No Quick Charge With Mix 2

darki

Members
May 3, 2016
Hello,

are you able to charge your Mix 2 with Quick Charge?
The last dev roms and the actual 9.5.5.0 stable rom have problems for me with QC. Only after rebooting the phone is charging with QC.

Last edited:
Did you try another USB cable?

I have no issues on mine Mix2..

I only have one Type C cable, but every time I rebooted the phone QC had worked. So my thought was that there is a bug in the rom. But I will check with another USB cable from a friend next days.

did you install any ROOT? Magisk or SuperSU? or any other mod..

Maybe something is broken with your ROM. Pls download the latest ROM global stable [*.ZIP*-File: Version: V9.5.6.0.ODEMIFA (MIUI9)] from here:

http://en.miui.com/download-334.html

and put it into the internal memory of your smartphone.

Charge the phone battery to >80%.

Then go to "Settings/About Phone/System Update". On top right of the screen you see three points, click that and then "Choose Update Package" then "File Manager" and look for the file you just downloaded. Once you find it click OK and the ROM will be installed. Give it time, it will take couple of minutes to install.

Your data/pictures/contacts etc. will not be erased!

Last edited:
@Modest Mind Thank your for answering. I have had this problem with a few dev roms by xiaomi.eu. Before switching to latest stable 9.5.5.0 I made a factory reset.
Do you really think something is broken in my rom?

I don't really want to switch to official global rom. For me xiaomi.eu rom is the best solution for years.

@Modest Mind Thank your for answering. I have had this problem with a few dev roms by xiaomi.eu. Before switching to latest stable 9.5.5.0 I made a factory reset.
Do you really think something is broken in my rom?

I don't really want to switch to official global rom. For me xiaomi.eu rom is the best solution for years.
Dear @darki. I am very sorry to have misread/misunderstood your question. I understood that you are on Global Stable ROM and executing my procedure from my previous comment would just overwrite your ROM and in this case your data/pictures/contacts etc. will not be erased! But now i understand that you are on different ROM (in this case Xioami.EU). In this case you replace your current ROM with Global Stable your data/pictures/contacts etc. will be erased! I've experienced several minor problems (like failure of the camera, quick charging etc.) at several different Xiaomi devices and overwriting the existing ROM (with the same and latest ROM) was the easiest way to remove those problems, but there is no guarantee that it will always work. To tell you the truth I've never overwritten an existing Xiaomi.EU with the latest version of the same ROM to try and remove such minor problems (like camera, quick charge etc.), because I prefer official global stable (of course I root them always), but i strongly believe that it cannot be different from Stable ROM to Stable ROM. Since you are on Xiaomi.EU, you can try one of these 2 procedures:

+ enter recovery mode and (via TWRP) make e copy of your smartphone into your computer

or

+ root your device (if not already rooted) and install Titanium Backup App, make a copy of your smartphone to you laptop

Try then to overwrite you existing ROM with the same ROM like explained in my previous email.

If overwriting via Updater does not work then enter TWRP, do a wipe of your device (but do not delete the internal storage) and reinstall the same ROM. You can re-create the contacts etc. via Titanium.

For later:

If this doe not work then pls let me know and I can guide you through the procedure of replacing (in recovery mode) your Xiaomi.EU ROM with Xiaomi Dev ROM then again replacing Xiaomi Dev ROM with Xiaomi.EU, but in this case I'm note sure if your data/pictures/contacts etc. will be erased. It might also happen that Xiaomi Dev ROM might relock your bootloader. At least that was the case with My former Mi5s.

Last edited:
Dear @darki. I am very sorry to have misread/misunderstood your question. I understood that you are on Global Stable ROM and executing my procedure from my previous comment would just overwrite your ROM and in this case your data/pictures/contacts etc. will not be erased! But now i understand that you are on different ROM (in this case Xioami.EU). In this case you replace your current ROM with Global Stable your data/pictures/contacts etc. will be erased! I've experienced several minor problems (like failure of the camera, quick charging etc.) at several different Xiaomi devices and overwriting the existing ROM (with the same and latest ROM) was the easiest way to remove those problems, but there is no guarantee that it will always work. To tell you the truth I've never overwritten an existing Xiaomi.EU with the latest version of the same ROM to try and remove such minor problems (like camera, quick charge etc.), because I prefer official global stable (of course I root them always), but i strongly believe that it cannot be different from Stable ROM to Stable ROM. Since you are on Xiaomi.EU, you can try one of these 2 procedures:

+ enter recovery mode and (via TWRP) make e copy of your smartphone into your computer

or

+ root your device (if not already rooted) and install Titanium Backup App, make a copy of your smartphone to you laptop

Try then to overwrite you existing ROM with the same ROM like explained in my previous email.

If overwriting via Updater does not work then enter TWRP, do a wipe of your device (but do not delete the internal storage) and reinstall the same ROM. You can re-create the contacts etc. via Titanium.

For later:

If this doe not work then pls let me know and I can guide you through the procedure of replacing (in recovery mode) your Xiaomi.EU ROM with Xiaomi Dev ROM then again replacing Xiaomi Dev ROM with Xiaomi.EU, but in this case I'm note sure if your data/pictures/contacts etc. will be erased. It might also happen that Xiaomi Dev ROM might relock your bootloader. At least that was the case with My former Mi5s.

I had this same problem on my Mix 2 after latest GlobeRom 8.4.26, just go in to developer settings and change USB config to Battery charging and you should be good to go until the problem gets fixed in next update, hopefully !