

I suppose that fastboot flashing doesn't flash module responsible for NFC properly. Tinkering with firmware and rom updates fixes it somehow.
Yeap, it seems that my method doesn't work unless you're on a PA build... Anyways, I'm so glad that we have some guides to fix NFC, even unofficialy

Reactions: DooshPastesh
sorry for my english using google translator.

so fix my wilow's nfc, in the official v12 rom it didn't work, so flash twrp and from twrp delete Dalvik, System, Cache, Data and Internal Storage. Flash Pa quartz 4, data format, subtraction system. I do not configure anything or connect to the internet nfc does not work. I go back to twrp and I update the zip that fixes the bug in Pa quartz 4 the dalvik cache, the rest of the system and nfc works. Now in fastboot mode and with miflash I select to save user data and flash miui v12 I can't enter the pin of my sim it restarts over and over again, I go back to fastboot with miflash now I choose to clean all flash miui v12 again. Done now nfc works on official rom.

Last edited:
Hello people of the internet.

Key element for my Note 8T coming back from custom rom back to xiaomi stock rom with working NFC was use of rom from time when i bought my phone and than upgrading to MIUI 12 by standard updating proces (from within MIUI interface) .

recovery: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomiredminote8.html
rom (10.3.5.0 from end of 2019): https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/willow/stable/V10.3.5.0.PCXEUXM/

Steps for me were :

1. boot to fastboot
2. fastboot flash recovery ... (recovery mentioned above)
3. boot to twrp
4. format data & advanced wipe
5. boot to fastboot
6. ./flash_all.sh or ./flash_all_lock.sh ... (rom mentioned above)

Hope it helps
andering